New TV advice

CVByrne

Apart from Richer Sounds where else is there to get decent prices on TVs?

I was looking for a cheap LED TV for my daughters bedroom and ended up looking at Argos, Currys & RS which was a tad dissapointing.

Always worth popping into a Currys store to see if they have any returned or ex-display models. Sometimes they don't have their original box but they knock off a fair bit.

Apart from Richer Sounds where else is there to get decent prices on TVs?

I was looking for a cheap LED TV for my daughters bedroom and ended up looking at Argos, Currys & RS which was a tad dissapointing.

Amazon.

Ebuyer.

Tesco Direct.

Well since our main TV Philipps 42 inch gave up the ghost last night and its about 9 years old I have had to source one quickly and have gone for a LG-49LB550. Not 3D, not Smart as I have a PC connected to it but because of the size of the TV it is replacing it needed to be this big so it didnt look stupid on the wall.

Typically I cannot find anything about the TV which is a little worrying.

After looking around for deals on TV's I've narrowed it down to 2! 

LG - http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-42LN570V-42-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B00BS55OMA?

Panasonic - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-TX-42A400B-42-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B00IOQ5XC2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Both 42" 1080p. Panasonic TV is £20 extra. Not fussed on the Smart TV to be honest - or should I be? Regardless, any opinions on which is better? Currently only have a Samsung 32". Getting old now!

The LG TV I ordered arrived yesterday model lg-49LB550. As I had said cannot find any info on this set at all even the manual supplied doesn't mention the model no of my TV on it.

Unpacked it and was surprised to find it has a satelitte input on the back and the option in the menu for satelitte tuning. Now as I don't have a spare cable at the moment I haven't tried tuning it but will test it out.

The Sony TV is coming tomorrow, really excited! Also, as John Lewis managed to make a meal of delivery and I sent them a nice email complaining about it and they're sending me £40 in gift vouchers which I thought was quite cool. 

Nath, what persuaded you to Sony? I'm still spending hours on end looking through the internet at TV's for prices, reviews etc. Still can't make my mind up! All I know is I want a 42" 1080p. 

Nath, what persuaded you to Sony? I'm still spending hours on end looking through the internet at TV's for prices, reviews etc. Still can't make my mind up! All I know is I want a 42" 1080p. 

Sorry only just saw your post mate, from the research I've done (mainly reading AVForums) it appears that it's the best TV for what I want it for (sports and gaming) due to the really low motion blur. As I wasn't arsed about 3D but did want a smart TV this was the obvious choice. What will you be using it for mainly and are you bothered about 3D, Smart etc?

Looks good for the price mate! If John Lewis mess you about with the delivery then you should definitely complain, could get yourself some free gift vouchers like I did :)

Set mine up last night and I couldn't recommend it enough. I'm really impressed with it, although granted it probably doesn't take much to impress an AV simpleton like me.

• 3 months later...

Curved TV's? Yes or no?

Can't decide if I like them or not...

No from me. Poor viewing angles unless you are in the sweet spot plus you need 55" + to achieve the immersive effect.

Curved TV's? Yes or no?

Can't decide if I like them or not...

im at the minute scouring the net on advice and reviews on curved tvs as seriously considering getting one

I have the Samsung UHD 4K, 55HU8500 Running through HW-H7501 with a Hub and two M5 speakers

Makes you wanna slap your momma!

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

We are looking for a 42" TV, any suggestions? 

Budget up to £400.

Samsung UE40H6400 down to £419 

Purchase this product to claim 3 months subscription to Deezer AND 12 months subscription to MUBI. Deezer offer ends 30/04/15. MUBI offer ends 30/06/15, MUBI code valid until 31/10/15. 

With FREE Samsung WAM250 multi-room Hub, offer ends 31/01/15, 

Free 5 year gaurentee 

https://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40h6400/sams-ue40h6400

Edited by Kingman

Â