Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Sorry if the fact that I copied and pasted a term you're not familiar with...

'Transfer balance sheet'?

It was a term that seemed not to make any sense and it was presenting figures in a way that didn't seem to make any sensible point either (just like this 'net spend' thing that is constantly referred to) especially when you're then talking in terms of what the actual accounts may say.

I'm interested though, because if you're going to point out I'm wrong and that we're in great financial shape, with a huge transfer kitty at our disposal and no need for help from Lerner RIGHT NOW believe me I'm all ears coz we're all looking for something good to cling onto at the moment.

Where did I say this?

Edited by snowychap

I'd rather go down and rebuild then have that man anywhere near Villa Park. That would be one thing which would stop me going. 

We need a manager who takes no nonsense and can get the best out of mediocre players.

Pulis ticks both boxes.

Talking to a Millwall friend, he confirmed villa are by far the worst team he's seen at the den in two years.

Anyone not worried about Lambert and this team is demented.

Also, let's not forget that Benteke and Gabby were not playing. Benteke is the only player who can do something. We're shit with him in the squad, we're truly shit without him. It comes to no surprise to anyone that we were rubbish. 

We need a manager who takes no nonsense and can get the best out of mediocre players.

Pulis ticks both boxes.

The only boxes that Pulis should be ticking are the ones on the benefit application form down at the DWP!

Pulis ticks both boxes.

Pulis ticks no boxes for me. He's truly awful. If every team in the Premier League played like Stoke the whole division would be awful. No thank you. I don't think we're a million miles away from having a good team, we just need extra players in crucial areas. We have nothing between the lines, it's so obvious. 

Tactically Pulis is a lot better than Lambert but his football is dreadful. Big no from me.

Tactically better? Yes

Do his teams show more fight? Yes

Do opposing teams hate going to Stoke? Yes

Obviously I'd love Guardiola to come here and make us play like Barcelona but that isn't gonna happen. We need to be realistic.

With the players we have, we need a Pulis.

Pretty much this.

Lambert, like so many others before him and undoubtedly so many others to come, took a nobody country bumpkin club all the way to the promised land of the Premiership and managed to keep them there beyond one season (apparently the default mark of success).

Based on this the media and football pundits have a w**k fest over him and then some gullible Chairman/Owner thinks to himself "Hey, we could get ourselves the next Alex Ferguson here if we're quick" and before you can blink the next best thing since sliced bread is installed as the new manager to a fanfare of euphoria by success starved fans and media and his name is chanted at every game as if he were Jesus Christ.

Then, several months down the line, the reality kicks in and all of a sudden everybody that was blinded by the appointment suddenly rubs their eyes and realises that once again they have been hoodwinked and led down the garden path and they are in the same, if not a worse, mess than they were in before. Fans start calling for the managers head and want someone else installed to avert the perceived disaster about to befall their team.

The Chairman/Owner also realises the complete **** up he has made (again) but can't possibly come out in public and admit it as he considers himself to be superior to all the fans and therefore admitting failure would mean him losing face and he isn't going to do that. He carries on until it reaches the point where the fans turn their anger and blame towards the Chairman/Owner and then, in order to deflect the shit storm directed at him, he appeases the fans by sacking the manager.

Then, except for the astute few clubs, the whole cycle starts again and so we go on living our football supporting equivalent of 'Groundhog Day.

Your bitterness leaves a nasty taste.

All you guys do sound like you think the mess started this season, which is foolish. He'll get time and only then will anyone be able to say what's right or not. 

Your bitterness leaves a nasty taste.

All you guys do sound like you think the mess started this season, which is foolish. He'll get time and only then will anyone be able to say what's right or not. 

Bitterness! Would you like me to run around wagging my tail, baking a cake and leaping with joy?

In addition, where in my post do I allude to the situation starting this season?

I suggest you learn to read properly.

Hold on, if Norwich finished above Stoke last season does that make Pulis a better manager than Lambert? Doesn't that make Lambert a better manager than Pulis? Or is it even fair to make these assumptions? Am I thinking too hard about this? - I mean a lot of people here seem to like only the most basic superficial contexless stats to form their fool hysterical opinions. 

2011/2012

Norwich, who two seasons before were in league 1, finished 12th, with 52 goals and 66 goals conceded, giving a goal difference of -14

Stoke, who have been in the prem since 2009 finished 14th, with 36 goals and 53 goals conceded, giving a goal difference of -17

**** sake people. I'm just making a point you can twist stats to mean anything. (And you're all fools)

Edited by praisedmambo

Tactically better? Yes

Do his teams show more fight? Yes

Do opposing teams hate going to Stoke? Yes

Obviously I'd love Guardiola to come here and make us play like Barcelona but that isn't gonna happen. We need to be realistic.

With the players we have, we need a Pulis.

With the players we have we don't need Pulis, Stoke have a team of giants that are solid at defending.... we have a team of dwarfs that can't defend to save their lives.

I don't see the point in getting rid of Lambert, would just be another unneccesary bill and we would still have the same team for the rest of the season and still go down.

With the players we have we don't need Pulis, Stoke have a team of giants that are solid at defending.... we have a team of dwarfs that can't defend to save their lives.

I don't see the point in getting rid of Lambert, would just be another unneccesary bill and we would still have the same team for the rest of the season and still go down.

A new manager could change our fortunes.

Let's not just assume all managers have no tactical nous or man management skills on the basis of Mr Lambert.

Bitterness! Would you like me to run around wagging my tail, baking a cake and leaping with joy?

In addition, where in my post do I allude to the situation starting this season?

I suggest you learn to read properly.

<_< maybe you could just be rational? Instead of being a moany...er...so and so. 

Edited by praisedmambo

A new manager could change our fortunes.

Let's not just assume all managers have no tactical nous or man management skills on the basis of Mr Lambert.

I don't believe it would, Lerner won't sack him anyway so anyone that wants him out aren't going to get their way.

I can't believe people think the answer is always sack sack sack. It goes wrong more times than it goes right. Sometimes, if the club is in decline anyway the only option is to frikking stick it out and get a bit of stability back. There's not many with better credentials than Lambert, and if there are seems they are already at clubs higher than us in the table. Nobody is going to come in and save our season. The only thing to do is get behind this team and hope they show some form that has been apparent at certain times in the season. Lambert's teams traditionally end the season well.