Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The minute we improved was half time against Newcastle at home, when Lambert stopped dicking around with formations and started playing a simple 4-2-3-1/-4-3-3. From that moment on we looked better at the back and more fluid going forward. It's weird though, in pre-season and early on in the season we played 4-5-1. Then for whatever reason Lambert started playing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 which completely failed, then went to 3 at the back which failed, then saw sense and reverted back to 4-5-1. I think our formation will remain as 4-5-1/4-3-3 now. We definitely look our best playing it, even under MON I thought we looked at our best with that formation. It suits counter attacking teams. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

FFS, I just do not think we have improved much......and the proof of which one of us is right will be next season.

Aww, don't be angry. It's you that cited THIS season when making your point. It was then pointed out that this season we improved so you have now moved it to NEXT season. Well played though!

FFS, I just do not think we have improved much......and the proof of which one of us is right will be next season.

Aww, don't be angry. It's you that cited THIS season when making your point. It was then pointed out that this season we improved so you have now moved it to NEXT season. Well played though!

I am not angry,and like I said only time will tell.

I have been a Villa supporter for over 30 years and I really,really,REALLY hope I am wrong...but I just can not shake the feeling that I am right.

I have been a Villa supporter for over 30 years and I really,really,REALLY hope I am wrong...but I just can not shake the feeling that I am right.

You know your argument is weak when you pull the 'I'VE BEEN A FAN FOR YEARS' card.

You've been proved wrong considering your initial point. You've omitted important information then when you're questioned, pull up nonsense. Just give up.

Unfortunately we won't know for at least a year until we are able to play Wigan again. :)

• Like 3

What are you talking about ?!

Last season we only just escaped relegation under the leadership of what could  jokingly be called a manager.

This  "     "     "     "      "     "       "      "       "      "     " Lambert.

Yes there is improvement.............but not much ?!   

Last season we only just escaped relegation under the leadership of what could  jokingly be called a manager.

This  "     "     "     "      "     "       "      "       "      "     " Lambert.

You obviously don't watch the games (evidenced by the lack of any sort of knowledge of the fixture list for one ;) ), because there has been huge improvements.

What am I talking about? It was a joke based on the daft logic you've previously posted, I'm simply repeating your logic back to you in a joke.

If you think the logic of my previous post is wrong then have a word with yourself it is your logic.

Think the mods are correctly debating with those that have decided to do the typical, typical Villa fan approach to everything and MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN. We're in a better position now with Lambert after this season than both of the disasters previously. This is something called a 'positive', and considering we've been starved of them, enjoy them. I am absolutley sick of the same fans, the same arguments and the pointless circles that happen here, and the moaning is even worse now that we've finished safe and may even hang on to our good players.

• Like 2

You obviously don't watch the games (evidenced by the lack of any sort of knowledge of the fixture list for one ;) ), because there has been huge improvements.

Don't agree. Playing Emile Heskey and Alan Hutton on the wings was far more exciting than the tripe and "wins" we've had this season.

We beat Liverpool away in December but lost to them at home in March therefore I have concluded that we have declined rapidly since December. I have been a Villa fan all my life my word is infallible.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

Last season we started allright and then got shitter and shitter and shitter

This season we experimented loads and had the worst start ever and after being mauled in december we got better and better and better

the getting better bit is called improvement. the fact that we were 3rd in the form table coming in to the chelsea game means it's a significant improvement.

hope that helps.

Don't agree. Playing Emile Heskey and Alan Hutton on the wings was far more exciting than the tripe and "wins" we've had this season.

true! bring back some old shit experienced pros! bring back playing 7 defenders! stop this 4 attackers bollocks!

true! bring back some old shit experienced pros! bring back playing 7 defenders! stop this 4 attackers bollocks!

Ironically, it is perhaps one of the saddest indictments on Alex McLeish's ability as a manager that his team selections weren't that defensive. The personnel tended to be OK relative to what was available. It was the utterly abysmal instructions they were sent out there with that was the problem.

Ironically, it is perhaps one of the saddest indictments on Alex McLeish's ability as a manager that his team selections weren't that defensive. The personnel tended to be OK relative to what was available. It was the utterly abysmal instructions they were sent out there with that was the problem.

i'm pretty sure we went out with a back 4, and three defenders in midfield in one game, clark, warnock and hutton.