Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I feel sorry for those who were waiting for him not to do the press conference. I really really feel for them.

i dont.  I have no sympathy for those LOOKING for an excuse to have a go as it really chaps my ass

i dont.  I have no sympathy for those LOOKING for an excuse to have a go as it really chaps my ass

You may have missed my sarcasm :P They can go and rot.

There may also have been a little bit on arrogance against Bradford.

It's a League Two side - stick on an extra-striker, hoof the ball in, they won't clear all of them and there will be lots of chances from the second phase.

Win the game, Bannan is rested for Millwall, looks like a genius.

Actually Bradford must have dealt with those dive-bomb well because I don't remember one good chance second half, other than the late Weimann goal from Given's kick out.

We also don't know what his instructions were.

If he told Weimann to go on and play on the wing, but he kept playing central then it's not (as much) his fault. Just an example.

But yes, it was a strange call and quite short sighted imo.

Anyone notice when Weimann smashed the corner flag to bits for no reason? I think he wanted to start. Best Villa moment of the match.

I'm surprised no one haven't mentioned the lack of the workrate in our players, in the fall against Newcastle and Swansea for example the players pressed on the opponents, hassled them and didn't give them time to control the game and kept the ball but it has completely vanished from our game.

It's probably at least partly because of the mentality of our players but even Holman who'd been praised for his workrate and the amount he has run looked lazy as hell against WBA and didn't inject any of the things he's known for. Lack of motivation from Lambert?

It's amazing how confidence and energy/focus are closely related in sport.

Low confidence = low energy, it's straightforward. 

I think you could measure a distinct fall off in workrate since the Chelsea disaster.

In some games, e.g., West Brom, it picked up again while we were doing well but dropped significnatly in the second half when we were pinned back.

NZog was, is and will be a winger. Same as Ashley Young and every try to convert them into AMC will fail (Nzog played good recently but he should be better used as a winger or free role winger drifting from one side to the other). They are both not Xavi or Iniesta. NZog and Young are very similar, they have good technique and skills to go against opposition defenders (mostly lighter fullbacks) and good crossing but they are not able to thrive under pressure playing as AMC or MC (as they can not defend despite tries from Ashley to be a complete player - that is why he is in ManUre). A lot of games have proven it.

I don’t think in Newcastle colours or Villa colours, have I ever seen him play effectively as a winger; he may play on the left/right of the midfield, but thats not necessarily my description of a winger. He was bought as the replacement for Downing, and as a winger he just isn’t up to it, if we want a player on the touch line and making a pin point cross for Benteke to head in/take on the chest, etc.

i dont. I have no sympathy for those LOOKING for an excuse to have a go as it really chaps my ass

Oh Richard, I've seen you climb all over DOL, Houllier and AMc on this message board, but now it's a manager whose face finally fits, you don't like people looking for any excuse to have a go.

Hope it's not too painful for you on the 'other side'.

Oh Richard, I've seen you climb all over DOL, Houllier and AMc on this message board, but now it's a manager whose face finally fits, you don't like people looking for any excuse to have a go.

Hope it's not too painful for you on the 'other side'.

Not at all,  and I did climb over all of those as you have said.  I have also criticised Lambert this season for some of his decision making.

HOWEVER,  what I did not do with any of those is use anything to have a go.  I had a go aty things they had done or been responsible for.  Just having a go at Lambert because there was a rumour started by someone who may even have an axe to grind,  that he wasn't going to do a press conference,  well that's not on.  Unless of course you think that's ok?

I cannot believe even with our financial restraints there is no one in the whole of Europe we cant afford to sign. Seems to me a bit of Lambert stubborness!! He has already said he feels the team is stronge enough. Can someone help me out here???

I cannot believe even with our financial restraints there is no one in the whole of Europe we cant afford to sign. Seems to me a bit of Lambert stubborness!! He has already said he feels the team is stronge enough. Can someone help me out here???

How many players are there in professional football in Europe?

5000? 10000? 20000? 50000?

So you might have hundreds and hundreds of players that we could sign, but how many do we know enough about?

Its not excusing Lambert, the club, etc, but its not just clicking your fingers, particularly with the constraints we have been placed under

Dont' worry guys, I can talk some sense into Lambert.  After all, I did learn some Scotch during my formative years in the Moray Firth...

*ahem*

Dear Paul, och.

Don't, och.  Relegate, och.  Us...

...och.

To doubly motivate Lambert, I have couriered him a propitiatory hamper of traditional Scotch cuisine; Irn-Bru, cheap cocaine and salted shortbread.

Dont' worry guys, I can talk some sense into Lambert.  After all, I did learn some Scotch during my formative years in the Moray Firth...

*ahem*

Dear Paul, och.

Don't, och.  Relegate, och.  Us...

...och.

To doubly motivate Lambert, I have couriered him a propitiatory hamper of traditional Scotch cuisine; Irn-Bru, cheap cocaine and salted shortbread.

No haggis?!? You blew it!!!!

On that note ... Is it true that the haggis has 14 penises, 28 eyelids, 16 lips, 10 arseholes and instead of a skeleton is mostly just connective tissue? An amazing animal :)