Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We all knew it was going to take time.

We've got injuries to key experienced players. He is building a brand new squad with players that want to play and appreciate the position they're in.

I for one was fed up with a bunch of rocket polishers on £40+ a week not giving a toss for the most part.

How long have the baggies been shite but building now look, they're in the same spot we were a few years ago.

This is the start of a new era at villa and its going to take longer than half a season.

Hiring and firing managers doesn't work and you're a simpleton if you can't see that.

Lambert needs backing and time.

Edited by spiezels
  • Like 1

We all knew it was going to take time.

We've got injuries to key experienced players. He is building a brand new squad with players that want to play and appreciate the position they're in.

I for one was fed up with a bunch of rocket polishers on £40+ a week not giving a toss for the most part.

How long have the baggies been shite but building now look, they're in the same spot we were a few years ago.

This is the start of a new era at villa and its going to take longer than half a season.

Hiring and firing managers doesn't work and you're a simpleton if you can't see that.

So bored of these sorts of posts. We may as well close down VT for a few years.

There are about 3 fans on this site that don't want to give the manager time.

If we improve. If being the big word.

You may end up being right. We may get better and we may end up easily surviving. But right now at this moment that opinion is based on your optimistic faith about our current manager, its not based on any sort of facts or evidence.

As of right now we are in a poor league position, struggle to score goals and have a terrible goal difference. As of right now there are reasons to worry about our survival. Only someone blindly ignoring everything could possibly say there is no need to worry.

Your contributions to this put my point across better than I can so once again. Thanks.

"Actual facts and evidence" show that we're picking up more points on average than the teams below us. On that basis we will very most likely to be fine.

No need to thank me because I didn't prove your point but rather disproved it. You listing the facts that we have the worst goal difference and have scored the least amount of goals only furthered my point, as we are still 3 points clear despite these things. Thanks.

I think most would agree. However without significant backing in January then come the end of the season I doubt very much he will be getting time.

He needs to make 2 or 3 signings in January who can hit the ground running and make an instant impact. We no longer have the luxury of allowing players 10,12, 14....games to find their feet and settle in to this league/level. Players of the standard we desperately require who can make the kind of impact we need will usually cost both in fees and wages.

We have been poor but the positive is that we are still 3 points clear of the relegation zone. I am sure though those below especially Wigan and Southampton are also thinking they have been shite but are with in one win of safety.

Edited by markavfc40

"Actual facts and evidence" show that we're picking up more points on average than the teams below us. On that basis we will very most likely to be fine.

No need to thank me because I didn't prove your point but rather disproved it. You listing the facts that we have the worst goal difference and have scored the least amount of goals only furthered my point, as we are still 3 points clear despite these things. Thanks.

So according to this genius thinking of yours.

Every team at the moment have absolutely no need to worry about finishing lower than where they currently are. Wow just wow.

You're actually starting to embarrass yourself with this sort of drivel to blindly defend your stance.

Do you even read what you put down? It's ridiculous.

I think most would agree. However without significant backing in January then come the end of the season I doubt very much he will be getting time.

He needs to make 2 or 3 signings in January who can hit the ground running and make an instant impact. We no longer have the luxury of allowing players 10,12, 14....games to find their feet and settle in to this league/level. Players of the standard we desperately require who can make the kind of impact we need will usually cost both in fees and wages.

We have been poor but the positive is that we are still 3 points clear of the relegation zone. I am sure though those below especially Wigan and Southampton are also thinking they have been shite but are with in one win of safety.

i think I need a permanent quote button for your football related posts mark, much to agree with there

**** hell, Bent. Villatalk syndrome, the only place where players actually improve by not playing games. Bent would have made little difference in our last two games.

Lambert needs to get the group together and build them up again. Now doubt the Chelsea game hurt, and for the entire 1st half the squad were feeling sorry for themselves.

There is a feeling isn't there that we are approaching a game (Wigan) with the same 'must win' pressure that we were feeling a few weeks ago prior to the win we 'fortuitously' stumbled upon against Reading. I'm going to throttle a rabbit today and start stroking it's foot in readiness for Saturday.

I have read all the reaction to yesterday's match and have started to digest it all. All I can say is that I felt embarrassed again after the performance last night. 12-0 over two games, to two London clubs and all in front of the live TV audience. I mean, what do I say when someone asks me if I have had a good Christmas. I'm at work this morning and I've really had to bite my tongue. People are laughing at us folks...

