World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

Same as Saturday so for our Danish contingent (Helenius isn't in the squad...).

Clark, Okore, Guzan & Vlaar didn't feature.

Hutton, Benteke, Tonev, Kozak & Weimann did.

Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany and Italy have all qualified. Bosnia getting very close after win against Slovakia.

Switzerland haven't qualified yet but are close. The race for second is very close with Iceland, Slovenia, Norway and Albania on 13, 12, 11 and 10 points respectively. 

USA 2- Mexico 0. Should have been 3, but Dempsey missed a penalty.

Total humiliation for Mexico, who still look completely lost out there, new manager and all. 

Suck it, Chicharito!

• Like 4

Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany and Italy have all qualified. Bosnia getting very close after win against Slovakia.

Switzerland haven't qualified yet but are close. The race for second is very close with Iceland, Slovenia, Norway and Albania on 13, 12, 11 and 10 points respectively. 

Yeah my bad, they are 5 points ahead of Iceland with 2 games left, so not quite, but they obviously will now qualify.

USA 2- Mexico 0. Should have been 3, but Dempsey missed a penalty.

Total humiliation for Mexico, who still look completely lost out there, new manager and all. 

Suck it, Chicharito!

And yet looking at their fixtures, they'll probably still qualify. They're home to Panama next. If they win that (and I fancy they will) then it's job done, because Panama won't beat the USA. Then they playoff against New Zealand...

Cheers Colombia, negative display at the Centenario getting what it deserves, 2-0 Uruguay.

Uruguay could still nick top 4 spot in this group.

Sadly the Venezuela dream is over for another 4 years, would've loved to have seen Arango in a world cup. :(

Whoever gets the play off place in south America will end up in Rio, playing the winners of Uzbekistan v Jordan shouldn't be a problem for Uruguay or Colombia.

OK I presume they will be seeded by world ranking? Or is it by who gets the most points in the group phase?

World ranking. The intention is to help the big boys.

I don't think the seeding really works in Europe, France Portugal greece and Croatia looking the likely seeds, but Greece could get Denmark, Croatia get Bulgaria, very hard to pick winners, against the seeding of south America v Asia which is heavily stacked in south Americans favour

Edited by Jimzk5

I don't think the seeding really works in Europe, France Portugal greece and Croatia looking the likely seeds, but Greece could get Denmark, Croatia get Bulgaria, very hard to pick winners, against the seeding of south America v Asia

Yeah, UEFA's Euro seedings ethos mainly follows the Tesco mantra

Â