Player ratings so far..

Delphinho123

Nobody really above a 6 maybe Guzan , Holman and KEA 6.5 but early days yet . Football a lot better was always gooing to be like this , this season imo

This or +1 or however i am meant to advise these are also my thoughts. Holman, KEA and Guzan are our best performers. I think Guzan has been ok as with the other 2 but feel people overrate because he has a cult status

Guzan: 7

Vlaar: 7

KEA: 7

Delph: 6

Bannan: 6

Agbonlahor: 6

Holman: 7

Lowton: 6

Ireland: 6

Benteke: 6

Albrighton: 6

Clark: 6

Bennett: 6

Bent: 6

Given: 6

Lichaj: 6

N'Zogbia: 5

where 10 is maradonna and 1 is your mom.

I'd say this. Maybe I'd give Clark a 7 and Benteke a 5, but that might be a bit geberous to Clark and harsh on Benteke. And KEA is a weak 7, IMO. I think Vlaar has been one of our most solid players so far. Yes, suspect against Everton, like the whole team if I'm nice to them, and I didn't see the game against so'ton, but in the rest of the games he's been very good I think.

Vlaar played well at Newcastle and against Swansea. His other performances have been a bit ragged, particularly at St Marys and yesterday.

do me a favor - go and rewatch the footage from the other games...

Vlaar's 'ragged' displays are caused by the central midfielders failing to provide even the slightest protection for the defence (see after Ireland went off against soton) and him having to also cover for the glaring lack of positional awareness of the fullbacks and his central defensive partner because they lack experience.

As for people saying he should be marshalling them better - its hard for 1 man to control the movements of three and that he looks head and shoulders one of the best central defenders in the league so far this season in such an inexperienced defence shows he is a class act.

If you dont think he has played well this season i think you need to consider interest in another sport tbh

Agree there, Vlaar is o.k but no more than that, I think he'll be found out in November when we play the better teams. Would rather have kept Carlos from what I've seen.

seriously? Watch a few of sunderlands games this season - he's been WOEFUL

lost any little pace that he had and his decision making for them has been beyond questionable

fortunately for hm he's gotten away with it so far but his luck cant hold

No it wasn't. We were actually fairly crap 1st half at St Mary's too.

You prove once again CI that we can safely skip past your posts in the knowledge that the content is utter drivel.

There is no way that Westwoods performances this season are worse than Ireland's on any planet or parallel universe.

Â