January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Do we not remember how wonderful Hutton and Warnock were last season? Unless there's been a serious turnaround from them, they're not any kind of solution. They're not good enough, and they're not better than what's playing at the moment

You're probably right but they kept us up last year with some dogged defending near the end of the season. Points against Liverpool ans spurs were crucial.

Pains me to say it but I don't see how Hutton / Warnock can be any worse than Lichaj / Bennett

The experience could be invaluable in the run in

Looking forward to seeing Dunne / Vlaar partnership too

I'd also consider Given in for Guzan. Guzan fumbled that ball last night leading to WBA 2nd

Pains me to say it but I don't see how Hutton / Warnock can be any worse than Lichaj / Bennett

I'd also consider Given in for Guzan. Guzan fumbled that ball last night leading to WBA 2nd

Say what you want about Hutton and Warnock they can still manage the basics for the majority of the game. I.e. how to hold a line.

You're probably right but they kept us up last year with some dogged defending near the end of the season. Points against Liverpool ans spurs were crucial.

They were part of the reason why we were down there in the first place. They're shit.

I'm sorry but Guzan making one mistake does not provide any justification for dropping him. Ridiculous statement.

• Like 1

Yes, Warnock is shit and it's official because someone who changes his mind more often than a woman says so.

England always call upon shit fullbacks don't they?

Warnock is being paid an awful lot of money to play football and he is, at this present moment in time, a better left fullback than Bennett, Stevens or Lichaj.

It's time to put the 'Warnock said some nasty words about us and our city' tantrums aside and realise that we probably need his services until the end of the season.

• Like 1

Yes, Warnock is shit and it's official because someone who changes his mind more often than a woman says so.

Warnock is being paid an awful lot of money to play football and he is, at this present moment in time, a better left fullback than Bennett, Stevens or Lichaj.

It's time to put the 'Warnock said some nasty words about us and our city' tantrums aside and realise that we probably need his services until the end of the season.

I think if you'll look back at my posts and read them properly you'll find that I've been consistently saying Warnock is poor for nigh on 2 years now, unless of course you're referring to someone else.

Yes because the England team is fantastic isn't it? Besides, it was off the back of a good few months of form that was over 3 years ago now. Has he actually been called up to England recently? No, of course not, because he's been shit for the last few years.

Most people aren't against Warnock being in the team because of something like that they're against him in the team because they've seen him play shit for us week in week out.

Still an improvement on what we have though so there is no reason not to include them in the squad.

I disagree, certainly with Hutton. Lowton is far better at RB than he ever was and I'm not so sure that Warnock is a better option than Bennett/Stevens.

It's simply a case of absence making the heart grow fonder. Players always suddenly become better in the eyes of many fans when they don't play for a while.

Edited by Mantis

Well said. Warnock was never as bad as some made out him to be last season.

It's simply a case of absence making the heart grow fonder. Players always suddenly become better in the eyes of many fans when they don't play for a while.

No it's not.

No one thinks warnock and Hutton are better than they were last year, but last year we stayed up and let in less goals than we currently do.

Lambert has signed 3 defenders and created the worst the defence in the league.

Hutton for me is a big no for me. He has barely put a foot right since he joined the club; poor defender, walking yellow/red card and contributes almost nothing going forward. Why we would play he ahead of Lowton, who has been sound, sometimes very good, and has great potential.

Warnock is another matter. He clearly has ability, and has shown some form for us in the past, albeit infrequently. However, LB is a problem position for us, as is DCM where he did OK for a few games last season. For me, he is worth a punt, perhaps Milwall, if no-one else wants him. The fact that he is a tosser doesn't really come in to it - are there many footballers who aren't tossers nowadays?