Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

leebarnett2004

Yep, said it my my mate the other day who supports Leeds. His tackling is worse than Scholes and I'm sure I was told he was good at it.

It's been a long time since anyone could have been in doubt about Delph's tackling. Even MON was criticising him for it very early.

Clearly, teams are going into games against us thinking a very early goal is going to be there for the taking. that's why we got battered so early. After a while, Swansea settled down a bit and let us back into the game. No doubt they will come out and batter at our defence for the first 15-20 minutes so that is going to be the most vital part of this game for us. If we can keep them out for the first 20 minutes of this half there's a sneaky chance that our confidence could grow and we might steal a goal or two to go on and win it. Stranger things have happened!

Having said all that, we look primed for a red card here IMO. Weimann is psyched up, Herd and Clark simply cannot time their tackles right, and Delph, well, he's just **** nuts and a sending off in waiting in most games he plays.

Talking of Clark, did anyone else think he got a bit lucky earlier when he was judged to have fouled the Swansea player in a tussle when he got turned? He was the last man, albeit quite far out. I thought he was lucky to at least escape a yellow card!

Herd and Clark were both piss poor for their goal but our goal was quality football from our front two.

Come on Villa! Get a foot on the ball and keep the ball out of our net and give our forwards something to fight for.

Get in what a suprise that was, wonder what the stats were for that first half?..

According to Sky Sports:

Shots on target: Swansea 3-3 Villa

Shots off target: Swansea 7-2 Villa

Corners: Swansea 2-1 Villa

Offsides: Swansea 2-1 Villa

Yellow cards: Swansea 0-3 Villa [is that right?]

Fouls won: Swansea 9-3 Villa

Pass success rate: Swansea 79%, Villa 72.67%

Possession: Swansea 67.3%, Villa 32.7%

Delph needs to be taken off. El Ahmadi in if he is on the bench (not sure if).

He's not great but I welcome his dynamism in this sort of game more than KEA's weakness in the tackle and possession. You can come back at me when Delph gets his second yellow for a reckless, late challenge in a benign area of the pitch.