January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

in the same way it is difficult to blood Bowery, it is hard to carry Baker, Bennett, Stevens and Westwood - and that is not to say that all three haven't looked really promising and done well, but they can't play week in week out without mistakes and a steep learning curve.

KEA also hasn't adapted.

People call Bannan, Clark, Herd, Lichaj, Weiman, Delph inexperienced kids, but they are not, they have been involved in the first team for over three seasons now and consistently shown indifferent levels of form. I'm not saying they haven't deserved the chance Lambert has given them, but he has found out the same thing McCleish did, playing more than three of these players at a time is suicidal.

Remember when we had the likes of Hogg, Delf and Moore in the team? They also couldn't do a job consistently.

In order to excel with youth we need to have an experienced foundation to the team. Which is why we need at least two more defenders and two midfielders just to get us in some sort of shape.

Edited by VillanousOne

in the same way it is difficult to blood Bowery, it is hard to carry Baker, Bennett, Stevens and Westwood - and that is not to say that all three haven't looked really promising and done well, but they can't play week in week out without mistakes and a steep learning curve.

KEA also hasn't adapted.

People call Bannan, Clark, Herd, Lichaj, Weiman, Delph inexperienced kids, but they are not, they have been involved in the first team for over three seasons now and consistently shown indifferent levels of form. I'm not saying they haven't deserved the chance Lambert has given them, but he has found out the same thing McCleish did, playing more than three of these players at a time is suicidal.

Remember when we had the likes of Hogg, Delf and Moore in the team? They also couldn't do a job consistently.

In order to excel with youth we need to have an experienced foundation to the team. Which is why we need at least two more defenders and two midfielders just to get us in some sort of shape.

Well at least QPR help our plight again, we need Lambert to stick his neck out, because Redknapp is gonna go for it,

LB

Midfield Destroyer

Winger

Nr 10

Fox in the box

I'd say the priority is trying not to concede so many goals. We need every point we can get. We all hammered Mcliesh for playing for draws but now we are desperate for them. Slightly ironic.

We need a DC, DM, AM and a Winger. Maybe a LB. Don't see it though somehow. I actually think attacking signings are the most important. We have no quality linking midfield to our strikers meaning we can't exert any lasting pressure and end up constantly chasing shadows. Holman works hard but he's poor player. If we could keep possession going forward and get some decent balls into the box Benteke, Bent and Weimann are plenty good enough to score goals. I still think we'll be alright but we need at least 3 decent signings this window.

"Lerner, the Villa owner, suffered a painful afternoon on a rare visit on Saturday and must have wondered whether his £22 million outlay in the summer had been money well spent. It is often overlooked that Lambert was in the top six spenders but this transfer window will ultimately decide whether he emerges from this campaign with his reputation intact."

I think thats a very fair comment from that Telegraph article. Lerner has always spent more and more money. At some point he has to think "sod it". I know I would.