The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Do you actually think he 'spoke' those three pars? I don't. This is just PR guff to keep the fans happy.

I think there's more to it. Let's be honest will any disgruntled fan now be happy because of what he said?

Also there's been plenty of occassions to release pr rubbish to try and please the fans.

If I was a betting man, which I am,

I'd bet that nobody is going anywhere this summer. Not Lambert. Not Faulkner. Not Lerner.

That would be so depressing.

Might as well get this ready.

Villa Fans: Moan never hear from the owner.

Hear from the owner...

Villa Fans: Yeah, but not what we want to hear..

Edit:

Pathetic isn't it?

Yes it is

I just realized i did pretty much the same without adding anything usefull to the topic so i deleted it

I would imagine having this kind of negativity splashed on national back pages wouldn't exactly help the sale of the club this summer.

I'm hoping that's part of the reason he chose to speak.

But according to the ITKs, the talks are advanced and will be announced once we're safe. What's happened over the last few days would impact nothing.

A new owner wouldn't just pull out because two people, who they'd have more than likely gotten rid of anyway, have been suspended.

Do you actually think he 'spoke' those three pars? I don't. This is just PR guff to keep the fans happy.

I think there's more to it. Let's be honest will any disgruntled fan now be happy because of what he said?

Also there's been plenty of occassions to release pr rubbish to try and please the fans.

He only speaks in extreme cases and in this case it reads like it's lifted from a press release. I can't help but be cynical. I imagine this has been constructed with a press officer, but it is not a direct quote of how he is feeling. Therefore in my opinion it is pretty worthless. We need an owner willing to speak to the fans. There is no reason not to.

Hear from the owner...

Edit:

Pathetic isn't it?

Is it really?

Assuming that Phil here isn't just posting this because of VF1970.

It's a typical reaction on here over the last few years, if the club say anything, it's dismissed as PR bullshit, if they don't say anything, people complain that the club never communicate with us. Lose-lose situation really.

Having said that though, it was an unnecessary thing to say and didn't add much.

Personally, I just think that the statement points more to the situation being much bigger than it seems if RL has been forced to come out and say something. And as BJ says, it's not exactly going to alleviate many fans' displeasure is it? 

He only speaks in extreme cases and in this case it reads like it's lifted from a press release. I can't help but be cynical. I imagine this has been constructed with a press officer, but it is not a direct quote of how he is feeling. Therefore in my opinion it is pretty worthless. We need an owner willing to speak to the fans. There is no reason not to.

I do agree with all that. I just think there's something that's made him speak about this case rather than just because he felt it was the right time to try and please the fans.

I would imagine having this kind of negativity splashed on national back pages wouldn't exactly help the sale of the club this summer.

But according to the ITKs, the talks are advanced and will be announced once we're safe. What's happened over the last few days would impact nothing.

A new owner wouldn't just pull out because two people, who they'd have more than likely gotten rid of anyway, have been suspended.

Yeah probably. Just thinking of reasons that may have made him speak now.

The same ITK’s that knew absolute nothing about the goings on that got 2 of our senior coaching staff suspended?

Yeah i’ll believe them :lol:

• Like 1

The same ITK’s that knew absolute nothing about the goings on that got 2 of our senior coaching staff suspended?

This ITK was the one who broke the news before anyone else.

Hear from the owner...

Edit:

Pathetic isn't it?

Is it really?

Assuming that Phil here isn't just posting this because of VF1970.

It's a typical reaction on here over the last few years, if the club say anything, it's dismissed as PR bullshit, if they don't say anything, people complain that the club never communicate with us. Lose-lose situation really.

Having said that though, it was an unnecessary thing to say and didn't add much.

Personally, I just think that the statement points more to the situation being much bigger than it seems if RL has been forced to come out and say something. And as BJ says, it's not exactly going to alleviate many fans' displeasure is it? 

I have no idea what you mean by VF1970, so no.

You only have to look at how Villa wrote yesterday's statement to see how controlled they are when it comes to PR.

• Like 1

:D

I think this take over will happen as their source has been right quite a few times.

I'm sure what your point is!? John was saying that it might impact any sale; I was debating that, if the ITKs are correct and there is a takeover going on, then it will not make any difference.

You only have to look at how Villa wrote yesterday's statement to see how controlled they are when it comes to PR.

VillaForever1970, one of the other guys quoted.

Don't worry, I'm not having a go at you :) 

It just amused me how VF1970 was accused of being pathetic for saying it will be dismissed as PR bullshit, then you posted immediately after.

:D

I think this take over will happen as their source has been right quite a few times.

:D  Awesome.

VillaForever1970, one of the other guys quoted.

Don't worry, I'm not having a go at you :)

It just amused me how VF1970 was accused of being pathetic for saying it will be dismissed as PR bullshit, then you posted immediately after.

No worries. That's actually why I did post, I thought I'd speak on behalf of a lot of us Villa PR cynics. IMO Villa's PR team is one of the most difficult there is.

If I was a betting man, which I am,

I'd bet that nobody is going anywhere this summer. Not Lambert. Not Faulkner. Not Lerner.

Are you usually successful at betting or do the bookies welcome your input?

Â