Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Today's game was "massive" too. However, it is another morale sapping 80th+ minute **** up leading to more dropped points.

I have no faith that we will pick up any points at home anymore.

More stellar logic on display there. We lose a point late in the game to get a draw in a tough away derby game and so we are never going to win at home again.

• Like 1

We didn't LOSE today. We've got to remember that.

I'd rather be the team that drops 2 points then the team that loses all 3.

Throwing away 3 points after being 2 - 0 up feels like a defeat

I cannot see where our next win is going to come from i really can't

More stellar logic on display there. We lose a point late in the game to get a draw in a tough away derby game and so we are never going to win at home again.

All I said was I have no faith that we will get anything from home games any more. VP used to be a place teams hated to come to. Not now. The way we play, especially at home, I always fear the worst at the moment. How did we get on against Southampton and Wigan at home?

My comments weren't specifically related to today's game. I appreciate your derogatory comments though.

It's tough dodging all the toys that are being thrown out of the pram.

Even tougher dodging the pearls of wisdom from would-be managerial geniuses whose main weapon is hindsight and Football Manager... whose TWO main weapons are: hindsight and Football Manager.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 1

I cannot see where our next win is going to come from i really can't

I'm confident we'll win Tuesday and win well. Full house at VP I can see us being well up for it. Follow that up with a win at Milwall and we can go into the game against Newcastle on a bit of a run.

I still think we are just 2 or 3 signings away from having a side to see us safe. It is so frustrating that we haven't made them.

Edited by markavfc40

So N'Zogbia wasnt injured when he took him off, so ive just read what lambert has said after the game....Talk about clueless management he was our best player and looked a threat when he had the ball

... and he replaced injured Delph with Bannan. I like Bannan but you should not replace a defensive midfielder with an offensive one if you have just conceded and want to hold on to a 1 goal advantage.

This is my 200th post: let it hereby be known that it contained the words Lambert Out.

I'm confident we'll win Tuesday and win well. Full house at VP I can see us being well up for it. Follow that up with a win at Milwall and we can go into the game against Newcastle on a bit of a run.

I still think we are just 2 or 3 signings away from having a side to see us safe. It is so frustrating that we haven't made them.

It's more frustrating that it doesn't look like we will either.

You think? Millwall yeah I can see us winning that but we're so shit at VP.

It's tough dodging all the toys that are being thrown out of the pram.

Easily said from afar. Being there and having the guts ripped out of you is soul destroying. It may seem like everyone is all dom and gloom but it's largely with good reason. Lately we've either taken a hammering or had a decent result snatched from our grasp late on. Either way you look at it, it's very hard to take!

Sorry if this has already been covered by why did he sub N'Zogbia? He was our most dangerous player. The only thing I can think of is he's saving him for the Bradford game. Even so poor decision. Prem league survival is more important than a cup imo

... and he replaced injured Delph with Bannan. I like Bannan but you should not replace a defensive midfielder with an offensive one if you have just conceded and want to hold on to a 1 goal advantage.

You constantly assume to know the mind of our manager and the instructions he gives his players. Why is that? Why do you think you have the inside track on what he asks of his players?

You keep banging on about he put Bannan on to play as a defensive midfielder but how do you know that? How do you know if wasn't an offensive substitution with Bannan told to drive the team forward only he is shit and not able to do it so he found himself way back in our own half. The answer is you don't know, you've not got a clue what instructions Lambert gave but you have launching into this 'defensive midfield' thing as a way of justifying another nothing Bannan performance.

Only the other day when Bannan came on you were raving on about how he won us the game, how he should have been on earlier. Was he brought on in a defensive role in that game or was it just a lower level of opposition more suited to his ability?

You say Lambert wanted to hold onto the 1 goal lead, perhaps he wanted to go for a 3rd only Bannan failed to create anything.

You think? Millwall yeah I can see us winning that but we're so shit at VP.

Two goals from two counter attacks. Soak up pressure and hit on break.

At Villa Park we have to seize the initiative, take the game to the opposition.

That requires a defensive midfielder to help control the game in the middle of the park.

We don't have one. Lambert didn't buy one.

Remember we played well against Man Utd at home and scored twice on two counter attacks! We played an away system at home.

You constantly assume to know the mind of our manager and the instructions he gives his players. Why is that? Why do you think you have the inside track on what he asks of his players?

I'm saying what I'd do in that situation. If the manager does different and it works, he gets the credit. If he doesn't, he gets stick. Perhaps Lambert brought on Bannan into Delph's position to help control possession.

That's not what we needed. West Brom had upped their tempo and we had to up ours. We needed to replace the defensive game we lost when Delph went off injured. Bringing Bannan on in his place didn't do that.

Tactical fail.

You keep banging on about he put Bannan on to play as a defensive midfielder but how do you know that? How do you know if wasn't an offensive substitution with Bannan told to drive the team forward only he is shit and not able to do it so he found himself way back in our own half. The answer is you don't know, you've not got a clue what instructions Lambert gave but you have launching into this 'defensive midfield' thing as a way of justifying another nothing Bannan performance.

West Brom were all over us from the start of the second half. That is why we conceded a goal.

We needed to solve the new problem West Brom had asked us, not act as though we were playing the West Brom team of the first half.

Only the other day when Bannan came on you were raving on about how he won us the game, how he should have been on earlier. Was he brought on in a defensive role in that game or was it just a lower level of opposition more suited to his ability?

Won the game? Last game he won was Liverpool. You mean the second half against Southampton, the game we lost. No, he wasn't brought on in a defensive position and the team as a whole were very aggressive and took the game to the opposition. This gave us free kicks, corners and positions from which Bannan could knock in a cross or two, which is what he is good at.

You say Lambert wanted to hold onto the 1 goal lead, perhaps he wanted to go for a 3rd only Bannan failed to create anything.

That's what I would have done. If Lambert had wanted to go for 1 - 3 - turning an enforced substitution into a tactical one - and succeeded he gets the praise. His tactics failed so he gets the shit.

Lambert is a poor manager for Villa.

He has evidenced this since his appointment by signing lower league players and throwing them in alongside academy players and hoping to do okay in the PL.

He has presided over our worst start to a PL season and the worst goal difference I can ever remember.

He has not shown, to any level of consistency, that he has the ability to succeed at VP.