Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert saw his midfield options in July and August when it was glaringly obvious we did not have the midfielders to compete in the league, he did nothing about it, Diame was free, there was other experienced players who werent demanding serious money on frees....he ignored them

Lambert saw his strike options and only brought in one player, he is a bad man manager - he has got nothing out of bent who has scored goals wherever he has been - not good enough

We have the most inexperienced full backs in the league - he relegated two not great, but experienced full backs to the reserves

He's done nothing to replace petrov....

This shows his poor judgement and lack of understanding of his players and the competition before the season even started....he doesnt know his best team and its christmas

Injuries are part and parcel of football.....BE PREPARED

current issues - he is completely tactically inept.

Edited by Gentingthereslowly
  • Like 4

Well he's admitted all this is his fault so that's a start. Now to see what he does in January.

Buy a couple of shite players from League One, if Randy gives him the couple of pennies to do so. May need to make the tea lady redundant to cover the wages though.

Hopefully Lerner and Lambert are still picking apart the shambles of the last 3 games. None of this "we'll be fine" bollocks. McLeish used to talk shit last season and I'm sure Lambert is not someone to do the same but at present he seems to just brush stuff under the carpet. Yes the team is young but the manager has already stipulated he wants a young, hungry team so he can't then use the fact that the team is young as an excuse for dire performances.

Sign better players. And the point about Bowery, **** knows why he was signed. He's no better than Delfouneso so no idea why we bothered to be honest.

Been reading plenty of the posts on here and can understand after yet another shocking display there is a fair amount of anger. But now isn't the time to even suggest a change of manager. It is time to look at the bigger picture.

Do people think for a second Lambert didn't want to sign better players in the summer or more of the?. The budgets he is having to work within are far less than the duds that he is following. Does anyone honestly think he doesn't feel some new faces in January are a must? Of course he does. And I'd be amazed if he isn't making that known to the powers that be on the back of today's display (I hear Randy is over this weekend so would imagine it is to discuss January transfers??)

The days of splashing big-money on expensive players are over. That isn't Lambert's fault. Maybe if McLeish hadn't blown as much money on players who haven't performed the owner might trust the current manager a bit more. But Lambert came in as part of a 3-4 year process. His first year was always going to be the toughest - to try and steady the ship ever so slightly but at the same time cut the wage bill. Some of the big earners aren't worth anywhere near the money they are paid. In time, he will get them out the door and when he does it will allow him more money to work with moving forward.

Lambert knows this team badly needs experience - doesn't help when the few experienced ones are actually injured. But he showed with Benteke he can sign top players without spending huge amounts of money so Randy has to back him. Lambert knows this team he has needs help badly and will struggle to avoid the drop.

But if he gets a few bodies in at the start of next month we could find ourselves reaching a Cup final and climbing the table.

Question for everyone......what would they term a success this season for Lambert. Cup final and mid-table? I'm sure he will deliver that!

Been reading plenty of the posts on here and can understand after yet another shocking display there is a fair amount of anger. But now isn't the time to even suggest a change of manager. It is time to look at the bigger picture.

Do people think for a second Lambert didn't want to sign better players in the summer or more of the?. The budgets he is having to work within are far less than the duds that he is following. Does anyone honestly think he doesn't feel some new faces in January are a must? Of course he does. And I'd be amazed if he isn't making that known to the powers that be on the back of today's display (I hear Randy is over this weekend so would imagine it is to discuss January transfers??)

The days of splashing big-money on expensive players are over. That isn't Lambert's fault. Maybe if McLeish hadn't blown as much money on players who haven't performed the owner might trust the current manager a bit more. But Lambert came in as part of a 3-4 year process. His first year was always going to be the toughest - to try and steady the ship ever so slightly but at the same time cut the wage bill. Some of the big earners aren't worth anywhere near the money they are paid. In time, he will get them out the door and when he does it will allow him more money to work with moving forward.

Lambert knows this team badly needs experience - doesn't help when the few experienced ones are actually injured. But he showed with Benteke he can sign top players without spending huge amounts of money so Randy has to back him. Lambert knows this team he has needs help badly and will struggle to avoid the drop.

But if he gets a few bodies in at the start of next month we could find ourselves reaching a Cup final and climbing the table.

Question for everyone......what would they term a success this season for Lambert. Cup final and mid-table? I'm sure he will deliver that!

good post I am unable to like but do anyway
  • Like 2

Big fan of Lambert, stick with him says I.

Really nervous side today.

Just need to calm it down and not get too panicky in possession, Wigan aren't good but they got more and more confident because we kept giving them the ball.

One thing Lambert really does need to do is give Benteke a rocket up his **** arse. At least these players who are clearly not quite up top 10 standard like Lichaj, Herd and Albrighton put it in and fight for the ball after they've lost it (again), Benteke's attitude won't help a struggling team when he throws his arms around every time he's offside again or someone doesn't give him the ball. Very good player, but needs that winding in nice and early.

Happily keeping the faith in Lambert, but not denying we look in a fair bit of trouble. Can see quite a few similarities with us and the Bolton side who went down.

Lambert knows this team badly needs experience - doesn't help when the few experienced ones are actually injured.

That I am afraid is simply not true on a number of levels. The only experienced players that are missing and that would be likely to start are Vlaar and Gabby. Bent was being frozen out way before he was injured and NZogbia has hardly featured when fit. Dunne he knew pre season was going to be out for a few months.

Even more worrying than the above though for me was the interview I heard on my way back from VP with Lambert by Pat Murphy on Radio 5. Pat as ever didn't mince his words and asked Lambert straight out did he believe that we were paying for having a lack of experience in the side and would he be looking to rectify this in January. Lambert to sum up pretty much said he didn't think lack of experience was an issue and that in January he would look to continue on the road of signing young inexperienced players.

I like Lambert but he has made a major **** up in not bringing in some players with a little bit of know how and nous at this level to play alongside the players with potential he has brought in and the young lads we already have at the club. These young lads lack leadership and guidance on the pitch. If as he seems to intend to he makes the same mistake in this window as he did in the last it will show he has learned **** all and at that point my faith in him will start to dwindle.

Edited by markavfc40

why what would you rather he say? " we are **** and going down" ?

No. But to acknowledge the situation that they are in, confess results haven't been as he'd wanted, perhaps explain why he thinks we are so shite and what he's going to do to mend it.

No say everything will be fine, close his eyes and play a crap formation which suits nobody in the team and continue into a big game as if the team hasn't lost two games shipping ridiculous numbers of goals.