Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Do people not realise that changing manager isn't really going to solve anything? It's turning into a vicious circle.

Do people also not realise that changing the owner might stop the circle being vicious? The manager is only a puppet, the one that pulls the strings is the cause of success or failure.

Do people also not realise that changing the owner might stop the circle being vicious? The manager is only a puppet, the one that pulls the strings is the cause of success or failure.

Lerner doesn't manage the team. He made the wrong choice with McLeish but it wasn't his fault that Houllier got ill for example, which in turn meant that he had to leave and we had to change our manager yet again.

Regardless of his illness Houllier was finished here anyway. The guy was a walking **** disaster. 28 games under him 33 points with a good squad of players and 30 mill to spunk in January. It was only the 15 points picked under KMac/GMac that saved us. The 7 months Houllier was here we spent 3/4 of that time either in the bottom 3 or just outside serving up gutless tripe.

Lerner has made 2 very poor managerial appointments and combined with irresponsible cost cutting has seen us slide alarmingly over the last 2 and half years. I like Lambert and the jury is still very much out on him but he simply hasn't been given the financial backing in terms of fees and wages to stop our slide.

Things were improving towards the end of Houllier's reign and that can't be denied. He was far from "finished" here before his illness and I think many would've been prepared to give him a proper season to see what he could do. It's a huge shame that he did have to leave because of illness because otherwise we might've had some **** continuity at the club for a change.

• Like 1

Unless we change the owner - The Lambert philosophy of picking up young gems from Europe or the lower leagues is really the only way I can see us working. We have to stick by Lambert and just hope - in the long run it works out.

I don't really see what Randy has done wrong since the summer. He sacked McLeish, brought in somebody many fans wanted and gave him a fair chunk of money to spend. Things aren't going well right now because we've got a new manager, new players and we're trying to play a new way. That will take time.

• Like 2

I don't really see what Randy has done wrong since the summer. He sacked McLeish, brought in somebody many fans wanted and gave him a fair chunk of money to spend. Things aren't going well right now because we've got a new manager, new players and we're trying to play a new way. That will take time.

Agreed. I still think hes the right guy for us. I will be honest I had hoped for better at this stage though.

Yeah just like he did at Spuds :rolleyes: and was he the actual cause of that administration?

It was a tongue in cheek comment. But there was Brighton, West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth. And I don't think QPR have anyone with enough financial sense (like Spurs did) to keep an eye on him.

Patience

Thats all really, patience. Its just a 12 game spell. We've had worse 12 game sequences in a season and still finished top six. Im not suggesting we'll finish top six, just that there is still a long way to go. Its like, you dont look at the table and go, oh yeah, West Brom, they look like a Champions League side, because they dont. Theyre an upper mid table team currently punching voer their weight and in form. We a re a lower mid table team currently punching under our weight and out of form. Thats all, we arent going down

Redknapp may be a good fit for clubs like QPR with endless amounts of money but certainly not for Aston Villa.

I honestly feel thats a misconception.

How much did Redknapp pay for Van Der Vaart? 6-8m and Parker for 5m while we paid 24m for Bent and 7m for Benteke. Redknapp also signed Friedal, Walker and Pienaar for not much money. You see what i'm getting at here. Redknapp doesn't always spend large amounts on transfers but what i do like about him is that he can be a decent operator in the transfer market without over spending.

I'm still a Lambert fan. As several of the knowledgable posters here that I respect said a few months ago: "We will struggle in the first half of the season, with some poor displays and results. But we will pick up after christmas and finish the season comfortably safe and in a good position before the next season."

I agree with these people.

• Like 1

Think you will find Levy brought VDV.Friedal was out of contract with us ,Peinaar had 6 months on contract with Everton.Walker was brought with Naughton for 9 mil !

I'd go as far to say having someone as competent as Levy as CEO would help us immensley.

I honestly feel thats a misconception.

How much did Redknapp pay for Van Der Vaart? 6-8m and Parker for 5m while we paid 24m for Bent and 7m for Benteke. Redknapp also signed Friedal, Walker and Pienaar for not much money. You see what i'm getting at here. Redknapp doesn't always spend large amounts on transfers but what i do like about him is that he can be a decent operator in the transfer market without over spending.

Think you have misunderstood the Tottenham way of dealing with players: Redknapp provides a list of players he would like the club to get, and then he is not more involved. He has explained this several times when he is interviewed on deadline day.