Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

The Sky commentator just referred to Spurs as "Tottenham daredevils"

Honestly so tired of the media wankfest over them.

Big club don't you know 🤣

14 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anyone catch MOTD2? 

Zero analysis on Villa's play, the pen appeal, just all about everton. 

Doesn't surprise me in  the slightest the BBC rubbing one off over Everton. Victims, just like their red counterparts , League has it in for them, proper football club...  

Goldstein at it again on Talksport.

"Will Tottenham end up in the top 4 above Arsenal, an if Man City win the title which is likely, could they even catch Liverpool before the end of the season".

Someone missing maybe? Absolute word removed he really is!

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Goldstein at it again on Talksport.

"Will Tottenham end up in the top 4 above Arsenal, an if Man City win the title which is likely, could they even catch Liverpool before the end of the season".

Someone missing maybe? Absolute word removed he really is!

Never listened to Talk Sport and never will. However, why do people who do listen to ot hate it so much and yet continue to listen to it? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Never listened to Talk Sport and never will. However, why do people who do listen to ot hate it so much and yet continue to listen to it? 

I just have it on in the car, wouldn't put it on in the house really.

My old mate , Danny Murphy now with narrative 101 of why we can not win the league/qualify for the Champions League is non of our players have experienced the pressure of being in the mix so Will basically bottle it. If only we had a manager experienced in such endeavour’s to guide them along

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My old mate , Danny Murphy now with narrative 101 of why we can not win the league/qualify for the Champions League is non of our players have experienced the pressure of being in the mix so Will basically bottle it. If only we had a manager experienced in such endeavour’s to guide them along

In fairness we only have one World Cup winner and some Europa and Conference league winners and the odd league title

Players played for poor small European teams like Barcelona, Marseille, Sevilla and PSG etc

Edited by Zatman

Another great one was that ex Tottenham, Wolves wife beater saying that Ollie Watkins cannot keep on scoring every game, and when he stops, it will hurt us, not realising that he’d only scored one in four anyway, make it up as they go along

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

In fairness we only have one World Cup winner and some Europa and Conference league winners and the odd league title

Players played for poor small European teams like Barcelona, Marseille, Sevilla and PSG etc

I hate to give credit to Danny Murphy, but I think this is a completely reasonable point he's making. 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I hate to give credit to Danny Murphy, but I think this is a completely reasonable point he's making. 

I dont know, we wont win the league but I could think of other reasons why we wont instead of lack of title winning experience but that would involve Murphy doing research

I dont think Danny Murphy made the same point about Liverpool in 2019/20 who mainly only had Milner who won leagues 😝

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

How many of Newcastle's players had been in contention for the CL before last season? 🤔

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Looking at our team of a WC winner, Europa Cup winners, league winners in multiple countries, CL Regulars from teams like Barcelona or PSG, internationals from France, Brazil, Italy, Spain , Belgium, I think it's a shitty point Murphy is making. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

How many of Newcastle's players had been in contention for the CL before last season? 🤔

It's (obviously) harder to win the league than to finish in the top 4. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Looking at our team of a WC winner, Europa Cup winners, league winners in multiple countries, CL Regulars from teams like Barcelona or PSG, internationals from France, Brazil, Italy, Spain , Belgium, I think it's a shitty point Murphy is making. 

Have any of our players won the league in a big 5 country?

I think it's not at all unreasonable to think that City's players - and to a lesser extent Liverpool's  - have 'been here before' in a way that ours have not. We saw with Arsenal last year that even a big lead can be blown; Man City could easily win 13, 14, 15 of their remaining games so you would need to win more or less every single game to beat them, and I think it's implausible to suggest that that's purely about footballing ability and not a challenge that it's in any way related to mentality. 

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's (obviously) harder to win the league than to finish in the top 4. 

Have any of our players won the league in a big 5 country?

I think it's not at all unreasonable to think that City's players - and to a lesser extent Liverpool's  - have 'been here before' in a way that ours have not. We saw with Arsenal last year that even a big lead can be blown; Man City could easily win 13, 14, 15 of their remaining games so you would need to win more or less every single game to beat them, and I think it's implausible to suggest that that's purely about footballing ability and not a challenge that it's in any way related to mentality. 

Lenglet, Digne and Diaby have won league titles in Spain and France so has Unai and Pako

Tielemans, Dendoncker and Zaniolo have won in Belgium and Turkey

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Oh yeah I remember Leicester had a team of multiple league winning players when they won the Premier League. What an absolute tool of a miserable plonker he is

It's not remotely the same situation. In 15/16, Klopp had only just joined Liverpool, and City were still managed by Pellegrini. Neither club had the benefit of more than half a decade of dominance over the league that they do now. At 21 gameweeks, Leicester were joint top, not two points off it. In the end the clubs that got closest to Leicester were Arsenal and Spurs, two other sides with no experience of winning a league. 

Â