The Randy Lerner thread

CI

To be fair in the instance of Beye, wasn't he Newcastle's player of the season before we bought him? Just can't predict some of them.

That is very, very true.....when the some of them becomes most of them, that what causes the problems.

• Like 1

Why do people think Liverpool haven't spent much money?

In relative terms......and productive terms.

Suarez /Bent, same/similar money spent.....is the money spent the problem or the productivity of the player?

I would suggest its been what we are NOT getting for our money.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Suarez /Bent, same/similar money spent.....is the money spent the problem or the productivity of the player?

You have to take into account the fact that a player like Suarez would always chose Liverpool over Aston Villa. We don't have the same pull so must overpay for a lesser quality player. 

When he sold up we were without doubt in a worse position than the current situation.

Is that true?

I'd say we have a worse squad. DOL was sacked and we've got a manager most fans can't stand. On top of that we've just had a season much worse than Doug's final year.

Is there any difference between DOL and a manager we can't stand?

Why do people think Liverpool haven't spent much money?!

The media keep telling us they haven't

Forget this years spending but £35m for Carrol + £20m for Downing - would blow must clubs transfer budget for a couple of seasons...

Forget this years spending but £35m for Carrol + £20m for Downing - would blow must clubs transfer budget for a couple of seasons...

Minus £50m for Torres? I don't remember that much money being wasted on a crap player merry go round for a long time?

Minus £50m for Torres? I don't remember that much money being wasted on a crap player merry go round for a long time?

Henderson £20m also.Or was that a different window?

No that was the very same window! So much mediocrity and so many millions?

You have to take into account the fact that a player like Suarez would always chose Liverpool over Aston Villa. We don't have the same pull so must overpay for a lesser quality player. 

...but that has manifested itself over so many years of so many poor decisions...what comes first the chicken or the egg?

The rate we are going we will never change it..... we have just employed too many managers who have not been up to the task of transforming the playing side of the club, despite them claiming to do so.

Henderson has played very well this season and Liverpool's results dipped without him. I generally feel Henderson is a little underrated. A new Ray Kennedy perhaps?
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are there any members who still back Lerner? 

Does it matter any more? He is trying to get out, which is what we all appear to want. 

Of course it matters, there might be some who still wish for him to stay.

Are there any members who still back Lerner? 

Does it matter any more? He is trying to get out, which is what we all appear to want. 

Of course it matters, there might be some who still wish for him to stay.

I'd imagine that'd be a fairly lonely boat to be in now. I've been one of those who've thought Randy got a slightly harsh ride over the years but now that he's said he wants out, I want it all done and dusted as soon as possible.

Of course, we'll only know in the future whether him moving on was for the better of the club.

• Like 1

Is it a sign of how the money in the game has gone mad, when RL is giving 'only' £10m (that's £10,000,000.00!!) and we are outraged?

This is not a defence of Lerner, more a statement of how what would be a life changing amount of money to us, is nowhere near enough to confirm survival in this league!

Is it a sign of how the money in the game has gone mad, when RL is giving 'only' £10m (that's £10,000,000.00!!) and we are outraged?

This is not a defence of Lerner, more a statement of how what would be a life changing amount of money to us, is nowhere near enough to confirm survival in this league!

Who is he giving £10m to?

• Like 1

Â