The Late Heartbreaks

BleedClaretAndBlue

The Spurs 4-4 at WHL was a killer personally and the one against Leicester many many years ago when Draper ripped us to pieces.

Remember that, was a Monday night IIRC. We'd been to a funeral during the day for my OH's Grandfather. Went in the local for a few drinks without realising the game was on. If the day wasn't bad enough seeing Kaboul (I think) scoring the equaliser really did make me sick.

Fulham at Craven Cottage 2 seasons ago, which I was at. Leading 1-0 for almost the entire match. Let them score with the last kick of the game - a corner of course - where Hangeland buried the equaliser in the 90 + 5 min.

I was also at that 0-1 game at VP against Liverpool when Torres had the ball luckily fall at his feet at 90 + 3 min. Late equaliser is bad, late winner when we've outplayed Liverpool all match is just taking the piss.

We must have let in more late goals that any other team in the top flight I can think of, and that's not even looking at it from bias perspective.

I never let football results bother me, it is only a game, but that Spurs 4-4 game which I was at was the only time a football result has made me struggle to get to sleep at night. For 2 nights I would like to add.

Look at us reminding ourselves of all the heartbreaks we have had ver the years! As if things weren't bad enough!

Yeah - remember when your first pet died, and that girl dumped you! Or when [add close relative] died!

What's next - worst performance against SHA?

Was I the only one that was extremely surprised we didn't throw away our three goal lead at Anfield? Right until the last 5 minutes or so I honestly believed we wouldn't win it.

Edited by Mantis

More indication that we just arent this great club many make out to be.

We are very soft, very easy to beat. No composure, poor with the ball and under pressure and have been for many years.

James Milner and Emile Heskey were very good at keeping the ball to kill a game, but other than that - its just been capitulation after capitulation. I am never confident of the win regardless of the score as we very rarely look comfortable. Simply because we attract poor players (regardless of the budget) and always will imo.

We are very soft, very easy to beat. No composure, poor with the ball and under pressure and have been for many years.

James Milner and Emile Heskey were very good at keeping the ball to kill a game, but other than that - its just been capitulation after capitulation. I am never confident of the win regardless of the score as we very rarely look comfortable. Simply because we attract poor players (regardless of the budget) and always will imo.

Have you not considered that our attracting of poor players is more down to managers and board restrictions than our status as a club?

Have you not considered that our attracting of poor players is more down to managers and board restrictions than our status as a club?

What does it matter what its down to. We didnt have restrictions under O'Neill. We attracted the very bottom end of top players at best along with many poor players. Don't worry though,Wesley Sneijder came and was impressed with the facilities. 

Edited by Woodytom

2-2 home to Blues is the worst. Barry went off on about 80 mins and we fell apart. Luke Moore nicked it off a defender and played in Angel the waster just before they got their first I think.

That hurt the most, but in terms of achievement the 3-2 loss away at Man U leading 2-1 going into extra time was brutal.

2-2 home to Blues is the worst. Barry went off on about 80 mins and we fell apart. Luke Moore nicked it off a defender and played in Angel the waster just before they got their first I think.

That hurt the most, but in terms of achievement the 3-2 loss away at Man U leading 2-1 going into extra time was brutal.

Man Utd equalised with about 10 mins left I think.

Positive ones - 

2-0 down to Reading the FA Cup, won 4-2 (Carew hattrick) and 2 down away at Southampton and came back to win 3-2. Remember Steven Davis and Carlton Cole scoring for us that game.

Â