Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I'm really not sure how people's minds work, so if we get rid of Lambert and appoint 'X', do we instantly become a good team?

That's the impression I'm getting.

No one said that at all. But retain him and we certainly do remain a poor side with little in the way of tactics, formation, motivation, ideas, defensive ability, desire to win etc, all things that managers have an influence over

I don't want to get rid of Lambert, I like his vision for the club and aspects of his transfer policy.

However, his comments really irk me and I can't accept some of the things he says. One of the most unbearable things is when says we've been playing well when we haven't.

His answers taken from a piece in the Mail really annoyed me:

"Q If Villa go down would it be a disaster?

Listen, you don’t want to go down by any stretch, no chance.

What you are asking me, a load of other managers are probably being
asked the same thing. There’s a right handful of teams in the same
situation.

We know we have to fight like hell to get out of this situation. You roll
up your sleeves and get on with it, or you just roll over – and we’re
not going to roll over."

Surely the correct answer is, YES it would be a disaster as we're a massive club who have been in the Prem for its duration. Instead he's comparing us to smaller clubs in a similar situation. I know this means little, but you have to make fans aware you know the size of the club.

As for not rolling over, that's EXACTLY what we've been doing!! Not buying muscle for centre mid really has not helped this. Before anyone says Lerner isn't backing him this month, he spent a lot of money in the summer, this should be enough to cover our problem areas. He hasn't addressed all of them however, and we're suffering now.

"Q Queens Park Rangers, Southampton and Newcastle are buying. Is it
frustrating because they are trying to spend their way out of trouble?

Yes they are, but I think that’s everybody else’s prerogative. I
don’t think I can ever worry about what other teams are doing. I can
understand teams doing it.

But if you don’t manage to stay in the league and you’ve spent loads
of money then what does that do to your club if it goes down?

Does that put the club’s future at risk? I don’t want to do that to this club, that’s for sure."

So rather than saying we have to do everything in our power to avoid the drop, he's saying IF we go down, we won't bankrupt ourselves. Well that's very reassuring...

If we stay up and Lambert can address 1 or 2 key positions in the summer, I do think we may have a bright future. Because of this and a lack of alternatives available, I probably wouldn't sack him.

IMO Lambert did mistake by publicly ousting Hutton and Warnock off from the first team, he basicly told other teams "They are rotten apples" which put them off from buying them even more.

I think it was pretty common knowledge about these players attitude problem. He gave them chances, he heard what they were like, and decided they weren’t up to the task.

Problem is look at who those clubs have brought ,EVEN if they went down I doubt they would lose much selling the players , why coz they have a **** PLAN

Us IF we go down only Benteke is going to give us a profit really from our purchases and I would say Weimann could command a nice fee.

I think it was pretty common knowledge about these players attitude problem. He gave them chances, he heard what they were like, and decided they weren’t up to the task.

Warnock probably but was it common knowledge that Hutton has attitude problem?

No one said that at all. But retain him and we certainly do remain a poor side with little in the way of tactics, formation, motivation, ideas, defensive ability, desire to win etc, all things that managers have an influence over

All things he has proven to achieve over may years with other clubs.

Time and continuity is needed.

Problem is look at who those clubs have brought ,EVEN if they went down I doubt they would lose much selling the players , why coz they have a **** PLAN

Us IF we go down only Benteke is going to give us a profit really from our purchases and I would say Weimann could command a nice fee.

If Newcastle go down who is going to offer Sisokko... and the others 75k a week? QPR have a whole load of unsellable players, not because their no good, they just have huge weekly wages that no one can or will match, as per Hutton and co for us.

The whole game has gone mad, someone is going to pay this season, 3 teams have to go down and as it looks now QPR are in the last chance saloon and Newcastle are raising the stakes to a whole new level, if they lose against us their whole club is at risk........Hopefully the press vultures will move on form us.

QPR are in big danger beacuse Remy alone wont save them.  Their wages to turnover ratio is ridic.  Newcastle have surely bought well enough to stave off relegation.  With Cabaye and Ben Arfa to come back they will have a very good team again.

WRT to PL I feel for him in some respects as I think he has been hung out to dry a bit by RL.  Also I think he could more.  I know we have some underperformers in the team but if he was as good as we think he is then he would've got more out of them than what he currently has. I am hoping that he actually does go back to basics from now on in. Lets concentrate on keeping it tight ala McLeish and I am sure Weimann and Benteke can score us a few goals .

I don't think it matters what Lambert has "proven" with other clubs. Right now at Villa he is proving himself to be incredibly tactically inept.

I agree, and seems like he can't motivate players or get them to listen his orders. IMO our best chance of turning around the results would be to replace him but I wonder if there's anyone who would take his job.

Said it before but Lambert's biggest failure has been inability to get Bent playing and scoring regularly. Of course, he may have been under instructions to freeze him out of the team and sell him on but so far that's not looking too promising either.

I don't think it matters what Lambert has "proven" with other clubs. Right now at Villa he is proving himself to be incredibly tactically inept.

I can see where you are coming from, sometimes my initial thoughts have been to scream at him what are you doing! but then I look at the squad he inherited, and the money he was given to improve that, and I dont think there is any room to be tactically brilliant with this group.

There are literally no options in midfield to switch it up, we have no real natural width to switch to. What is he suppossed to do really??

We can stay up if Delph and Westwood stays fit and doesn't get banned, we will soon have KEA back who at least brings more energy and physicality to the midfield than Bannan and who knows if Dunne + Vlaar duo will tighten up our defense enough?

If Newcastle go down who is going to offer Sisokko... and the others 75k a week? QPR have a whole load of unsellable players, not because their no good, they just have huge weekly wages that no one can or will match, as per Hutton and co for us.

The whole game has gone mad, someone is going to pay this season, 3 teams have to go down and as it looks now QPR are in the last chance saloon and Newcastle are raising the stakes to a whole new level, if they lose against us their whole club is at risk........Hopefully the press vultures will move on form us.

Villa is the only team in the delegation fight who have no delegation clauses for any of their players. This is common knowledge, there are no wage drops or release clauses for any of our players but other clubs have these in place.

Warnock probably but was it common knowledge that Hutton has attitude problem?

Warnock does not have an attitude problem. Infact Kevin Donald praised warnocks first class attitude when houllier put him in to the reserve team as soon as he walked through the door. The only person with an attitude problem at villa park is Lambert who is too stubborn to realise his rake of shit signing are not good enough for this club or the premier league.