• N'Zogbia
    • Westwood
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 79)
    • Holman (for El Ahmadi 82)
    • Baker (for Agbonlahor 90+2)

Ha, has Weimann become the new scapegoat? Keep yer heads on people. Everton are a good team and Fellaini is a nightmare to defend against. He's caused trouble to better defences than ours (all of them are better ;)...)

There is no quick fix to the situation we're in and at the very least we need to be picking up points in games like this - away to the team fifth in the league. We had quality upfront and played well against a good team, that bodes well. There are positives to give us hope. It was so shit to let that last goal in but we are not doomed, we just have a massive end of the season ahead of us.  

As for Gary Gardner, again, come on people - he's being positive. There is nothing wrong with staying positive, it's a good sign that the players haven't given up yet. 

Some people go way too far into hysteria, in my opinion. 

• Like 4

Guzan 7 - Some good saves and did well on set pieces despite beinh held, showed and stepped on

Lowton 7 - Excellent cross for the goal, okay in defence. Certainly an improvement from earlier games.
Bennett 6 - Put in a fantastic cross that no one went for unfortunatly. Struggled in defence, but showed signs of improvement.
Vlaar 6 - A few crunching tackles, but was bullied by Fellani and Anichebe at times. Out classed for Fellani's equaliser.
Clark 6 - Struggled with Anichebe's strenght, but had some excellent tackles and interceptions.

El Ahmedi 5 - very little impact. Often out of position.
Westwood 8 - Good game. Showed a bit of fight today and was good on the ball. Excellent cross for 2-1.
N'Zogbia 6 - Good first half, but faded.
Gabby 7 - Great goal, worked tirelessly
Weimann 6 - Not his best game. Should have scored. Also wasted a 2 v 2 break by shooting hopelessly early.

Benteke 8 - Two great goals.

Edited by tarjei

Taken in isolation, we'd be happy with a point, possibly even in those circumstances.

But, the big but is something similar happens at every away game at the moment.

Swansea, we drop 2 points in the 93rd minute

Albion, we blow a 2 goal lead

Today, blow a two goal lead by letting in two in the last 20 minutes. We suffer the double whammy of the second being in injury time AND from a corner.

we played pretty well today but KEA can feck off .............bennett feck off....and clark (come on son sort it out your better than this) 

lowton was alot better aswell

the ref was woeful

i was in their end so had to keep quiet but like a daft bastard cudnt keep quiet when the beast got our 3rd goal soon got **** off (better than a kicking tho to be honest lol) albeit if i hadnt some tight permed bastard would av had one on the chin when they equalized  

we gotta take heart from today but i feel we have gone now

RT @Gards38 "Would have took a point before the game well done lads onto the next!". 

Just saw this tweet by our VERY OWN Gary Gardener. 

If this is the mentality of everyone at Aston Villa then we are in serious trouble.  I wouldn't care if we are playing Barcelona WE should always go out to win. 

From this one tweet alone I hope we release this player at the end of the season.  A professional sports man should NEVER say this.

Im shocked!! 

A professional should never say something designed to lift the spirits of his teammates after a disappointing end to a game?  He shouldn't try to encourage them?  He shouldn't make a realistic assessment of his team's chances of victory, and be happy when they equal or surpass that, and not be embarrassed to be seen to support and encourage them?

I'd have said that's exactly what I expect our players to be doing.  It's called team spirit.

• Like 2

Also, I'm starting to hate the 'how shit must you be, we're winning away' chant.

We never go on to win after singing it. It's getting to be moronic.

I dont think we dont win because of a chant we dont win because we are a very very very bad team. Just like Christian Benteke doesnt score goals because fans chant his name he scores because hes  good footabeller and gets in good position. Blaming chants on match results is shocking.

Really angry by the way Lambert is treating Ireland also, if he's crap sell or loan him don't humiliate him further and knock more off his transfer value!

There's no-one moronic enough to want him. If 'Arry doesn't throw money at him, who would?

Did he really say that? I'm **** done.

Fair enough. Goodbye. (Although we know you can't stay away ;) )

Edited by keefa3011

Talking about clean sheets, I was surprised to find out that Everton, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton, Reading and Wigan have kept less clean sheets than us this season.

Everton have lost 1 home game all season and have one of the best home records yet everyone is moaning about a point, if you looked at our fixtures before today and you would of not had Everton down as a game we could get anything from.

• Like 1

Before the game I would of taken a point, but yet again conceding another late goal and from a **** corner has made me more depressed and thinking we are going down. Will update after watching the highlights tonight on MOTD 

I understand the pain and frustration. More than that, I feel it.

However, there is no real value in slagging off yet again. We went to a top 4 chasing side who had to dig incredibly deep to snatch a late point. Apparently Guzan saved a potential winner after that too. Majority on here predicted we would get thumped.

It's a tiny step forward and from now on that's the way it will be if we are to beat the drop. There won't be a fantastic run of 3 point games. We are in a scrap and actually fought for a change. Every tiny positive counts.

If you don't accept this, then look at Wigan's uncanny ability, shown again today, to come back and grab something from a game that seemed long gone. That's the way we have to be between now and May. If we are not then hello Championship.

Talking about clean sheets, I was surprised to find out that Everton, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton, Reading and Wigan have kept less clean sheets than us this season.

Everton have lost 1 home game all season and have one of the best home records yet everyone is moaning about a point, if you looked at our fixtures before today and you would of not had Everton down as a game we could get anything from.

Good points.  If you look at Everton's results this season, here, you will see that we put more goals past them than any other team has done.

Anyway, enough of that.  It's out of keeping with the general mood.  Back to more posts about "mumbling", "we go again", "why can't we defend corners", "we're relegated already".

• Like 1

I understand the pain and frustration. More than that, I feel it.

However, there is no real value in slagging off yet again. We went to a top 4 chasing side who had to dig incredibly deep to snatch a late point. Apparently Guzan saved a potential winner after that too. Majority on here predicted we would get thumped.

It's a tiny step forward and from now on that's the way it will be if we are to beat the drop. There won't be a fantastic run of 3 point games. We are in a scrap and actually fought for a change. Every tiny positive counts.

If you don't accept this, then look at Wigan's uncanny ability, shown again today, to come back and grab something from a game that seemed long gone. That's the way we have to be between now and May. If we are not then hello Championship.

Just watched the match...there's really no way to sugarcoat that. It's 2 points dropped. We had the game well in hand, and we blew it, yet again. On a corner, yet again. In stoppage time, yet again. 

I'm surprised we didn't complete the collapse and lose it at the very end there.

Sick to my stomach, this is like psychological warfare, and I'm losing the battle.

Jesus this is a hard season for us villa fans, nice ot have a point, especially against Everton away who are probably the best team I have seen at Villa park this season. Baker for Clark and a win at home and I think we can build on this point, we are crying out for a clean sheet, after that we do stand a chance........UTV

KEA should have been a figure skater, that's how little he brings to the team. Sylla is very raw, he's not going to do much for us, I don't think.

Guzan is a warrior, Benteke a beast, but the rest of them cannot be 100% counted on. Vlaar was at fault for the tying goal. 

Teams will have a look at how Anichebe made Clark look like a schoolboy, and attempt to replicate that.

• Like 1

Â