The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Who is this HH and why does people believe what he/she is saying on twitter? 

to be fair he has been right with a couple of things and he used to have access to directors box.. so he may have met/created relationships with certain people within the club. Who knows. He isnt hiding behind a nickname.. so he wouldnt lie too much!

Howard Hodgson.... author of the ever so slightly self-servicing "Hodgson Report" He runs some sort of sports agency and goes on holiday a lot.

He used to sit the directors box and tweeted inside/not for general consumption information. The club let it slide until he tweeted something about an injury that wasn't in the public domain (IIRC). The club said stop or leave the box and so he left the box.

He's been openly hostle to the club, management and ownership since, haven't quite made up my mind about him as yet.... if its sour grapes or genuine.

Still, if you do twitter if you @ him something nice about him its an easy RT.

Edited by Eames

Howard Hodgson.... author of the ever so slightly self-servicing "Hodgson Report" He runs some sort of sports agency and goes on holiday a lot.

He used to sit the directors box and tweeted inside/not for general consumption information. The club let it slide until he tweeted something about an injury that wasn't in the public domain (IIRC). The club said stop or leave the box and so he left the box.

He's been openly hostle to the club, management and ownership since, haven't quite made up my mind about him as yet.... if its sour grapes or genuine.

Still, if you do twitter if you @ him something nice about him its an easy RT.

Ah Howard Hodgson doh.  Cheers for that.  Might be a bit of truth in it then. 

New owner would be great news as it would pretty much guarantee Lambert being removed as well.

I'm hopeful. I think evidence points to a sale over some brilliant plan to be competitive again.

and how do you know he will remove Lambert?

I give my club UNEQUIVACAL support regardless.

I have booed Ellis

Hypocrite?

Notice I said I NEVER BOO A PLAYER - since when has Ellis played for Villa??? Booing a CHAIRMAN is totally different to booing a player before during and after a match!!! (so thanks for removing the part of my sentence where I mention players)

he did invent the bicycle kick though ;)

New owner would be great news as it would pretty much guarantee Lambert being removed as well.

I'm hopeful. I think evidence points to a sale over some brilliant plan to be competitive again.

and how do you know he will remove Lambert?

probably wont guarantee but it is likely... part of organising a take over would usually mean they have a plan.. a plan including a new manager to take them forward. Stranger things have occured though

I really don't want to get my hopes up.

It doesn't make sense does it?

Why go through this cost cutting only to sell up? You're not getting any of the benefit?

What if we had got relegated during the cost cutting period? This hasn't been though thr... hang on. This does now sound like a Randy and Paul special.

Maybe the Kraft connection would make sense? Apparently enquired about buying Liverpool and now there is the Birmingham connection with Cadbury. Mixed views on the guy, he is very high profile and has turned the Patriots into the most successful teams in the league and compared to the Lerner's his ownership has been excellent. 'Soccer' is less successful though. To be honest can't see how anyone could be worse than Lerner.

I imagine the potential purchasers would likely have a clause to withdraw from the purchase if we got relegated. Would make sense why they wouldnt announce it till after the season is finished.

Tomaszk, you could argue that driving the losses down and making the club FFP compliant makes it more attractive to a buyer. It's shovelling shit that they ultimately won't have to because the work has been done for them.

I don't think it's happening for that reason, but it's a possible explanation.

If the rumours were true at the time, Randy went through a messy divorce which hit his pocket rather badly. Whether this was the catalyst for him wanting to get out (if that itself is true), we don't know, but it would make perfect business sense if he needed to make some money. No one makes money owning a football team, I think that has been stated by various chairmen over the years.

Of course, just because he wanted to sell doesn't mean he necessarily would any time soon, so cutting costs to make us more sustainable (though sacrificing on how competitive we could be) and so that he could recoup as much money as possible from us just makes sense. I would like to think that Randy also realises that he won't be getting as much money through our sale as he would like, so if all this conjecture is true, one would assume he is just trying to save as much money as possible before he can get out.

what a great legacy Randy will leave if/when he leaves

a refurbished hotel which only a few folks can actually get into

a nice training ground, us plebs can't even visit anymore

a terrible team

a terrible badge

a laughing stock of a club

Cheers RL

Tomaszk, you could argue that driving the losses down and making the club FFP compliant makes it more attractive to a buyer. It's shovelling shit that they ultimately won't have to because the work has been done for them.

I don't think it's happening for that reason, but it's a possible explanation.

Agreed.

Just a lot of work and risk to go through the sell up immediately. Not that I'd be complaining.

what a great legacy Randy will leave if/when he leaves

a refurbished hotel which only a few folks can actually get into

a nice training ground, us plebs can't even visit anymore

a terrible team

a terrible badge

a laughing stock of a club

Cheers RL

Jesus, that **** badge. What a piece of dirt. So amateur.

• Like 2

Â