U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Apparently it’ll take all his liquid funds to pay. It won’t bankrupt him but it’ll force him to sell loads of assets at actual value.

I’d be shocked if he has as much liquid cash as he says he has.

What about the other hundred odd million dollars he was fined the other week, has he paid that yet? 

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I presume there will be a lengthy appeal process 

He'll probably be dead (and possibly president again while he's at it) before he has to spend a night in prison or part with his money. They will drag this out for years and years. Some of his kids might no inherit as much as they expected thou.

In other US politics new. Trying to keep everyone happy not easy I guess.

US plans to send weapons to Israel even as Biden pushes for ceasefire, WSJ reports

The Biden administration is preparing to send bombs and other weapons to Israel that would add to its military arsenal even as the U.S. pushes for a ceasefire in Gaza, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing current and former U.S. officials.
The proposed arms delivery includes MK-82 bombs and KMU-572 Joint Direct Attack Munitions that add precision guidance to bombs, and FMU-139 bomb fuses, the Journal reported, adding that the value of is estimated to be "tens of millions of dollars."

The proposed delivery is still being internally reviewed by the administration, the report added, citing a U.S. official, who said the details of the proposal could change before the administration notifies congressional committee leaders who would need to approve the transfer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-plans-send-weapons-israel-even-biden-pushes-ceasefire-wsj-reports-2024-02-17/

2 minutes ago, sne said:

He'll probably be dead (and possibly president again while he's at it) before he has to spend a night in prison or part with his money. They will drag this out for years and years. Some of his kids might no inherit as much as they expected thou.

Nope, he has 30 days to deposit the money regardless of any appeal (same in the Jean E Carrol case) if he doesn’t he'll accrue interest and be at risk of property siezures.

Those two cases fines are estimated to be about 20% of his net total worth. He may be worth $2bil or so but an awful lot of that is tied up in property.

Sure, he'll appeal but he won’t be able to access that money in the meantime and if he can’t raise it the bailiffs go in

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I presume there will be a lengthy appeal process 

In order to appeal, he has to post a bond to cover the entire amount (plus accruing interest). His credit rating won't be good due to him being a fraud with a history of not paying debts. There will be a date by which he must make good which means that if he doesn't have cash on hand he'll probably have to hold a fire sale.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Major sliding doors moments for me:

1. Al Gore beats Bush junior in 2000

2. Biden runs in 2016 and beats Trump in 2016.

The world would be such a better place today imho

3. Villa win the league in 92/93 😉

Sorry off off-topic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â