Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The signing of Kovac for £7m

Fair play, I can see you know your stuff.
My god, a spelling mistake!

No, it's a completely different player.

Robert Kovac doesn't play for us. It's a pretty big spelling mistake.

Still, at least Elmohamady is playing well in midfield for us.

How do you know he wasn't referring to Niko Kovac? ;)

• Like 1

Honest question and I don't mean this in a nasty, malicious way so please don't take it this way. But, if you think everything is such a shambles, why do you continue to support Villa? You obviously don't get any enjoyment from it so what's the point?

Because once you support a club, you stick with them? Pretty obvious answer.
Well stick with them & get behind them then.Do you think they purposely go out to play badly or to loose?We're no worse than any of the teams around us & better than some. Mid table is an improvement after 3 successive relegation battles-What did people expect? A top 6 finish?
My most hated argument in football. I will continue to simultaneously back the team whilst also making criticisms of things I feel are not being done correctly if that is alright with you.

If you hate any sort negative comment said about the manager, team, owner etc. then might I suggest that a fan forum probably isn't the best place for you.

Trouble is when do you actually back the team?

Unclear what your definition of backing the team is? Clearly me wanting the team to do well but questioning their and the manager's performance when necessary doesn't constitute this in your opinion. Edited by Isa

We can all question decisions & performances. I've no problem with that. The problem I have is that it's constant-Even the Man City win has been reduced to some kind of freak result in which the goal celebrations were insincere & have been seen on MOTD prior to the Man City game.

& I'll stick around on the fan forum, criticising the criticisers-If it's all right with you of course.

I'm sure the team is getting better but like some of the negative/critical posters I sometimes feel things could be better still. I feel like I have bipolar with supporting Villa this season, my mood is at opposite ends from game to game. But I still see a positive trend with results, and I think that as the side is youthful and on a learning curve things will continue to get better, I just wished that we played nice football on the eye more frequently than what we have seen over the last month or so

We can all question decisions & performances. I've no problem with that. The problem I have is that it's constant-Even the Man City win has been reduced to some kind of freak result in which the goal celebrations were insincere & have been seen on MOTD prior to the Man City game.& I'll stick around on the fan forum, criticising the criticisers-If it's all right with you of course.

You still haven't quoted where I have ever commented about the goal celebrations. Please quote me or stop accusing me of saying things I haven't said.

Has Lerner sucked every bit of ambition out of this club?

Yes.

Sadly I think you're right. Thank god some of us can see through Lerner's 'emperor's new clothes' syndrome.

I think Lerner has been a very good owner. I am amazed every year how much money he is willing to put into the club.

He tried spending his way to the top and it didnt work. Then he tried to control costs and stabilize in the top half, that didnt work. Now he is trying to reset the squad with a new manager and start building again, this time with a younger squad who can grow with the team. TBD whether that will work but it all seems fairly logical and sound to me.

I think Lerner has been a decent owner  but with the jury still out. Bar the odd push under O'Neill we are at a simliar level than when he bought the club.  Yes he has sunk a lot of captial in, did the training ground and has given the ground a lick of paint, but it is hardly what we expected when he took over. The much promised mass marketing of Villa, ambitious signings and a world class kit deal, has just been promises so far. I think he does like the club and has a warmth to it, but at the end of the day it is a business for him and sooner rather than later he will sell out to another bored billionaire.  Lerner has done about as well as Kenwright at Everton, who has no money and with a stadium falling apart. Just saying.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Has Lerner sucked every bit of ambition out of this club?

Yes.

Sadly I think you're right. Thank god some of us can see through Lerner's 'emperor's new clothes' syndrome.

I think Lerner has been a very good owner. I am amazed every year how much money he is willing to put into the club.

He tried spending his way to the top and it didnt work. Then he tried to control costs and stabilize in the top half, that didnt work. Now he is trying to reset the squad with a new manager and start building again, this time with a younger squad who can grow with the team. TBD whether that will work but it all seems fairly logical and sound to me.

I think Lerner has been a decent owner  but with the jury still out. Bar the odd push under O'Neill we are at a simliar level than when he bought the club.  Yes he has sunk a lot of captial in, did the training ground and has given the ground a lick of paint, but it is hardly what we expected when he took over. The much promised mass marketing of Villa, ambitious signings and a world class kit deal, has just been promises so far. I think he does like the club and has a warmth to it, but at the end of the day it is a business for him and sooner rather than later he will sell out to another bored billionaire.  Lerner has done about as well as Kenwright at Everton, who has no money and with a stadium falling apart. Just saying.

Good point.

We can all question decisions & performances. I've no problem with that. The problem I have is that it's constant-Even the Man City win has been reduced to some kind of freak result in which the goal celebrations were insincere & have been seen on MOTD prior to the Man City game.& I'll stick around on the fan forum, criticising the criticisers-If it's all right with you of course.

You still haven't quoted where I have ever commented about the goal celebrations. Please quote me or stop accusing me of saying things I haven't said.

Ignore him. He's a bit of a one-trick pony who mainly seems to post to scold people for daring to question any aspect of the wonderfulness of Paul Lambert, his tactics and his team.  :)

• Like 3

Ignore him. He's a bit of a one-trick pony who mainly seems to post to scold people for daring to question any aspect of the wonderfulness of Paul Lambert, his tactics and his team.  :)

Yes it seems that way. Even in his comment, he says he has no problem with us questioning the manager and the team then finishes by saying he will criticise anybody who does so. Can't win with people like that.

• Like 1

We have had a pretty hard run of games that might have had an impact on his tactics, will be interesting to see how we play through november. hopefully 9 points, minimum 6 which should give the players a wee boost of confidence aswell.

That's a very good point actually. I guess people are just worried that we can't break down the lesser teams but let's not forget that at the end of last season we beat most of the teams around us while losing to all of the top teams.