The Randy Lerner thread

CI

lerner should bow his head for signing ireland without a manager

what a disaster that has been. and i bet ireland is one of our top earners

That transfer whilst we were managerless showed me the light about Lerner. he hasnt got a clue.

Its documented that O'neill met with Ireland days before he lft and the deal was already setup with City

Is it? Do you have a copy of those documents? Or a link to them?

Do you even have a link to an official statement that this is the case?

I filed them under everything else that isn't officially announced and therefore definitely can't be true

Oh sorry I thought when you said it was documented that you actually meant it was documented.

So it isn't documented, it is just a theory and one theory amongst many others and none of us have the slightest idea if it is accurate or not.

I didn't say it couldn't be true, it might well be but you can't say its documented when quite clearly it isn't.

Well I think it was Gazton that mentioned it and whilst you are being anal about the word documented, and quite rightly, I too will be anal and class the post(s) as documented. :D

I think calling a decorated US Marine General for running away like a coward is perhaps not the most sensible thing you've ever posted, TheDrums. Admittedly he did post some stuff which surely qualifies as BS, but I think he a) got another job and B) he just got fed up of posting and some of the abusive and or unbalanced posts people were directing at him and Randy. It's a shame he seemed to just go off without so much as a cheerio, but he's not a coward, not remotely.

lerner should bow his head for signing ireland without a manager

what a disaster that has been. and i bet ireland is one of our top earners

That transfer whilst we were managerless showed me the light about Lerner. he hasnt got a clue.

Its documented that O'neill met with Ireland days before he lft and the deal was already setup with City

I'm not doubting for a minute that MON wanted and in all probability met with Ireland, everything points to that being true. The thing is, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the point you were answering. Once MON had left / been forced out* the transfer should at the very least have been put on ice until a new man was installed as the manager.

It is completely and utterly bonkers to buy a player without a manager in a club with a British approach to football management. Oh and I never have bought the "binding legal agreement" nonsense, if that is true it shows the board in even less of a good light as we held all the aces in the deal, so really what was the point in signing such a daft agreement in the first place.

* delete as applicable in your own mind

I think calling a decorated US Marine General for running away like a coward is perhaps not the most sensible thing you've ever posted, TheDrums. Admittedly he did post some stuff which surely qualifies as BS, but I think he a) got another job and B) he just got fed up of posting and some of the abusive and or unbalanced posts people were directing at him and Randy. It's a shame he seemed to just go off without so much as a cheerio, but he's not a coward, not remotely.

On Vital Villa every single time the going got tough he was suddenly busy for a few weeks and would appear when everything is good.

He suddenly appeared, such a coincidence when Bent was signed to take up all the compliments, but was no where to be seen when criticism was coming his way. Even though he told fans he'd be here throughout the bad times.

He deleted Villa fans from his Facebook page not because they left comments on his wall because he wanted nothing more to do with them, even though "he was one of us".

Then you have him disappearing without as much as a goodbye.

Ok, he may not be a coward but a propaganda spinning lapdog he certainly is.

If RL is here for the game give him a piece of mind. He cant seriously watch us get ripped apart today and be content. I'm starting to dislike the man.

What a pathetic comment.

Hey, whilst you're there looking into the future can you let me know the lottery numbers for tonight please?

How about acting like an adult and waiting until the games actually been played? Or would that be far too reasonable a thing to ask?

If RL is here for the game give him a piece of mind. He cant seriously watch us get ripped apart today and be content. I'm starting to dislike the man.

What a pathetic comment.

Hey, whilst you're there looking into the future can you let me know the lottery numbers for tonight please?

How about acting like an adult and waiting until the games actually been played? Or would that be far too reasonable a thing to ask?

6 12 24 29 32 38 14

Rumour is he's going to start spending again

Another Jet or is he going for a bigger house?

I've heard it's a free ginger wig for every fan to show their solidarity to McLeish.

Â