Paul Lambert

Pilchard

It's funny how over TIME things have got better, that giving a manager TIME seems to have improved the team. As the players have worked over a longer period of TIME with the manager his methods have come to fruition.

Giving a manager TIME means that its not always going to be rosey.

There has been an improvement and shock horror it's not come overnight.

• Like 3

Morpheus by the way i suggest you look up the meaning of "abject failure"

Don't know why you're feeding the trolls Mike. 

I love how not being happy with one of the worst seasons we've had as a club means you're a troll.

Haha

That's the kind of stupid logic I see in most of the arguments from people who accuse others of being trolls.

It's funny how over TIME things have got better, that giving a manager TIME seems to have improved the team. As the players have worked over a longer period of TIME with the manager his methods have come to fruition.

Funny how picking the right formation made such a huge difference.

Shame our manager needed so much TIME to figure this out. Maybe if he hadn't wasted TIME playing a diamond formation, then more TIME with 3 CB's we might all be having a better TIME as fans not worrying about relegation for the 3rd TIME in a row.

Edited by Big_John_10

I love how not being happy with one of the worst seasons we've had as a club means you're a troll.

How did you think we'd  fare at the start of the season? Did you think we'd be comfortably safe, or were you complaining that we weren't good enough and would be in a relegation battle? Because if it's the latter, then I'm not fully sure why you're so upset that that's how it panned out

After the summer transfers I expected to be in a relegation battle.

Never thought it would be as bad as it has.

It's improved recently but still this season has seen some new lows and I didn't believe Lambert would make so many bad decisions.

Shame our manager needed so much TIME to figure this out. Maybe if he hadn't wasted TIME playing a diamond formation, then more TIME with 3 CB's we might all be having a better TIME as fans not worrying about relegation for the 3rd TIME in a row.

Damn managers trying to develop progressive and new ways of playing Football. You cant blame him from trying to develop a new system which works for our team. He soon dropped 4-4-2 Diamond and only experimented with 3 at the back when we had a few injuries (Gabby being one of them ? ) also during that period of 3 at the back we did beat Liverpool (Did we ?)

Like I said he has made mistakes but I feel your being slightly over critical of him and a little short sighted in regards the kind of philosophy he is installing at the club. One which is the foundation for success... to play good football. We need more quality undoubtedly but it takes time for things to work but you can see how he is trying to make us play cant you ?

Edited by SuperJonno

Injuries. It's not as simple as you always make out. You literally discount so many things and repeat the same small minded nonsense over and over. Go support bluescum where you belong. 

Edited by praisedmambo

Even though this season has been stressful, horrifying and woeful at times, I'll fondly look at it as **** entertaining. Personally, I've had my first season ticket, seen us in a cup semi final, my first away game, some absolutely great performances, some absolutely shit ones, some great football, some woeful football and even if we go down, you can't call us boring.

Up the **** Villa.

• Like 1

It's improved recently but still this season has seen some new lows and I didn't believe Lambert would make so many bad decisions.

So you expected us to be shit, and we  were shit, but because we were VERY shit for a time, you take extra offence, rather than considering that we were extra shit and then started on the gradual road to improvement? You've been crowing that we were as good as down for a while now, yet you're saying now that if we stay up you'll still consider it an awful season. None of that makes any sense. If you looked at us and thought relegation battle in the summer, and we had a relegation battle, then we were in line with your expectations. For as shit as you say we were, we did pretty much what you expected, did we not? Where therefore are you complaining so much? If anything we'll surpass your pre-season expectations, despite having a woeful run in the middle

If we hadn't been in a relegation battle then the manager would've vastly exceeded your expectations. You expected what you got though - yet you're STILL complaining that we had another relegation battle

Injuries. It's not as simple as you always make out. You literally discount so many things and repeat the same small minded nonsense over and over. Go support bluescum where you belong. 

The injuries we had this year have been nothing compared to the crisis we had at times in our last season AND in the one before that.

Did either Houllier or McLeish get any reprieve from the fans because of that? Nope.

As such, I see no reason why it is a valid excuse for Lambert's results. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game for every manager - and Lambert has had it pretty easy in comparison to his predecessors.

• Like 1

As such, I see no reason why it is a valid excuse for Lambert's results. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game for every manager - and Lambert has had it pretty easy in comparison to his predecessors.

There's no excuse beyond the fact that  he was coming in as the 5th man in charge in a few years, dealing with a frankenstein of a squad built up by other managers, with a massive wage bill he needed to get under control. That's all behind the scenes stuff, on the pitch we started off very poorly, but we're improving. Why hold the first 5 months  over his   head now when it very much appears that the  corner has been turned. As I said earlier in this thread, if, come December, we're back the way we were previously and the improvement looks to have been temporary, then I believe it's time to start considering that he's not the right man. 

