World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

Oh and after last night's results, Iceland are now second in their group.

Went to the game last night and I've never been so happy with a result for the national team. We've got Cyprus at home and Norway away, we still need four points IMO.

It's not just the results but the football we are playing is great. Our U-21 now is also exciting, having won all their qualification games, so the future is very bright.

Lagerbäck has really got the boys playing well and he'll be a national hero if we do the unthinkable!

• Like 1

Consistency is the key. You see it so often with the smaller sides that they surprise a big team one day and then let themselves down against a lesser light. If you can keep your results consistent then I'd love to see you qualify. Although UEFA have made sure the seeding will make it that little bit harder for you :angry:

I think if Ukraine come 2nd place in the group then they will be the hardest unseeded team. I am of the opinion they are a decent team, and the 0-0 draw in Kiev was a good result. Also Ukraine have a terrible playoff record. It's time for them to do well.

Iceland had a good group for once, they usually get drawn in those mad 5 team groups...or with Scotland (who always tend to beat them).

Norway had a good team in the 90s but have been declining for years, bit like Denmark and Czechs. Slovenia had a really poor start but have picked up now, still a small nation in football terms. And Albania are pretty much Iceland's level.

It is a weak group, so weak I actually think the likes of Scotland and Wales would challenge for 2nd in there If either have been drawn in that one but sort of luck you need to bring development along for a smaller nation.

Don't think Iceland will make the world cup but euros in 2016 looks a realistic target.

Really disappointed as Cape Verde in the world cup would've been amazing. That said they only got the opportunity as in an earlier game Eq. Guinea beat them but played an ineligible player so they got a 3-0 win.

It's ridiculous looking at the African section how many groups have instances of this were results have been overturned for this.

I know most African teams are run shambolically and shall we say news travels a little bit slower in that continent but surely it's not that difficult for the coaches to take note of which of their players are on two yellows and so it might be a good idea not to play them in the next match, really basic stuff.

Â