2013 VT Deadpool

TrentVilla

Yeah, mine too. But sometimes you just have to grit your teeth if the guy does the right thing in the end (for whatever reason). Same goes for Adams & McGuinness in N.I.

Why do you all think that way? Genuine question - I hardly know anything about Mandela apart from his general reputation

Well, basically he was a terrorist. A terrorist in a good cause, certainly - if ever a regime needed taking down it was white South Africa. But he was no Gandhi, and people died.

But the fact that on gaining power, when you might have expected some score-settling and revenge, he went for the reconciliation route. It was the right thing to do, and he got my respect for that.

A freedom fighter is on our side. A terrorist is on the other side.

ergo Mandela couldn't have been a terrorist, unless your politics have completely changed over night

A freedom fighter is something you approve of. A terrorist is someone you feel uncomfortable about, at the least

Wouldn't be my definition I don't think.

Freedom fighters use whatever means necessary to "free" their particular people. Terrorists use terror tactics including murder etc to get their point across but this doesn't involve the freeing of anyone

Mandela and ANC - freedom fighters

Che guevara et al - freedom fighters

IRA - freedom fighters

The Munich Palestinians - Freedom fighters

Current Muslim ALQ inspired - Terrorists

Red Brigade - Terrorists

They are very similar in my book and the terms don't imply any approval

• Like 2

Wouldn't be my definition I don't think.

Freedom fighters use whatever means necessary to "free" their particular people. Terrorists use terror tactics including murder etc to get their point across but this doesn't involve the freeing of anyone

Mandela and ANC - freedom fighters

Che guevara et al - freedom fighters

IRA - freedom fighters

The Munich Palestinians - Freedom fighters

Current Muslim ALQ inspired - Terrorists

Red Brigade - Terrorists

They are very similar in my book and the terms don't imply any approval

Yeah I think yours is the better definition.

A freedom fighter is on our side. A terrorist is on the other side.

ergo Mandela couldn't have been a terrorist, unless your politics have completely changed over night

I was being sarcastic.

• Like 1

Â