Why I am a part of CouchSurfing

ClaretMahoney

Well, selfishly I am going to link my video on YouTube. I'm trying to win this video competition for a Round the World plane ticket. Ifyou could please please please goto my link, watch the video on YouTube (takes 3 minutes) and then give me a thumbs up just above the play button on YouTube. I would much appreciate it. And please share if you feel inclined! Thanks!!

Click me

Edited by bickster
You might get more likes if its not actually embedded in the forum

Good video. I liked it. I'm too suspicious to allow complete strangers onto my sofa, I wish I wasn't, but struggle to trust someone I don't know.

Yea I was at the start too, but they're hardly strangers after you read their profile, references and look at their photos. Most of them time that's a good way of deciding if you're gonna get on well with your host/guest. From there it's often times very fluid and communal in that you already seem to know them right off the bat. Maybe I'm just a hippy though

That was much better than I was expecting. Not cringe at all

I've done some couchsurfing, but it kinda made me dislike people. People send me requests without their profile filled out, with just a copy and paste message (often without even changing the name) and have no couchsurfing or hosting experience. I don't know if it's me not getting it , or them not getting it, but when I see ten of these messages in my inbox everyday, it leads me to think that some people are just taking advantage. I've hosted people who used all the hot water every morning before I got up. Left a heater on 24 hours in the spare room in my apartment for the entire time they were here, even though I offered them blankets. I also saw them for maybe ten minutes over the two nights.

I've hosted some great people and had some excellent times, but it's too often a reminder that people will look to profit from the kindness of strangers.

Good luck with the competition

Great video with a great message. Im a bit of a wallflower so would never have the guts to do such a thing but its inspiring none the less. Liked and commented chap. Best of luck! :thumb:

Yeah lots of emphasis clapping at the start of the video. Reminded me of an episode of The Life and Times of Tim called 'Nagging Blonde', which no one has seen, but that Saul Goodman is in

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!!

You guys are awesome I knew i could count on some of you! I hope more of you see this and give me a Like.

@ ED, totally an affect from Mac PhotoBooth downloaded pack

I get the Heath Ledger thing ALOT.

I've got a 192 other videos to compete with, but don't worry, I'm in the front of the pack. A few videos have more likes, 3 to be exact. They have me beat by a few hundred Likes. That can all change with YOUR HELP though.

I was getting my ass kicked by a video that has now been removed due to violation of YouTube, so fingers crossed I can get 1000 more likes and I think it would seal the deal. Any ideas on how to get more Likes anyone? Is anyone an IT guru that could set me up with more viewership and votes?

Thanks again everyone, really appreciate it. If I do win the ticket I'm definitely coming to Brum for a Villa match or two.

Cheers! UP THE VILLA! (AND COUCHSURFING)

Â