Jordan Graham

quizme

Yep agree. Lambert is not adversed to giving young players a go and it's not as if Graham has good wide men in front of him in the first team. At the moment we can't lose anything by giving the lad a go.

Ive not seen the lad so won't comment on him directly.

However our over reliance on youth has been pretty disastrous - of young players currently in the team, Herd, Bannan, Lichaj,albrighton - they seem at best low grade premiership players - they certainly aren't going to push us on to the next level. It seems the club is slowly learning that an all conquering youth team - doesn't necessarily translate into premiership players on the pitch. If Jordan Graham is the exception then fine.

It is a strange one as when Kevin Mac was our temp caretaker manager Albrighton looked great like he was going to push on and be our 'Milner' replacement.

Since then the lad seems to have gone to **** and lost his way a bit.

KMAC only left last summer..... Beyond his first few games Albrighton has looked woeful - I don't think KMAC has anything to do that. Any premiership player will be required to perform under different managers

our youth players are all light weight. hence why most of them cannot make the jump upto the Premier League.

Daniel Johnson imo may be the only player with decent size in the future who could hold his own.

KMAC only left last summer..... Beyond his first few games Albrighton has looked woeful - I don't think KMAC has anything to do that. Any premiership player will be required to perform under different managers

I am sure it was the summer before last was it not smetrov?

Sorry that came over wrong, I didn't mean it was down to Kevin mac what I meant was it was at that time I last remember Albrighton playing up to prem standards and not solely about who was the manager at the time.

I am sure it was the summer before last was it not smetrov?

Sorry that came over wrong, I didn't mean it was down to Kevin mac what I meant was it was at that time I last remember Albrighton playing up to prem standards and not solely about who was the manager at the time.

I thought KMAC left shortly after lambert arrived.

Yes - Albrightons best form was when he first got into the team after MON left. He quickly faded though - a couple more good games under Houllier - and thats it. Its not untypical for a young player to dazzle at first , but then be unable to sustain that level of performance. What does amaze me is why people are so puzzled by it - it happens with so many young players

• 4 weeks later...

Andy I see where you are coming from and mostly agree but I am going to disagree ever so slightly with you. From what I have seen, he should dribble as much as he wants he has the touch and potential to beat anyone. I would say that he needs to make sure he is always dribbling for a purpose, not just to show off or just for that sake of it. Always looking for the cross, through ball or shooting oppourtunity that should always be the point! A lot of youngsters with great skill seem to dribble as to show off and hog the limelight, because they want everyone to know how superior they are. So long as he is dribbling in order to make something happen, eventually his dribbling skills should reach a level where he can do pretty much whatever he wants on the pitch, thats what his potential is.

I see a player that can be whatever he wants, the talent is prodigous, just needs to stay grounded, work hard and be confident. Those are three big if's though as with any youngster. Albrighton when he broke through had all three, but lost his confidence and now look at him. Delfouneso lacks the confidence, he's too soft! Luke Moore lacked the work ethic and couldn't stay grounded, the same with Forrester. Time will tell whether JG has the mentality, but the talent is wonderful!

• 1 month later...

Most footballers have unfounded talent what seperates them is having the ability to do it when other talented players try to stop you.Philosopher is right in what he says.

Application is an essential ingredient and effectiveness towards the performance/result is paramount.

There used to be a player at the Albion called David Burnside and our very own Mark Burke ... both could make a ball talk, balancing & juggling for fun, could'nt play much though.

• 3 months later...

our youth players are all light weight. hence why most of them cannot make the jump upto the Premier League.

Daniel Johnson imo may be the only player with decent size in the future who could hold his own.

when you are lightweight, you need to be an exceptional talent to make up the difference.

sadly ,to date ,ours seem relatively talented and without power and presence thats difficult to make effect.

For a club like villa is should be mixture - of youth players, lower league bargains, and then top dollar for the seasoned pro's.

The idea that the club was\is  sitting on 8 or 9 premiership qualities in its academy is folly in the extreme. The odd one or two may make it. I don't watch the reserves - but from what I have seen entering the first team only Weiman looks good enough over the last few seasons.

That isn't academy bashing - no academy pumps out 8 or 9 quality players at a time.

• 6 months later...
Â