January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

if we lose to Bradford there will be a furore about needing to strengthen, some press reports will dredge up old quotes and spin making us think Lambert will sign someone or wants to. Then Lambert will relase another statement saying we definitely probably will never sign someone unless we sign someone style vague non-commital tinged comment. Everyone will rightly bleat and moan and then we'll sign a player out right or on loan come deadline day.

just an opinion but i think we'll sign 'a player' this window but no more than that.

"We've definitely got money to spend, but we might not sign anyone"

Is that the definition of an "ITK" covering all bases?

No, its being quite specific about something, yet having no idea or control over the ultimate outcome.

See the difference? Let me know if you need help.

My info comes indirectly from the top. What about you Cas?

If you're getting your info where I think you are, then I'm ITK too.

As are many people here are also ITK, if they took the time to read.

I also would agree with everything you said.

There is money available.

That we've not made signings yet is strategy. Keeping options open, including the option of sacking Lambert.

Absolutely??? 100%??? No doubt about it???

I wouldn't have thought so but let's see if you're right - nine days to wait

I appreciate that you may have some knowledge about our ability to deal in the transfer window and you have stated on many occasion your belief that nothing will happen, however I cannot be the only one who is beginning to find your constant harping on about this fact more than a little annoying. We get what you say and would appreciate it if perhaps you didnt keep posting the same stuff many many times in the same thread.

Edited by mykeyb

If you're getting your info where I think you are, then I'm ITK too.

As are many people here are also ITK, if they took the time to read.

I also would agree with everything you said.

There is money available.

That we've not made signings yet is strategy. Keeping options open, including the option of sacking Lambert.

I'm not sure what you mean but I doubt very much that it's from the same source.

And I hate the term ITK. I sometimes get to hear things, I sometimes chase them up, especially when I'm concerned.

I sometimes share them.

In this case, I know one thing and one thing only and only posted it because it's contradictary to what's being spread about by those I think are fantasists or are misinformed.

Whether anybody believes it or thinks its important or not is up to them.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean but I doubt very much that it's from the same source.

And I hate the term ITK. I sometimes get to hear things, I sometimes chase them up, especially when I'm concerned.

I sometimes share them.

In this case, I know one thing and one thing only and only posted it because it's contradictary to what's being spread about by those I think are fantasists or are misinformed.

Whether anybody believes it or thinks its important or not is up to them.

I'm referring to the letter that was posted to this forum.

It was well written, I think it's authentic.

How much more ITK than that do people want.

It basically said exactly what you are saying, so if you didn't get your info from that letter, your source provides a second confirmation of what's in it.

No, its being quite specific about something, yet having no idea or control over the ultimate outcome.

See the difference? Let me know if you need help.

The way I see it, we make a transfer, you're right.

We don't make a transfer, you're right.

Cold Reading 101.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating. It was really great when there was a separate thread for ITK stuff, then the average VT user could ignore all the nonsense that is spouted under that heading. The annoying thing is it becomes increasingly compulsive to look at this thread as time goes on and we fans get more desperate about the lack of signings. And all we find is this...

This year it seems to be worse because we have ITKs waving their willies at each other over who really knows the "truth".

"My info comes indirectly from the top."

Indeed.

I'm just off to hunt out some sick bags.

:angry:

I'm referring to the letter that was posted to this forum.

It was well written, I think it's authentic.

How much more ITK than that do people want.

It basically said exactly what you are saying, so if you didn't get your info from that letter, your source provides a second confirmation of what's in it.

If you mean the supposed letter from General Krulak, no. It's not based on that. I dont know if that's genuine or not but it wouldn't suprise me.

The way I see it, we make a transfer, you're right.

We don't make a transfer, you're right.

I agree. Why would I think I'm not right either way? You can have money and not spend it after all.

That would be foolish but it's not impossible.

I get it though. You think I'm a liar. No **** given.

Yeah but he's not said we are going to sign someone. He's simply saying we have money to spend. Whether we do or not is ultimately down to Lambert and only he knows what deals will be "worth it".

There's no right or wrong in what Mazrim is saying, all he's saying is that contrary to what others are posting, there is money to spend. I don't think he could give two shits about being right, it's more about just putting people at ease.

Edited by PieFacE

Right, now you go and find me where Lerner, Lambert and journos have said there is nothing to spend.

In fact only a day or two ago Pat Murphy said the opposite, as have Nursey and a few others and that's just the ones I'm aware of and I dont pay that much attetion to the press.

I dont expect you to trust me and quite frankly it doesn't bother me. I just know that what I've been told is solid and more reliable than any journalist or fantasist.

So what is it you think will happen - a signing? more than one? bargain basement squad players or first teamers? Please share

I agree. Why would I think I'm not right either way? You can have money and not spend it after all.

That would be foolish but it's not impossible.

I get it though. You think I'm a liar. No **** given.

I don't think you're necessarily a liar.

I just don't think what you've said is anything more than telling us the sky is blue or grass is green.

You've basically said we might make a signing, we might not.

Great.