Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

It's not even comparable. I admitted earlier on in the thread that it's a bit of a jerkish thing to say but there is a clear difference.

Well I was never hypocritical about this the first place so there's nothing to be called out.

Edited by blandy

It's not even comparable. I admitted earlier on in the thread that it's a bit of a jerkish thing to say but there is a clear difference.

Well I was never hypocritical about this the first place so there's nothing to be called out.

You complained about the bile in this thread.

You have posted some of the bile in this thread .

Hypocritical no ?

Hypocritical no ?

It's not bile. I haven't even come close to wishing death upon people or saying I hope they burn in hell so no not hypocritical.

Hoping that other people are pissed off about something because you don't agree with them is bile. It might be less harsh than what others have said but it is bile regardless .

You are a hypocrite .

On the Union Jack, I don't think that because people have that flag in the crowd that that makes those people automatically "the Tory party" or that the Tory party are claiming ownership of the flag, or that those people post on here so doubt they are the same ones who have been saying that sme of the stuff is disrespectful. I think to suggest that they are "the Tory party" is a huge and incorrect generalisation.

For me it is much like the point that was, rightfully, made on here the other day that just because people had a negative view on Lady Thatcher did not mean that they were the "labour party"

Hypocritical no ?

It's not bile. I haven't even come close to wishing death upon people or saying I hope they burn in hell so no not hypocritical.

Hoping that other people are pissed off about something because you don't agree with them is bile. It might be less harsh than what others have said but it is bile regardless .

You are a hypocrite .

There have been loads of comments in this thread that could be seen as a bit nasty (including mine). I wasn't moaning about those kinds of things but comments like "I hope she burns in hell". Perhaps I should have made it clearer.

No I'm not a hypocrite.

I see the Tory unity didn't last long.

Today was supposed to be a day for political divisions to be cast aside. But, only 90 minutes after the funeral finished, hostilities have broken out. The Tories are at war with each other again.

This time it's David Mellor, the former culture secretary under John Major, having a go at David Cameron.

This morning, on the Today programme, Cameron said we are all Thatcherites now.

I think in a way we’re all Thatcherites now because, I mean, I think one of the things about her legacy is some of those big arguments that she had had, you know, everyone now accepts. No one wants to go back to trade unions that are undemocratic or one-sided nuclear disarmament or having great private sector businesses in the public sector.

Mellor told Sky just now he disagreed.

I thought you were going to put to me what Dave also said, that we are all Thatcherites now. To which my answer would be "Fat chance" as long as he's still got people like Andrew Cooper, who basically told him that in order for the Tories to be electable he had to rid the Conservative party of any taint of Thatcherism. He tried to do that, and he became prime minister despite not winning an election. If he has realised that, difficult though it is after a career in public relations, he should try to discover some depth of conviction, this might be a timely moment for him. But I'm not holding my breath.

There have been loads of comments in this thread that could be seen as a bit nasty (including mine). I wasn't moaning about those kinds of things but comments like "I hope she burns in hell". Perhaps I should have made it clearer.

No I'm not a hypocrite.

You should have said "Other peoples bile and not my own "

Now you are just a childish , back pedalling, goal post moving  hypocrite .

Know when to accept defeat man . Petulance is uncool dude.

• Like 1

Oh God not that "war criminal" chestnut again.

Here's one that couldn't make it, but who she would have been delighted to have there.

Pinochet_zps817cff36.jpg

On my visit to Chile I found divided opinions on Pinochet that eclipse those we have seen here in the past week, and he was responsible for killing people. Many people genuinely revere his memory.

No I'm not a hypocrite.

You should have said "Other peoples bile and not my own "

Now you are just a childish , back pedalling, goal post moving  hypocrite .

Know when to accept defeat man . Petulance is uncool dude.

Except what I said wasn't bile, just like a lot of anti-Thatcher comments in this thread have been a bit jerkish but not exactly bile.

Defeat? Isn't hurling childish insults at people (which is what you're doing) a sign of defeat?

Â