Player ratings so far..

Delphinho123

I know its still early on, but it seems there is such a difference in opinion of players performances for the first few games of the season.

So all things taken into consideration, how have the players (out of 10) performed so far this season in your opinion?

For me:

Guzan: 8

Holman: 7

Lowton: 7

Ireland: 7

Vlaar: 6

Clark: 6

Delph: 6

Bennett: 6

Bannan: 6

Agbonlahor: 6

Bent: 6

KEA: 5

Westwood: 5

Albrighton: 5

Benteke: 5

N'Zogbia: 5

Given: 5

Lichaj: 5

I know its hard to tell with some players because they have only played 90 mins or so, but thats how I feel we have started the season. A lot of work still needed to be done.

Lowton: 7

Ireland: 7

Vlaar: 6

Bennett: 7

Bannan: 6

Agbonlahor: 7

KEA: 6

Westwood: Haven't seen enough of him

Albrighton: 6

Benteke: 6

Given: 6

Lichaj: 6

I went through the match threads and took the mean average of all the team ratings posted for all the matches bar Man City due to there being no ratings posted in that match thread.

Guzan - 7.1

Vlaar - 6.7

KEA - 6.6

Ireland - 6.5

Holman - 6.3

Wiemann - 6.2

Delph - 6.2

Lowton - 6.1

Bannan - 6.1

Gabby - 6.1

Bennett - 6.1

Clark - 5.9

Lichaj - 5.8

Albrighton - 5.8

Bent - 5.6

Benteke - 5.6

Baker - 5.3

Herd - 4.6

N'zogbia - 4.3

Given - 4.3

Westwood - 4.3

Delfounso - 3.3

Stevens - 6 (only 1 cup game and 1 rating)

IMO, the results reflect a certain amount of bias against Lichaj and Clark. Overall ratings seem fair enough.

I went through the match threads and took the mean average of all the team ratings posted for all the matches bar Man City due to there being no ratings posted in that match thread.

:shock:

Good effort.

Vlaar: 8

KEA: 7.5

Delph: 7

Bannan: 7

Agbonlahor: 7

Holman: 6.5

Lowton: 6.5

Ireland: 6.5

Benteke: 6.5

Albrighton: 6.5

Bennett: 6

Given: 6

Lichaj: 6

Westwood: Not enough time

You kidding ??

No, not at all - I think he's been really good. I find it absurd that people are blaming him for the goal yesterday, Long just got ridiculously lucky.

You kidding ??

No, not at all - I think he's been really good. I find it absurd that people are blaming him for the goal yesterday, Long just got ridiculously lucky.

Totally agree. Vlaar looks a Premiership player, our best signing so far.

Think Vlaar has looked slightly dodgy at times, especially against Southampton.

Starting to be a bit disappointed with KEA. Not looking like the player i thought we were getting. Looks weak, not great at tackling and doesn't do enough to help the team attack.

Lowton and Bennett look pretty good so far, I'm hoping to see more of their attacking side soon though.

Benteke looks completely raw. I think he has the attributes but its going to take him awhile before he is ready to start week in week out.

Westwood looked so far off the pace when he came on that he can't be judged and I seriously doubt we will see much of him in the premiership this season.

So far it looks promising but still not 100% confident that these players will keep us away from relegation this year.

Lowton: 6.5

Ireland: 6.5

Vlaar: 7.5

Clark: 6.5

Bennett: 5.5

Bannan: 5.5

Agbonlahor: 5.5

KEA: 6

Westwood: 5

Albrighton: 6

Benteke: 5

Given: 5

Lichaj: 4

Disagree, as an individual he's looked good but as our captain and most senior defender he hasn't done enough to organise and motivate the young lads around him.

I agree, he doesn't seem to be the vocal commander we need out there. On effort alone, I think Holman should get the armband, personally.

You kidding ??

Im with CI on this one, Vlaar was diabolical against Everton and Southampton and was suspect against WBA.

He is a decent player but he is nowhere near as good as Mellberg or Laursen.

Some people have mentioned him in the same breath as McGrath which is laughable to say the least. Im not convinced by him, some of his positional play is appauling

Â