January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

So there is money to spend. I am relieve

But if we can't make the right deals for the right players then chances are we wont be spend it. There's no point in bringing in players of less quality than we already have. The targets we want might be asking for too much in wages. I'm positive that Lerner will not break the wage structure, that put us in a mess the first time, but i'm sure he'd sanction money for deals if they fit into the wage structure of the club.

Edited by PieFacE

I've said this before, but it bears repeating. It was really great when there was a separate thread for ITK stuff, then the average VT user could ignore all the nonsense that is spouted under that heading. The annoying thing is it becomes increasingly compulsive to look at this thread as time goes on and we fans get more desperate about the lack of signings. And all we find is this...

This year it seems to be worse because we have ITKs waving their willies at each other over who really knows the "truth".

"My info comes indirectly from the top."

Indeed.

I'm just off to hunt out some sick bags.

:angry:

I understand. Really I do.

But I'm equally sick of reading people spout things I know aren't true and which then cause millions of pages of moaning. It's for the "desperate fans" that I posted the info in the first place, yes?

Sorry about the lack of signings but your inability to scan through all this bullshit is not my problem.

A friendly word of advice though. If this thread annoys you so much (and I can understand that), it might be worth avoiding it until deadline day.

Because that's most likely when we'll do anything in my opinion.

In closing, my transfer cock is **** huge.

• Like 1

You've basically said we might make a signing, we might not.

Great.

No. I said we have money to spend. That was in question last week or whenever, yes?

Obviously we then may or may not use it. For ****'s sake.

Have you told Paul Lambert yet because he'd love to sign a DCM?

You're just making yourself look pretty stupid now. There's so many complexities to signing players within a wage budget. You make it sound like a game of Football Manager. Plus there's still 9 days left FFS. Most of the business happens in the last couple of days.

Edited by PieFacE

Have you told Paul Lambert yet because he'd love to sign a DCM?

Yes, I'll go and tell him now.

I'll say "Paul, this kid on the net reckons I need to tell you that you need a defensive midfielder and that you've got some money to spend because, well, you didn't know that".

Regarding the issue of transfer dealings known to the press. It seems clear that the current administration don't like to do things through the media for better or for worse.

To be honest I'm quite thankful for that as look at what is happening to Newcastle, They had Remy sniped away from them because they had been courting him in the media for so long and there were reports today that Mbiwa may have been tapped up in the last few hours too by another club even though he had a planned medical at Newcastle! (Should be noted it seems he is now on his way to the North-East).

We can't (or perhaps better but, we are not willing to) compete with the wages being offered by other clubs in the league right now and as a result we can't afford to let our targets be known and end up in a potential bidding war which we would almost certainly lose.

I'd seriously doubt he was on less at United than at Pats. Pats were shit for the past 30 years when he signed and he was only there 1 year from a junior side (Dalkey) before going to United. I'd doubt whether the whole Pats squad were even fully professional back then.

We can't (or perhaps better but, we are not willing to) compete with the wages being offered by other clubs in the league right now and as a result we can't afford to let our targets be known and end up in a potential bidding war which we would almost certainly lose.

Whilst I agree with this in principle, I do think that the agent of any player would tout his client about to all Premier League clubs before they sign. Anything to make a few more quid.

All this ITK stuff is highly amusing. Can we increase the stakes by suggesting that ITK's make pledges to villatalk on the basis of their faith in their information? I really ought to coff up some money for the running of the site so I'm going to give £10 to villatalk if we don't sign anyone and £20 if we do. I actually think it's more likely we will sign someone now but I'll be so pleased if/when we do (particularly if its the DM we need) that I'll pay more... However, if it's Reo-Coker or Eric Bakke all bets are off.

If we can tie up a short term deal for Danny Murphy and a slightly longer deal for Zat Knight to provide some solidity and presence at the back that would help a lot. Then we can maybe target one exciting attacking signing like Snodgrass or Peter Whittingham.

If we can tie up a short term deal for Danny Murphy and a slightly longer deal for Zat Knight to provide some solidity and presence at the back that would help a lot. Then we can maybe target one exciting attacking signing like Snodgrass or Peter Whittingham.

Zat Knight? I'd rather have Gladys Knight in the team than him.

Zat Knight? I'd rather have Gladys Knight in the team than him.

Zat Knight and Vlaar would make an excellent partnership. At least he wouldn't get bullied like our current crop of amateur defenders.

Said it in december and i'll say it again with 8 days to go!...

Forget about any top quality or even international players signing in january!..,

What type of proven player wants a clause written in his contract with a potential 50% pay cut should we be relegated!..