General England thread

kurtsimonw

We must surely be the worst team going to Brazil

Stop the needless negativity. Although they definitely won't win it, Australia,Iran, Mexico, Switzerland and some of the playoff winners who we don't know yet are much worse

I wouldn't say we are better than Mexico for definite, Switzerland aren't a bad team next to ours either. I'm not sure on Australia's form. This is the first world cup that I've ever thought we have absolutely no chance at all

Edited by villaguy

I feel no pain when we lose, yet I feel no jubilation when we are winning, international football means nothing to me. We're just a mediocre team, it's like watching a David O'Leary Villa

Why watch then? I have absolutely no interest in jabbing forks in my eyes, but I don't feel the need to tell everyone that...

Sometimes watching England is like jabbing a fork in your eye...

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Stop the needless negativity. Although they definitely won't win it, Australia,Iran, Mexico, Switzerland and some of the playoff winners who we don't know yet are much worse

I wouldn't say we are better than Mexico for definite, Switzerland aren't a bad team next to ours either. I'm not sure on Australia's form. This is the first world cup that I've ever thought we have absolutely no chance at all

Australia struggled to qualify, and have lost their last 2 games 6-0. They are also now managerless. It's safe to say England are a better team then Australia. Also Switzerland had the easiest group ever, not may of their players would get in the England team. Mexico are really poor at the moment, 4th in the CONCACAF section.

Pretty sure Iran aren't hosts and even our Aussie residents admit this is a relatively poor Australia at the moment. England are far from the worst team going to Brazil. You won't win it despite what your media will shove down our throats over the next 8 months but you'll be fine. Expect another quarter final elimination.

• Like 1

I agree that we have no chance but to say we are the worst team going is frankly ridiculous, 

• Like 1

Gerrard is well past his prime, are there no better options?

Are you watching the game? Gerrard been terrific.

if this is the best England performance you've seen in many a year then yes I am, unless your many a year only means a few years

You've just qualified for the world cup so enjoy.

Pretty sure Iran aren't hosts and even our Aussie residents admit this is a relatively poor Australia at the moment. England are far from the worst team going to Brazil. You won't win it despite what your media will shove down our throats over the next 8 months but you'll be fine. Expect another quarter final elimination.

Australia struggled to qualify, and have lost their last 2 games 6-0. They are also now managerless. It's safe to say England are a better team then Australia. Also Switzerland had the easiest group ever, not may of their players would get in the England team. Mexico are really poor at the moment, 4th in the CONCACAF section.

From what I've seen Switzerland play a good game, it's not always about the individuals

We have some exciting players thats for sure! We won't do much but its great to be at a world cup in Brazil!!

Agreed. I think some fans like to just look forward to watching their team in the World Cup. Why has it got to be "Oh well we won't win it". So? Who cares, we're not expected to win it, we don't expect to win it. 

• Like 1

We have some exciting players thats for sure! We won't do much but its great to be at a world cup in Brazil!!

On a side note... How good is Townsend?!!

He's been a revelation. We've seen many players with similar attributes who are afraid to have a go so its so refreshing to see a player play without any fear. He will be a threat to any defence. Wellbeck is rubbish though isn't he.

Agreed. I think some fans like to just look forward to watching their team in the World Cup. Why has it got to be "Oh well we won't win it". So? Who cares, we're not expected to win it, we don't expect to win it. 

It's great to watch them compete undoubtedly, but it's great thinking that they have an outside chance of winning too. I'm not even getting a hint of that niggle of a feeling this time. England as the Birthplace of the game and having a massive football industry should be able to achieve those expectations that in my opinion. Or am I being too harsh?  

It's great to watch them compete undoubtedly, but it's great thinking that they have an outside chance of winning too. I'm not even getting a hint of that niggle of a feeling this time. England as the Birthplace of the game and having a massive football industry should be able to achieve those expectations that in my opinion. Or am I being too harsh?  

No I don't think so but expectations have dropped. Even at home we would struggle to win it but in Brazil its impossible!

• Like 1

It's great to watch them compete undoubtedly, but it's great thinking that they have an outside chance of winning too. I'm not even getting a hint of that niggle of a feeling this time. England as the Birthplace of the game and having a massive football industry should be able to achieve those expectations that in my opinion. Or am I being too harsh?
Villa created league football do you expect us to win the league? Edited by mikeyp102

Â