Paul Lambert

Pilchard

A new low from Morpheus*. Having a go at Lambert for complaining about one of the most inept officiating performances I've ever seen.

*I can only see his quoted posts so this may be inaccurate.

Didn't he just say that the decision to give a penalty was wrong? Aren't managers or players allowed to say that a referee's decision is wrong? Can't they be questioned at all? That linesman shouldn't get any protection, he should be sacked.

The referees need more protection from the FA than managers because referees get no support form anyone else (moreover, they hardly get any support from the FA). The job is hard enough without the endless criticism and this sort of behaviour rubs off on grass routes football and the problem just perpetuates. It is correct to punish it. I get your point about inconsistency though.

'Pathetic officiating' is dealt with by the FA. Referee's are always being dropped and low marks have a serious affect on them. You can't get above 49% in your score if you make a 'game changing decision' which is wrong. The FA punishes and criticises referees themselves. Leave it to them, not the bias players and the managers (who have no idea what they are talking about anyway. The amount of times they have misstated the law in post-match interviews is laughable).

So why does Lambert get this, but Ferguson constantly gets away with it? Why is it that last season, we get a referee who previous made a ridicuously incorrect decision against Villa in a cup final - who then goes on in that game to send off a player incorrectly when we were winning early on in a game - and we lose and the red card is recinded. Yet the same referee is given to us again, and he does the same thing this season but we scrape a draw.The game is not a fair playing field - could you ever imagine that penalty being given for Villa at the Ethiad? It's not a fair game - frequently different rules are being applied depending on who you are.There is not a chance that any of the top lot would have been given a ban - in fact the FA would have promptly issue an apology I'd bet.Respect the ref? They make it hard for themselves when making utterly, ridiculous, incorrect and game changing decisions week after week and we are treated like mugs expected to pay for this nonsense.

• Like 1

If it had been SAF that said what Lambert said, nothing would happen.

Except the fact that Ferguson has been fined and banned from games several times over outbursts? Like 5 games last season?

I am happy to admit that the best teams get more decisions at times, but they also get under more scrutiny and people tend to look at it more furiously when it happens to them. If two exact similar decisions are given in Man Utd - Wigan and Soton - West Ham, 99% of all fans will remember the first one and no-one would care about the second one, easy as that. People discuss how United get away with things, but what about the Rio Ferdinand ban for showing up a bit late for a drug test? Another player from another club did the exact same thing earlier but he only got a small fine. Like I said, people only bring up and remember the decisions big teams get because they are always looking for something to excuse their own team from. Ferguson was angry at referee Atkinson last season and he got a 5 match touchline ban. But I guess it is easier to forget that and just say that a ban would never happen to Fergie? That is the thing about forums though, the general consensus can agree about something - even though it is not based on facts. Facts like in something being actually backed by statistics. Arsene Wenger was angry at the inability of discussing Champions League-refs last season and he was also given a straight up ban for some 3 matches. Luis Suarez was given 8 games on the sidelines, John Terry as well, all being warnings that the FA would not accept the slightest bad behaviour of that kind. Would a racial debate been this big if Joe Bennett said something that could have been to let's say Tim Howard? In my opinion not at all, so I would say the big clubs sometimes get an unfair attention from the FA because more people care about what happens to those clubs.

If we lose to Reading then Lambert has to go.

Sorry but no. We cannot keep sacking managers. We need to give PL time. He has my backing for the length of his contract, I have faith in him.

(and think we need to remove somebody higher up, but that's for another day)