Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Not sure why by Sylla comes across the type of player where if you ask him to play LB or RB in a game he'll do so without any questions asked, some players would kick up a fuss.

Lambert's quotes of "whenever i've asked him to perform he has done it" suggests to me he can be relied on to do a certain job on the field and probably has done already.

I like him, even as a squad player he offers more than ireland etc, good signing.

Love this guy to pieces. We talked about improving our midfield in the summer but who the hell do we drop!?

Exactly this! Looks like a cracking prospect. Our midfield three have really begun to impress and it would be difficult to drop any of them. However I do feel we need a goal scorer from midfield - perhaps Delph could step up...

This guy is a terrible player.

Really?

Well maybe a bit harsh but a poor/limited player.

Basically your standard French/African defensive midfielder who has no technical ability only athletic ability.

Really?

Basically your standard French/African defensive midfielder who has no technical ability only athletic ability.

Hmm little bit harsh. Seen a lot more to him than energy. He is tidy and keeps possession and puts a tackle in.

Sylla is the poor man's NRC who is actually better than NRC.

I like him, will be a pretty handy player. I would like to see an experienced mid come in but I'm at a loss to who I would drop as all three look good in the current formation.

In my opinion Sylla is a good young player, he is strong, has a bit of pace about him and isn't afraid of putting in a tackle. However he isn't the most technically gifted and needs to work on his crossing a bit... Good player for a good price.

Sylla is fast becoming one of my favourites. No coincidence our form has taken an upturn with him in midfield and not Holman/Bannan

Edited by theunderstudy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yacouba_Sylla

Aston Villa [edit]

On 31 January 2013, Aston Villa completed the signing of Sylla on a three-and-a-half year deal, subject to international clearance, after passing a medical.[7] He was given the number 18 shirt, last worn by the cult hero and England Legend Emile Heskey.

:blink:

I think it's quite amazing that Sylla has adapted as well as he has in such a short time, considering where he came from and when he came. And by where I mean french ligue 2 which is a far worse league than the PL.

Really?

So what you're saying is you couldn't spot a good footballer if one slapped you in the face.

Really?

Better living through categories.

Â