January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

He plays for Derby doesn't he?

According to Fifa13 :) he is a ball winner and a good passer of the ball.

Yeah he does, hmm fair play I just checked myself and is a CM..... We where linked to him a year or 2 ago... I remember him being more attack minded... I'd take him as it's someone else instead of Deph/Bannan...

We need 3 players in at least: CB, CDM, CM..... anything else is welcome after that..... We should have gone and got Huddlestone, yes he may like his McD's, he may be a bit slow, but he's the kind of guy we needed in that CM last night..... not bloody Bannan who's corners are like a air floater football....

Delph & Bannan were probably our worst 2 players last night.

Its not their fault, they don't have the skill to perform. They should be squad players, and therefore we need to sign some players!!

It's strange how we all see the game differently. I actually thought Delph was one of our better players last night. I admit he wasn't fantastic, but he was absolutely everywhere.

I'd go as far as saying that his performance, and effort, last night has made me think we should keep him as a squad player, instead of letting him go in the summer.

• Like 1

It's strange how we all see the game differently. I actually thought Delph was one of our better players last night. I admit he wasn't fantastic, but he was absolutely everywhere.

I'd go as far as saying that his performance, and effort, last night has made me think we should keep him as a squad player, instead of letting him go in the summer.

Indeed I'd keep him but he needs to learn to not bloody Scissor tackle..... he could have been sent off last night, same with Clark.....

His poor tackling and passing was irritating, maybe he did try his hardest, but the fact he constantly kept shaking his head and slapping his thighs in frustration when Given and Gabby gave him stick is what pissed me off the most. These players are grown men in a similar age bracket to myself, no matter how much we keep saying we have a young team, they need to take responsibility for their mistakes and fix them.

We NEED a defensive midfielder, we all see it, Lambert sees it, and if we do not get one then it can only be down to Lerner and Faulkner refusing.

I 100% agree that we need 3 or 4 quality players but this was our team that beat liverpool just over a month ago:

Guzan, Lowton, Baker, Clark [c], Lichaj, Holman, Westwood, Bannan, Herd, Weimann, Benteke. Subs: Given, Bowery, El Ahmadi, N'Zogbia, Bennett, Delph, Albrighton.

So why cant we beat the likes of Bradford over two legs with what we've got?

I 100% agree that we need 3 or 4 quality players but this was our team that beat liverpool just over a month ago:

Guzan, Lowton, Baker, Clark [c], Lichaj, Holman, Westwood, Bannan, Herd, Weimann, Benteke. Subs: Given, Bowery, El Ahmadi, N'Zogbia, Bennett, Delph, Albrighton.

So why cant we beat the likes of Bradford over two legs with what we've got?

True. Saying that Liverpool probably should have had a couple of goals before we scored though. Whenever we concede our heads drop. We need an experienced midfielder to replace Petrov, who we are sorely missing.

i think the most important signing is a defensive coach. the number of points dropped and wembley visit denied because we cannot defend set pieces into our box is a sad indictment of Lambert. Not that i advocate sacking him I am also fed up with changing managers and paying them off.

Going back to the Delph comments he has been alright last 3 games there were much worse performances across the team last night especially second half when ireland nzogbia gabby stopped looking for space or the ball.

cheeky loan offer for Nick Powell not getting any game time, renew his partnership with Westwood, better than Ireland And Bannan. I know he isn't the experienced head we are crying out for but good add an extra dimension and creativity to our team which we are crying out for. With the right experienced player with them could be enough to save us. It's 99% unlikely but anyone else thinking we could be the un-named club in for M'villa? Could Randy be shitting himself and finally sanctioned a move for him. Just what we need to stay in the division. His high wages would be covered in part by shirt sales. and as Warnock is surplus to requirements release him 6 months early to help cover the rest. He wouldn't be here for long but hopefully long enough to make an impact. Say £8 million with a releagation release clause and a minimum release clause of say £12 million if & when a bigger club comes in for him if he does well. Stranger things have happened Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham. Darren Bent. I dream I know but it's better than face the reality. Randy has proven before he is willing to put his hand in his pocket at desperate times.

It seems the route we wanna take as a club is buy cheap talent, develop it then sell on for a profit, so how about bidding for Redmond & Butland from the hairdressers salon down the road. they are financially screwed, and both are good young prospects that usually would cost a lot more under different circumstances. we will need a replacement for Given and competition for Guzan either next season or the season after. Get Butland in, loan him out for a season see how he does. If he continues his development we will either have a keeper to challenge for a first team spot or an asset that won't have depreciated giving the low cost of buying him in the first place. just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Definately.

The thing is, in that game Liverpool had 61% Possession, 17 shots on target, 9 shots off target and 7 corners so how did a villa defence without Vlaar in it, only concede 1 goal then go on such a terrible run conceding goals like we dont exist?

I know our players are mostly poor but they have proven they can do it so there is no excuse for being this bad on a consistent basis.

I have no idea what my point is now because i'm pretty sure i'm going to end up contradicting myself. Dont know what to think, losing the plot, fml...

i think the most important signing is a defensive coach. the number of points dropped and wembley visit denied because we cannot defend set pieces into our box is a sad indictment of Lambert. Not that i advocate sacking him I am also fed up with changing managers and paying them off.

Going back to the Delph comments he has been alright last 3 games there were much worse performances across the team last night especially second half when ireland nzogbia gabby stopped looking for space or the ball.

cheeky loan offer for Nick Powell not getting any game time, renew his partnership with Westwood, better than Ireland And Bannan. I know he isn't the experienced head we are crying out for but good add an extra dimension and creativity to our team which we are crying out for. With the right experienced player with them could be enough to save us. It's 99% unlikely but anyone else thinking we could be the un-named club in for M'villa? Could Randy be shitting himself and finally sanctioned a move for him. Just what we need to stay in the division. His high wages would be covered in part by shirt sales. and as Warnock is surplus to requirements release him 6 months early to help cover the rest. He wouldn't be here for long but hopefully long enough to make an impact. Say £8 million with a releagation release clause and a minimum release clause of say £12 million if & when a bigger club comes in for him if he does well. Stranger things have happened Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham. Darren Bent. I dream I know but it's better than face the reality. Randy has proven before he is willing to put his hand in his pocket at desperate times.

It seems the route we wanna take as a club is buy cheap talent, develop it then sell on for a profit, so how about bidding for Redmond & Butland from the hairdressers salon down the road. they are financially screwed, and both are good young prospects that usually would cost a lot more under different circumstances. we will need a replacement for Given and competition for Guzan either next season or the season after. Get Butland in, loan him out for a season see how he does. If he continues his development we will either have a keeper to challenge for a first team spot or an asset that won't have depreciated giving the low cost of buying him in the first place. just my thoughts.

aaaaaannnnddd breathe