Paul Lambert

Pilchard

He spoke to the press last night didn't he?

Yes he did. From the BBC on-line match coverage

1. 2228:

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "I know the game. You take it on the chin. I am the manager of the team it is my responsibility to pick them up and get them going."

2. 2227:

Loads of names of restaurants in Bradford flooding in to us on text and Twitter - I'll have to do a recce and try them all I think...

3. 2226:
    Aston Villa 2-1 Bradford (Agg 3-4)

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "We got the second goal but it was too little too late. It is no good doing that after the horse has bolted. You either lay down and accept it or come out fighting and you have to come out fighting. You will get criticism but you have to pick yourselves up and keep going.
    "Good luck to Bradford and congratulations for going through. It is a great achievement and anything can happen in the final."

4. 2225:
    GET INVOLVED

Aydin Saribal on Twitter: "But can Bradford do it on a warm, moonlit, Friday night in Barcelona."

5. 2223:

More from Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "The first half we played very well and got a good goal, but if we can't defend corners then that is not good enough. We are losing too many goals from set plays, you have to be able to defend a corner and that is the bottom line.
    "You are going to be hurting no doubt but you have to pick yourself up. You have to get going again. That is football for you."

6. 2221:

Very honest words from Paul Lambert, who looks gutted. More to come...

7. 2219:

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "That is the worst day of the season. We had two chances to do it and haven't done it.
    "We've lost four goals from set-pieces over two games which is not good enough.
    "I am embarrassed. We will never have a better chance to reach the final."

8. 2219:

Here comes Paul Lambert...

It just makes matters worse and fans feel worse if he doesnt attend the press conference. So when the reporters ask about tactics, transfers, players whats Ron Vlaar going to say? He is one of them after all? Doesnt make sense - where is Culverhouse or Karsa?

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick

Think captain @RonVlaar4 is scheduled to do tomorrow's pre match press conference duties rather than the manager #avfc

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick

Wouldn't read too much into Vlaar doing the presser. Probably because the manager doesn't particularly fancy facing questions right now...

Disgusted that he's sending out Vlaar to do his press conference. The bloke has lost the plot.

He's hiding. So now we have a chairman who is invisible, a 'chief executive' who is invisible and a manager who is hiding.

What's the Dutch for "We go on...."?

You lot are only going to moan when he answers those questions with his regular 'we have to keep going' comment, so what exactly is the problem? Not like you're going to hear anything different from Lambert.

Edited by Swerbs

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick

Think captain @RonVlaar4 is scheduled to do tomorrow's pre match press conference duties rather than the manager #avfc

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick

Wouldn't read too much into Vlaar doing the presser. Probably because the manager doesn't particularly fancy facing questions right now...

Probably because the manager doesn't particularly fancy facing questions right now

I couldn't care less whether he fancies it or not, it's surely part of his job?

Having said that, he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who wouldn't turn up just because he doesn't particularly fancy something.

You lot are only going to moan when he answers those questions with his regular 'we have to keep going' comment, so what exactly is the problem? Not like you're going to hear anything different from Lambert.

Even coming out with the same old "we go again" crap is better than not coming out at all.

Pathetic coward. **** off Lambert you word removed.