I was really hoping that following the Chelsea game, we'd be alright against Spurs - but look at the stats from that game. It really is embarrassing.

I'm with you Paul - I really am... but it's just not good enough right now. I feel sorry for your players as they will feel no-end of pressure this week up to that 'must win' game against Wigan.

It's a fickle game - the club made my birthday by winning at Anfield. Then it spoiled my Christmas.

Come on, we're better than this surely.

**** hell, Bent. Villatalk syndrome, the only place where players actually improve by not playing games. Bent would have made little difference in our last two games.

Lambert needs to get the group together and build them up again. Now doubt the Chelsea game hurt, and for the entire 1st half the squad were feeling sorry for themselves.

Bent hasn't been available in the last 2 games, I said when he was available. We create very few chances, and we're the lowest scorers in the league! Those very few chances that we do create I'd rather they fell to bent than anyone else.

And if we get relegated then what?

Then we are absolutely ****. With the TV revenues for PL teams set for a massive hike next season, any team that goes down - even if they do come straight back - will be playing financial catch up for a very, very long time. It's a depressing comment on modern football, but we quite literally cannot afford to go down this (or any) season. So much so, that if we do slump to another defeat to Wigan, Lerner et al need to tear up any designs on conforming to FFP and lowering the wage bill and inject however much cash is needed into the squad in January to guarantee survival. Essentially they'll be rolling the dice, but 1) it's their fault we're in this **** mess in the first place and 2) we'll be screwed either way if we go down.

At one point yesterday, PL sat in the dug out and looked totally lost. It was a sorry sight.

The worry for me is that, at times, the team didn't even have any shape. Spurs were walking through us at will. I wouldn't mind if we were being undone by incisive passing, but at times they were rampaging into acres of space.

Oh, and the amount of freedom Bale was getting was shocking; they were failing to track him and/or close him down.

I know they're young players, but what are they getting taught on the training pitch!?

At one point yesterday, PL sat in the dug out and looked totally lost. It was a sorry sight.

The worry for me is that, at times, the team didn't even have any shape. Spurs were walking through us at will. I wouldn't mind if we were being undone by incisive passing, but at times they were rampaging into acres of space.

Oh, and the amount of freedom Bale was getting was shocking; they were failing to track him and/or close him down.

I know they're young players, but what are they getting taught on the training pitch!?

It was just like the Everton game. The signs were there then and something should of been done about it. Nothings changed since that game!

Bent hasn't been available in the last 2 games, I said when he was available. We create very few chances, and we're the lowest scorers in the league! Those very few chances that we do create I'd rather they fell to bent than anyone else.

we got decent results during that period though

Lambert should be given time, and some cash to spend in January. He needs to spend it wisely though.

At the moment (Liverpool game aside) it looks as if we are getting what we paid for. Lower league and academy players that just are not good enough for this level. I would expect to lose to Chelsea and perhaps Spurs, but not by the embarrassing scorelines of 0-8 and 0-4. In fact, I'm not sure many lower league sides would have lost like this.

We are in desperate need of a backbone come January. There is no spine to the team at all and we are easy to walkover. We need to beat Wigan on Saturday and then get busy in the transfer market, and quickly. We also need players that can come in and do a job, not players who need about 3 years, we don't have that long.

If Lambert can't do that then I fear his days will be numbered (or if he is not given the money).

If you look at Rodgers at Liverpool he isnt fairing much better and he spent more and had better players to build on.Is it a case of both clubs needing major work or both manager's suffering second season syndrome or are they just not as good as people thought.

Bent hasn't gotten better not playing but given we have him and 2 other strikers injured I'd say currently we would be better off having him at least on the bench.

The players at he football club just aren't good enough to play Premier League football. Some of them are ones that have been given to Lambert, others well he's bought them.

I do think that in Lambert, Randy Lerner has found his perfect match. Somebody who actively rather than spending money on quality thinks you can build teams from players two and three levels lower than yourselves. It's cheaper for Randy, whch is his main target these days and Lambert is happy doing that as he thinks that's what he does

Trouble is its creating 'the perfect storm' for villa. And they want people to pay £35 a game to watch this crap.