January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

The lack of action in the market has cost us not only a cup final place, but sealed relegation. Simply wouldn't bother signing any players now just try and flog some before the inevitable fire sale in the summer (the complete opposite to the way Newcastle managed to get themselves promoted back up).

IMO there are only 4 club capable of going down this season and thats the bottom four atm.

Reading are definitely gone irrelevant of a decent run they're on. QPR will give it a good shot but its too late for them. Leaves us and wigan... my only worry is wigan live for this half of the season.

We need some real quality like when we did when bent arrived and basically saved us. Except we need it at the back this time :s

Reading are definitely gone irrelevant of a decent run they're on. QPR will give it a good shot but its too late for them. Leaves us and wigan... my only worry is wigan live for this half of the season.

If Reading win this weekend and we lose, they go above us and likely out of relegation zone. QPR are only 5 points off safety and Reading 3 points. It is tight as fook, I wouldn't rule any of them out.

So January 15th and finally have a link in Moussa Sissoko, then Kendrick said look on it as a "possible rather than a probable..." Come on Randy/Paul/Lambo, pull your finger out and get a bloody move on. We're going through such an important run of games now, we need these players bedded in as soon as possible if we to stand a much better chance of surviving!

IMO we're are down regardless of what January brings.

We have no confidence, we don't create, we don't score, we don't hold possession and we sure as hell can't defend.

2-3 players in during this window ain't going to change all of that.

We need to start planning now for at least one season in the Championship.

:(

The relegation race is far from over I reckon the other team are due there bad luck. I would say its out of the teams from 15th downwards Our poor form & luck can't continue for 17 more games

Edited by dakid007

Southampton have a game in hand and showed what good football they played when they battered us at they're place. On a good run and a signing or two i think maybe enough for them.

As for Newcastle i cant see them going down at all.

The game in hand is Chelsea away tomorrow night. I know QPR won there but you've got think they will do well to get a draw.

IMO we're are down regardless of what January brings.

We have no confidence, we don't create, we don't score, we don't hold possession and we sure as hell can't defend.

2-3 players in during this window ain't going to change all of that.

We need to start planning now for at least one season in the Championship.

:(

Agree, completely.

At the end of the Southampton game, we pretty much all acknowledged that we were going down. Now we're talking about signing French internationals on £70k+ a week? I can't see it happening, and even if it did, it would take a colossal change in attitude and confidence from the entire team to get us out of this mess.

Signing Sissoko would be lovely, but not realistic and would just be another player that we'll need to get rid of in the summer.

If Reading win this weekend and we lose, they go above us and likely out of relegation zone. QPR are only 5 points off safety and Reading 3 points. It is tight as fook, I wouldn't rule any of them out.

I agree also QPR have taken 4 points from 6 against 2 teams in the top 4 so I can easily see them picking up points.Honestly I think currently we are the worst team in the league.

Agree, completely.

At the end of the Southampton game, we pretty much all acknowledged that we were going down. Now we're talking about signing French internationals on £70k+ a week? I can't see it happening, and even if it did, it would take a colossal change in attitude and confidence from the entire team to get us out of this mess.

Signing Sissoko would be lovely, but not realistic and would just be another player that we'll need to get rid of in the summer.

Exactly.

Stephens from Charlton would be a good buy - but that is the level we are pitching at right now - the positive is that Bent aside, we could probably keep most of the squad together and make a decent stab at coming back up first time......

Yup, this would be my thinking too.

Get Stephens in, and any other players that will be happy to ride out the Championship with us. You would hope to be able to keep hold of Westwood, Lowton, Weimann and ideally Benteke, then build from there.

Sissoko would be another gamble, and if it doesnt work then it'll mean more financial strife for the club that could hamper our squad for next year.

Not really, no.

The club have done absolutely diddly squat of interest during my tenure on this planet, and in a weird way, I kind of agree. Though it will only be a slim silver lining on a big storm cloud in all honesty.