U.S. Politics

maqroll

17 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

There's also the whole "both fronted by and voted for by bigots, halfwits and simpletons" part as well.

..he says, in his best condescending Liberal bigot voice..

6 hours ago, Awol said:

Agreed, I meant specifically for UK dual nationals. 

Apparently Obama did a similar visa block for Iraqis only in 2011. I don't recall it happening so can only assume it was under reported at the time - presumably the media didn't think it was a big deal either.

It was not announced publicly until after it had been lifted again, probably so as not to send the wrong message. 

Also I suspect Obama would had worded it a lot better in consultation with other branches of government to minimise confusion and impact on people like existing visa holders. 

Edited by LondonLax

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It was not announced publicly until after it had been lifted again, probably so as not to send the wrong message. 

Also I suspect Obama would had worded it a lot better in consultation with other branches of government to minimise confusion and impact on people like existing visa holders. 

Pfft, nah. Obama and Biden cooked it up after a night on the sauce on the back of a pizza box.

...Which would still be more oversight than Trump has managed.

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Also I suspect Obama would had worded it a lot better in consultation with other branches of government to minimise confusion and impact on people like existing visa holders. 

Thanks, I didn't know that. Even so like other examples of Obama's tendency to employ executive power, this temporary ban is following a precedent set by Trump's predecessor. 

That's not to excuse it, but you have to wonder if at least some of this protesting is more about  who is using than power than what it's actually used for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It's still true though, condescending or not.

No, it's nothing more than your personal bigotry which is deemed socially acceptable by others who share it. 

It doesn't bother me but the irony of you then using that term to describe others is amusing.

• Like 1

I'll save everyone giving the word removed that made that video any publicity or a chance at getting nice viewer numbers for the ad revenue.

1. Trump's ok 'cos Obama did it too.

2. Wahwahwah.

With a dash of sarcasm and mocking people by reading tweets in a funny voice.

I bet he's an alt-right word removed.

Edit

HE IS! Shocker.

Edited by Chindie

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Turns out it was only 1 shooter in Quebec, the white Quebecois man. The Moroccan man named was simply a witness. Now he has his name forever associated with terror thanks to rags like Fox.

Maybe, but on the plus side he'll never have to queue again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Turns out it was only 1 shooter in Quebec, the white Quebecois man. The Moroccan man named was simply a witness. Now he has his name forever associated with terror thanks to rags like Fox.

After right wing arseholes with millions of followers on Twitter said it was a Moroccan shouting Allah Akhbar. 

Complete and utter arseholes.

• Like 1

I'll just quote that article again from a couple pages back.

Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, report shows

One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fire at a mosque in Quebec City was of Moroccan origin, a witness and local media reported Monday, revealing the first details about the attackers in the massacre that killed six people

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30/at-least-five-killed-in-shooting-at-quebec.html

They've taken it down for obvious reasons, the words removed.

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't think it's quite clear about the second man. The police said that he was arrested after calling them and saying he was 'involved'. What that means we have to wait to see, I guess.

So The Don has got Saudi Arabia to start accepting refugees and it only took two phone calls!!!  Begs the question WTF were all the other politicians doing?  

Silk and Diamond are two awesome babes on You Tube!!

It's a beautiful thing!

How many dead in Chicago now so far this month 50, 60, 70..................?  Will the record be broken?

Colin Flaherty is a real journalist!!

Just now, snowychap said:

I don't think it's quite clear about the second man. The police said that he was arrested after calling them and saying he was 'involved'. What that means we have to wait to see, I guess.

Really? I read a CBC (who are very reputable) report confirming the man was merely a witness. 

Only 1 suspect in deadly Quebec mosque shooting, police say

Police arrested 2 men after killings inside Quebec City mosque, but now say 1 is considered witness

Quebec provincial police now say only one of the two men arrested Sunday night following the deadly shooting at a Quebec City mosque is a suspect in the attack.

La SQ confirme qu’un seul des individus arrêté hier soir en lien avec l’#attentat de #Québec est considéré comme suspect.

In a pair of tweets sent shortly after noon, the Sûreté du Québec confirmed one of the men arrested is now considered a witness.

#Attentat de #Quebec Suite à l’enquête, l’autre individu est maintenant considéré comme témoin.

Six men died in the shooting during evening prayers at the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec (Islamic cultural centre of Quebec). Nineteen people were also wounded.

Police also said it's too early to know the motive, what charges may be laid or when the suspect will appear in court.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-gun-shots-1.3957686

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

early Trump ancestor found

Scientists have identified an early ancestor with a tiny brain and a big mouth that doubles as an anus.

_93872521_pic.jpg

Hilarious!  Tell how come he's being supported by business small and big?  Oh let's not forget also that its now ok to talk and encourage killing political leaders you don't like.  Those statements show far we the human race have progressed.  

Just now, ermie123 said:

Hilarious!  Tell how come he's being supported by business small and big?  Oh let's not forget also that its now ok to talk and encourage killing political leaders you don't like.  Those statements show far we the human race have progressed.  

You speedin' bro?

What you got?

Â