If that doesn't happen and things continue to improve, then why the **** does it matter that he started slowly at the  end of the  day - assuming we don't pay for that with our premiership status?

I think Lambo will continue to go thrift shopping. PL players are over priced since we all see them and it'll be easier to slide a relative newcomer to the league next year since this team will be a bit more experienced

Holy crap, the moment I saw this, I had a vision in my head of the Thrift Shop song, but with Lambert as Macklemore and Benteke as the big black dude with the peach suit  :o

In the summer Lambert must do something about Vlaar, Clark and Baker. They are all accidents waiting to happen, I wouldnt mind Robert Huth from Stoke after they get relegated

This got me excited for the ridiculous summer transfers thread to come.

"I have heard of that guy. He must be good."

"Never heard of him. He must be shit."

Cannot wait.

• Like 2

There's no excuse beyond the fact that  he was coming in as the 5th man in charge in a few years, dealing with a frankenstein of a squad built up by other managers, with a massive wage bill he needed to get under control. That's all behind the scenes stuff, on the pitch we started off very poorly, but we're improving. Why hold the first 5 months  over his   head now when it very much appears that the  corner has been turned. As I said earlier in this thread, if, come December, we're back the way we were previously and the improvement looks to have been temporary, then I believe it's time to start considering that he's not the right man. 

If that doesn't happen and things continue to improve, then why the **** does it matter that he started slowly at the  end of the  day - assuming we don't pay for that with our premiership status?

I don't remember saying any of that.

I do remember stating that injuries are NOT an excuse for Lambert's performance.

As for the rest of your excuses, they are just that: Excuses. Every other manager has to handle the squad they inherited and they are judged on their ability to get the most out of the team. I don't see why Lambert should be treated differently.

I like Lambert and want to see him stay on - I just wont make excuses for his performance and will be critical of the mistakes he has made.

• Like 1

Haha

You going to wow us with your excellent logic again?

So you expected us to be shit, and we  were shit, but because we were VERY shit for a time, you take extra offence, rather than considering that we were extra shit and then started on the gradual road to improvement? You've been crowing that we were as good as down for a while now, yet you're saying now that if we stay up you'll still consider it an awful season. None of that makes any sense. If you looked at us and thought relegation battle in the summer, and we had a relegation battle, then we were in line with your expectations. For as shit as you say we were, we did pretty much what you expected, did we not? Where therefore are you complaining so much? If anything we'll surpass your pre-season expectations, despite having a woeful run in the middle

I didn't expect the worst start in our premiership history.

I didn't expect the most goals conceded in premiership history.

I didn't expect a 3 game period of losing 15-0

I didn't expect to be completely out played by Bradford City.

While I expected a battle I also didn't expect decisions from the manager to hold us back as much as they have done. Of course now his decisons are helping us he deserves credit for that and I'm happy to give it to him.

If we stay up it has been an awful season because of the lows. Under Houllier it was a relegation battle but we didn't have some of the lows we've seen this year. Under Mcleish it was a relegation battle but we didn't see some of the lows we've seen this year.

Just because I expected a relegation battle doesn't mean this season has been acceptable or something for me to praise.

If he keeps us up I've said I hope he becomes the manager i was expecting because I was truly very happy when we got him.

I didn't expect the worst start in our premiership history.

I didn't expect the most goals conceded in premiership history.

I didn't expect a 3 game period of losing 15-0

I didn't expect to be completely out played by Bradford City.

While I expected a battle I also didn't expect decisions from the manager to hold us back as much as they have done. Of course now his decisons are helping us he deserves credit for that and I'm happy to give it to him.

If we stay up it has been an awful season because of the lows. Under Houllier it was a relegation battle but we didn't have some of the lows we've seen this year. Under Mcleish it was a relegation battle but we didn't see some of the lows we've seen this year.

Just because I expected a relegation battle doesn't mean this season has been acceptable or something for me to praise.

If he keeps us up I've said I hope he becomes the manager i was expecting because I was truly very happy when we got him.

Same old, same old - this is your thing is it BJ? constant negativity. I notice that you even found a negative spin to put on the brilliant NextGen victory. lol

We've turned a corner and have been producing some exciting stuff the last few games. PL's signings (including the much maligned Joe Bennett) are starting to come together and we are looking a really decent side. A couple more results and we can relax and look forward to a much more positive next season

I'm really looking forward to who we will bring in during the summer - hopefully a few more in the same mould as Benteke, Westwood, Lowton etc

It's taken a little longer than most of us thought but we are really seeing progress now. We are building a team who are exciting to watch

Give the negativity a rest for a while