January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Yes, and all for the princely sum of €2.5m.

I said it at the beginning of January and I'll say it again. We are not signing anyone. Lerner could not care less about Villa, he's made that clear for the past two years. He'd rather hide in america and let his former "relationships manager" run this club into the ground. I've been resigned to relegation since the Southampton game and Shitbert should have been sacked then for us to stand a chance. As things stand we have the worst first team and squad in the league and a dead man walking for a manager. We will be finishing bottom of the table this year I'm afraid.

Oh well.

Plus guys, remember this as well.

If it wasn't for his shot last season at Fulham - which Wiemann tapped in - we would've been relegated.

We need to chuck Gardner in the first 11 as well when he's fit to prove his worth.

Still would have stayed up actually, just.

So have an update on Stephens. All I have to say it's a sad state of affairs when a championship player is being heavily advised by agents/players not to come to us because of our situation. Not only threat of relegation but the perceived lack of ambition to secure our prem league survival.

Although he may join in the summer even if we got relegated. As it was put to me he would rather play for a big fish in a small pond than a fish that's slowly dying. Basically if we get relegated as long as we show ambition to come back up he would still move.

Anyways it doesn't matter because the two clubs can't even agree a fee so there is no decision to make for him.

• Like 1

So have an update on Stephens. All I have to say it's a sad state of affairs when a championship player is being heavily advised by agents/players not to come to us because of our situation. Not only threat of relegation but the perceived lack of ambition to secure our prem league survival.

Although he may join in the summer even if we got relegated. As it was put to me he would rather play for a big fish in a small pond than a fish that's slowly dying. Basically if we get relegated as long as we show ambition to come back up he would still move.

Anyways it doesn't matter because the two clubs can't even agree a fee so there is no decision to make for him.

Cheer's for digging and no suprises really , whole world can see we are a shambles...other than our Chairmen.

AVFC is entering a dark period I fear

Even worse he doesn't care 

im sure he's quite concerned that the club he bought and put a truckload of money into is going to see its value halved very soon, with the potential for even more devaluation if we don't get back up straight away. it would be silly to think that any businessman wouldn't care seeing that happen to an investment, it's just likely that, for one reason or another, he THINKS he knows what he's doing

as ive speculated elsewhere, i think there's a case to be made for lerner believing that relegation could be the easiest way for him to get rid of the high earning players and completely restructure the club's wage policy from top to bottom. it certainly wouldn't have been his plan a (or even b, c, or d for that matter), but now that it's looking likely i just have this inkling feeling that he thinks it's best for the club, financially, to take a short term hit, offload the big earners, and focus on letting lambert bring in promising youngsters who'll get us promoted straight away

only problem is that's not how it's going to play out, at all

im sure he's quite concerned that the club he bought and put a truckload of money into is going to see its value halved very soon, with the potential for even more devaluation if we don't get back up straight away. it would be silly to think that any businessman wouldn't care seeing that happen to an investment, it's just likely that, for one reason or another, he THINKS he knows what he's doing

as ive speculated elsewhere, i think there's a case to be made for lerner believing that relegation could be the easiest way for him to get rid of the high earning players and completely restructure the club's wage policy from top to bottom. it certainly wouldn't have been his plan a (or even b, c, or d for that matter), but now that it's looking likely i just have this inkling feeling that he thinks it's best for the club, financially, to take a short term hit, offload the big earners, and focus on letting lambert bring in promising youngsters who'll get us promoted straight away

only problem is that's not how it's going to play out, at all

Basically copying what Ashley did at Newcastle then 

Edited by Nabby
  • Like 1

Basically copying what Ashley did at Newcastle then 

yeah i do think, to a certain extent, that he's looking at newcastle and thinking that's the way it normally is when "big" clubs get relegated - that they come back up full of fire

on a completely naive level there might be a bit of merit to the idea... you go down with a team of kids, they feel they have something to prove and, with a year's experience under their belt, they go out and hammer everyone, gaining confidence and experience along the way. then when you romp home to the championship title, you supplement them with a few more new players and finish 6th in the premiership

if only it was roy of the **** rovers