Paul Lambert

Pilchard

It's all bollocks from Lambert. We have one good half in us at best, where we more often than not fail to make our chances pay. Then for the other 45 minutes we are a complete shambles. None of this if we play like we did in the first or second half we will be safe bollocks as we are pretty much guaranteed to have a poor 45 minutes every game, and unlike our performances teams generally make us pay for it.

Lambert has to go.

The manager has made mistakes no question. The reason we are in the shit is not because of the last six months though. He is still a good manager, IMO

Really a good manager no chance he taking this club in one place championship.

The manager has made mistakes no question. The reason we are in the shit is not because of the last six months though. He is still a good manager, IMO

I would have been interested to see how his Norwich team would have done under him this season. I think we signed Owen Coyle mkII if i'm being honest.

The 5 stayed back and the few times the FB tried to get forward they were up against 2 players.Meanwhile Westwood and Bannan were left in the middle chasing shadows.Meanwhile the front free we basically left there to work their way to goal themselves.It was a shambles.

The second half it was 4-4-2 Brian Little commented that now things were simply the players knew what they were doing.

Yes.  I suppose a 5-3-2 can work and be flexible, if the players have confidence and will change the formation as the situation requires.  But we're not at that level, at present.

I'm probably one of the only one's on here to defend Lambert to the hilt, and I will continue doing so.

His starting XI infuriated me tonight. You cannot leave both Agbonlahor and Weimann on the bench and play a 3-5-2. Hopefully this will be the last we see of this formation.

Do I think we will get relegated? Probably. But Its more Lerners fault than Lambert. Do you think Redknapp/Pardew/Adkins are better managers than Lambert? I dont, but theyve been allowed a huge portion of money to bring in players on higher wages. Lamberts task has almost been made impossible by the chairman and if he's sacked, his replacement will be in for the same problems.

The club is rotten at the core, Lambert is just the fall guy. This is pretty much backed up by that utterly ridiculous, incompetent statement made by the 'chairman' the other day. 

Lerner's thrown in the towel. Lets face up to it.

• Like 1

To be fair i think Pardew got it spot on as well in regards to subs in the 2nd half

I was surprised when he took Perch off and replaced him with Ameobi

But then i realised he knew what was coming an aerial bombardment and he would need big players on the pitch all the muscle and height he could muster

Edited by AshVilla

I'm probably one of the only one's on here to defend Lambert to the hilt, and I will continue doing so.

His starting XI infuriated me tonight. You cannot leave both Agbonlahor and Weimann on the bench and play a 3-5-2. Hopefully this will be the last we see of this formation.

Do I think we will get relegated? Probably. But Its more Lerners fault than Lambert. Do you think Redknapp/Pardew/Adkins are better managers than Lambert? I dont, but theyve been allowed a huge portion of money to bring in players on higher wages. Lamberts task has almost been made impossible by the chairman and if he's sacked, his replacement will be in for the same problems.

The club is rotten at the core, Lambert is just the fall guy. This is pretty much backed up by that utterly ridiculous, incompetent statement made by the 'chairman' the other day. 

Lerner's thrown in the towel. Lets face up to it.

absolutely. I am reminded of the words of graham Taylor the last time we were relegated "this club is a mess"

Right, just got back. Absolutely sick of Lamberts tactics. I'm sure it's been mentioned on all the previous pages but I cant be bothered to read. But why we keep persisting with 3 at the back is beyond me. It was obvious within 10minutes of that match that it wasn't working. The amount of space Newcastle had down the wings was unforgivable. They were just strolling. How can a Premier League manager not see that? How can he be that stupid? We're absolutely terrible when we play with no width and Bennet and Lowton just arent full backs. It's never going to work. I rate Lowton but you could tell he really isn't comfortable playing in the wing back role. Just play 4-2-3-1. It's our best system and we need width. 

Oh, and Darren fecking Bent is useless. Sell him, to anyone. He's shite. 

What has he done at Villa to show that he's a good manager?

mantis, n you don't believe he is a good manager, whatever I say I will not change your mind on that. I think he is a good manager and whatever you say you won't change my mind on that.

What will be will be chap

mantis, n you don't believe he is a good manager, whatever I say I will not change your mind on that. I think he is a good manager and whatever you say you won't change my mind on that.

What will be will be chap

I'm fine with opinions but you keep on defending him (despite the fact that we're far worse than we ever were under McLeish and Houllier, who you were both scathing of) but you're not even giving reasons. I know you met the man and he obviously impressed you but maybe it's time to start thinking that maybe he's just not that good?

Edited by Mantis

I really do not know how he did anything at Norwich. There's no way i'm saying that squad isn't good enough to stay up, or to win games. It's tactics which has let us down. That's Lambert. The guy is a complete joke, I genuinely think your average fan could have that team playing better. I don't think it could actually get any worse. We were playing better at the start of the season, you'd think we'd get better over time but it's just a shambles. 

He's worse than McLeish. I never thought i'd say that, but he is. That deeply saddens me. We're ****. 

I really do not know how he did anything at Norwich. There's no way i'm saying that squad isn't good enough to stay up, or to win games. It's tactics which has let us down. That's Lambert. The guy is a complete joke, I genuinely think your average fan could have that team playing better. I don't think it could actually get any worse. We were playing better at the start of the season, you'd think we'd get better over time but it's just a shambles. 

He's worse than McLeish. I never thought i'd say that, but he is. That deeply saddens me. We're ****. 

I'll tell you how he did it - less pressure. He didn't have the spotlight on him there like he has it on him here. The job is simply too big for him.

Luck probably played a big part as well.