Stewart Downing

freddybouma123

He's not as shit as he's been for Liverpool. He can't possibly be. It just makes me wonder how he went from the goals and assists he managed for Villa to absolutely nothing in a teams that is *supposed to be* better than Villa....

*were. We might not be very good at the moment, but Liverpool are no better.

the way kenny used him last season has ruined him, no balance to the team and no one in the middle, there was a great chalkboard in the times (?) at one point last season that showed in one game he had something like 30 touches whilst on the wing and only put 1 cross in, 20 something passes backwards

id have him back for about £5m because there is a good player in there somewhere the biggest problem would be the length of time it would take to get his confidence back, i think his 1st year would be every bit as bad as his 1st year last time

Heard a rumour up here in the north east that he may be going back to middlesbrough on loan.

Not ITK or anything just something a lad from Middlesbrough told me he had heard.

Can't see it happening myself with them lacking attacking options

A player that MON made look good in HIS system, and can't adapt.

Not true, only played under Mon for 6 months, played his best football under houllier who got the ball too him on the wing to put the ball in the box. The way he left put a bad taste in the mouth saying he would sign a deal even if we got relegated and the handing in a transfer request, he may have backed out of 50/50 tackles, failed to track back but his forward play was fantastic. At the reported £5million is drive up there to pick him up myself.

I'd be quite impartial to him coming back if the price were reasonable...say 6 million tops. He is a clearing in the woods, but pretty much after he left, I stopped disliking players who left us because as long as there is money in the game, the shit will always happen. Barry can come back too if he wants.

For me we purchased the wrong player when purchasing Downing. We should have purchased Johnson, but at 5m and playing under a manager who believes in him, yes i'd take him back, but only on wages on parity with his ability.

Downing is better than anyone we've got on the left but the way we nursed him back to form and then he repaid us by buggering off at the first opportunity means that he ain't worth touching with a bargepole. I also don't think he was all that good for us, certainly not for £12million and he wouldnt be any good for Lambert either.

I'd like to see Lambert reacting kindly to Stewie pulling out of tackles and looking all lost and isolated on the left. The guy just doesnt get involved enough and is too cowardly.

He deserves to rot at a mid-table club like Liverpool. The grass ain't always greener, is it?

Â