The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Okay Mr Lerner, start turning this club around. Im not asking for crazy money for players but start to market it right and full the stadium every week and the rest will come.

We have got the bases of a very good young side who we can build off and a manager with a plan for the future, something that we havent had for a very long time.

Now its you and Mr Faulkners turn to step up and make this club great once again. P lambert cant do it all on his own

Yep, it's put up or shut up time for Randolph.

To be fair, he's always shut up.

It's more like put up or piss off time.

Okay Mr Lerner, start turning this club around. Im not asking for crazy money for players but start to market it right and full the stadium every week and the rest will come.

We have got the bases of a very good young side who we can build off and a manager with a plan for the future, something that we havent had for a very long time.

Now its you and Mr Faulkners turn to step up and make this club great once again. P lambert cant do it all on his own

Surely it's down to Lerner that the club is showing signs of turning around? We have the basis of a good young side cos Randy refused to spend like before so Lambert uses youngsters/academy players. Randy got us into this mess, but in hiring Lambert and bringing in more prudent spending habits, he would seem to have made a decisions that hurt us short term but look like they're going to perhaps pay off in the longer term. If it works out, credit where credit is due for Randy.

Yeah I think Lerner and Lambert have done a phenomenal job in 12 months.  He's finally learnt from his mistakes and things are looking up again, I hope fans don't just demand we start spending big money again or throw their toys out the pram.  We need steady growth, a bit of wise investment over the next 3 or 4 windows is still needed before we are truly back where we belong.  We may get there quicker of course but we still need to be patient.

Surely it's down to Lerner that the club is showing signs of turning around? We have the basis of a good young side cos Randy refused to spend like before so Lambert uses youngsters/academy players. Randy got us into this mess, but in hiring Lambert and bringing in more prudent spending habits, he would seem to have made a decisions that hurt us short term but look like they're going to perhaps pay off in the longer term. If it works out, credit where credit is due for Randy.

Yes but to move this project forward allot of things have to be done off the field like marketing Villa better over seas and merchandising. I see the online shop is getting a revamp, maybe this is the start

Lerner hasn't been to game for a long, long time - one of the staff told me hasn't been to VP all season and no one has a clue whether he is interested or not.

8 times this season, as far as I can make out, including his arrival this morning. Last visit was March.

• Like 1

Lerner hasn't been to game for a long, long time - one of the staff told me hasn't been to VP all season and no one has a clue whether he is interested or not.

8 times this season, as far as I can make out, including his arrival this morning. Last visit was March.

Welcome back. Are you staying?

Oh mah dayz blud, it's thetrees! How are you matey? I knew you hadn't shaken your spotting habit

Thanks.

Been around in OT for a while. I'm still looking out over wide spaces with aeroplanes on them!

Yes but to move this project forward allot of things have to be done off the field like marketing Villa better over seas and merchandising.

Must get results on the pitch right first, or nobody in Thailand will buy a thing.

Yes but to move this project forward allot of things have to be done off the field like marketing Villa better over seas and merchandising.

Must get results on the pitch right first, or nobody in Thailand will buy a thing.

Yes the two certainly go hand in hand. Exciting attacking football will help

For those who are wishing that Lerner sells Villa asap...the new owners are almost always bound to change managers couple months - six months after they've taken over and we've probably would get yet another transitional re-building phase with who knows in charge ...

IMO for now: "The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know".

We're definitely over the worst of the car crash O'Neil left us with, and after slagging off Lambert in the earlier part if the season I'll admit that I was wrong about him.

I'm far more optimistic for next season than I ever thought I would be, I'm not deluding myself that we'll be pulling up trees or owt.

But Lerner got it right in hiring Lambert, let's hope he gets it right and backs him, sensibly, in the transfer market this summer.

Â