New Kit 2013-2014

NIVillan

Don't get the macron hate. There isn't a good kit out there this year having looked at the other threads. At least we aren't using Warrior!

I quite like our current kits as well. If anything, Macron are producing some better shirts than their rivals (except for that Lorient one)

That Lorient one would do as an away kit. Think it would look alright in maybe white with the stripes on the chest in claret and blue.

Wouldn't want it as a home kit though.

I agree, Macron kits are awful, look cheap and nasty and the training gear is junk too. The "macron" wording on the kit should be far smaller font size.

Wish we could go back to Le Coq Sportif

Don't get the macron hate. There isn't a good kit out there this year having looked at the other threads. At least we aren't using Warrior!

I quite like our current kits as well. If anything, Macron are producing some better shirts than their rivals (except for that Lorient one)

The objection is basically down to the fact that some people like to wear "sports fashion-wear" down the pub/out in public/when not doing sport and that Macron is not viewed in the same class as Nike/Addidas etc. I've got the current home kit. I genuinely prefer it to the Nike Dry-fit from last season and the little man is still proudly in place because I wash it properly.

All that being said, I may just be odd since the most comfotable kits we've ever had in my eyes are the Mitre lace up one and the diadora '94 away monstrosity, which is made of the nastiest fabric every produced.

• Like 1

The objection is basically down to the fact that some people like to wear "sports fashion-wear" down the pub/out in public/when not doing sport and that Macron is not viewed in the same class as Nike/Addidas etc. I've got the current home kit. I genuinely prefer it to the Nike Dry-fit from last season and the little man is still proudly in place because I wash it properly.

The objection is the exact opposite for me. I want to use it for sport and unless I take up base jumping and need a wingsuit there is a seriously unneccesary amount of fecking material around the midriff. A 42" chest should not be accompanied by a 46" waste on sportswear.

This is only made more annoying by the fact macron make proper kits for their Italian clients.

I'm refusing to buy a Macron Kit.  It's like something you would buy in one of them markets in Thailand.  Really cheap looking and poor quality.  I'll be wearing the old Nike kit for the next 40 years.

• Like 1

I'm refusing to buy a Macron Kit.  It's like something you would buy in one of them markets in Thailand.  Really cheap looking and poor quality.  I'll be wearing the old Nike kit for the next 40 years.

And for all those ones saying its snobery and only want to wear Nike or Addidas that not true either in my case.  I still wear away at the Hummel- 32Red kit. 

• Like 1

Haha fair point. Then why can't they design the badge as well! I seem to remember there being a lot of awesome designs out there at the time (although I'm one of the few who actually likes the new badge)

I hate the badge, and yeah I think a few on here could do a better job of designing it, though I've a feeling we'd end up with a round one! I think go for a new design or bring back a homage to something older. It's too soon to bring the 80's back. I like the minimalist rampant lion and AV of the 60's/70's myself. I'm rambling. We're stuck with the current one for several seasons yet anyway.

I hate the badge, and yeah I think a few on here could do a better job of designing it, though I've a feeling we'd end up with a round one! I think go for a new design or bring back a homage to something older. It's too soon to bring the 80's back. I like the minimalist rampant lion and AV of the 60's/70's myself. I'm rambling. We're stuck with the current one for several seasons yet anyway.

I agree that the minimalist lion looks great, as does the round badge on the mock-up above, but I think we're lucky that the current badge is not bad as it happens. We could have an Everton style effort after all.

I would like the blue on the badge to match the blue on the kit however...

Really didn't like this years kits, the lime one grew on me a bit.

The home kit was awful, I bought it £5 and even that felt too much.

This.

They were knocking them out for £8 in sports direct, went and had another look and it was still as awful as I remember. The cut is also one of the worst I have seen.

• Like 1

Â