Stewart Downing

freddybouma123

As shit as he's been at Liverpool, I'd say he's still done more there than CNZ has doen here

That's debatable.

CNZ has scored 2 goals and got a handful of assists.

Downing has 1 goal and 1 assist? And the goal came in the League Cup if I remember correctly.

You should also assume that Downing should get more assists just because of the calibre of striker he's crossing to, and his teams expectations for goals. Liverpool should be scoring more goals than us, so he should be getting more assists. He's not, and that's one of the reasons Liverpool can't score. 20m vs 12m also. And Downing has played more games. All in all, I'd say Downing was more of a flop, but he has more potential to refind his old form, and has a better resale value.

That's debatable.

Downing has 1 goal and 1 assist? And the goal came in the League Cup if I remember correctly.

You should also assume that Downing should get more assists just because of the calibre of striker he's crossing to, and his teams expectations for goals. Liverpool should be scoring more goals than us, so he should be getting more assists. He's not, and that's one of the reasons Liverpool can't score. 20m vs 12m also. And Downing has played more games. All in all, I'd say Downing was more of a flop, but he has more potential to refind his old form, and has a better resale value.

You say that it's downings fault that Liverpool aren't scoring and that they have a better calibre of striker.. whilst Suarez is undoubtedly a talented footballer his finishing at times can be woeful... Yes he scores some sublime goals but at the same time he misses a hell of a lot... There were many times last season when downing put in some great crosses and through balls which Suarez squandered. A low confidence downing in my eyes would still add more than anyone we have on the left at the moment. And yes agreed that downing has more potential than cnz

personally im not bothered how downing has done at liverpool..the fact is downing was & is much better than cnz at villa, i carnt seen cnz ever doing it week in & out at villa.. i think downing would be a top signing again for villa..better than what got? yes!

That's debatable.

I don't care about the stats. If they were vastly different (like 10 assists and 10 goals vs 1 assist and 1 goal) then they'd be relevant. When they're both so small I don't think it really matters.

Neither does the transfer fee have any relevance whatsoever.

I've watched them both play, and Downing has been better for Liverpool than N'Zogbia has been for us.

Don't get me wrong, they've both been basically shit.

Downing's just been slightly less shit.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Downing back if it meant he played as well as he did just before he left. I don't think he would though, because his head is gone.

He couldn't live up to the pressure of his big transfer fee at Liverpool. Coming back here would just be more pressure that his fragile little head couldn't handle: having to live up to his pre-departure form, having to win over fans who legitimately hate him for the way he left and wanting to prove to Liverpool/the world in general that his shit form was due to mismanagement. He'd have to develop a stronger backbone than I believe him to have.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Downing back if it meant he played as well as he did just before he left. I don't think he would though, because his head is gone.

He couldn't live up to the pressure of his big transfer fee at Liverpool. Coming back here would just be more pressure that his fragile little head couldn't handle: having to live up to his pre-departure form, having to win over fans who legitimately hate him for the way he left and wanting to prove to Liverpool/the world in general that his shit form was due to mismanagement. He'd have to develop a stronger backbone than I believe him to have.

QPR in January?

Hoilett - Granero - Diakite - Downing

-------- Taraabt ------------------------

------------------ Zamora --------------

Not actually that bad. I can't see anyone else wanting to pay what Liverpool will want for him, otherwise I reckon he'd do a nice job for someone like Reading or Southampton, crossing for Lambert or Pogrebnyak.

Â