Westwood: 6

Albrighton: 7

Weimann: 7

Benteke: 6

N'Zogbia: 6

Given: 5

Lichaj: 6

Baker: 6

Can't believe you are questioning peoples ratings in here and have rated Ireland below Westwood. Regardless of the expectations of him or his wages he has clearly been the better of the two.

Westwood gets a 6 for a good debut vs Swansea. It would have been 7 but for a difficult game at St Marys albeit he was dropped into the game at an awful time.

Ireland continues to underwhelm. His miss at Newcastle cost is two points and his only contribution is an assist at St Mary's and that was a woeful miscued shot that ended up as a pass. 5 max.

Westwood gets a 6 for a good debut vs Swansea. It would have been 7 but for a difficult game at St Marys albeit he was dropped into the game at an awful time.

Ireland continues to underwhelm. His miss at Newcastle cost is two points and his only contribution is an assist at St Mary's and that was a woeful miscued shot that ended up as a pass. 5 max.

Can't agree with this.

Westwood coming on to replace Ireland was a major factor in Southampton turning us over that day. Most people acknowledge this.

Im with CI on this one, Vlaar was diabolical against Everton and Southampton and was suspect against WBA.

He is a decent player but he is nowhere near as good as Mellberg or Laursen.

Some people have mentioned him in the same breath as McGrath which is laughable to say the least. Im not convinced by him, some of his positional play is appauling

Some people implies that it's plural. Please , please show me just one person who has done this !!!

For his size "Concrete" Ron seems a bit pliable. Ok I can forgive Ricki Lambert giving him a tough time as he's a unit too and technically very good, but the amount of aerial stuff he lost to Shane Long was a concern. Then again Long does judge his run up leaps incredibly well.

Immensely generous ratings in this thread!

So far I wouldn't give anyone above a 6* and most would be fighting to hang on to their 5.

(*Well, maybe Guzan 7 but that's it. It's been mostly poor and stop-go as far as form is concerned.)

So far I wouldn't give anyone above a 6* and most would be fighting to hang on to their 5.

(*Well, maybe Guzan 7 but that's it. It's been mostly poor and stop-go as far as form is concerned.)

So it's everyone else being wrong and you're not? :lol:

)

Depends what your baseline is. One persons 7 maybe someone else's 6 and vice versa. It's all relative anyway within each posters scoring matrix.

Holman then maybe Gabby, Bannan and Lowton?

)

Depends what your baseline is. One persons 7 maybe someone else's 6 and vice versa. It's all relative anyway within each posters scoring matrix.

If that's true, I think you've just torpedoed this thread, and any other that uses player ratings!

On the overall ratings, we have struggled to 15th in the league so far, so I can't see how 7s & 8s are justified in anyone's scale.

)

There are ways around that...

If I can be arsed, I might hack together a perl script to take that into account.

Guzan: 7

Vlaar: 7

KEA: 7

Delph: 6

Bannan: 6

Agbonlahor: 6

Holman: 7

Lowton: 6

Ireland: 6

Benteke: 6

Albrighton: 6

Clark: 6

Bennett: 6

Bent: 6

Given: 6

Lichaj: 6

N'Zogbia: 5

where 10 is maradonna and 1 is your mom.

Â