Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Loves the Villa still though, like Collymore, an he ain't everyones favourite.

I like Lee, and he's a Villan, but he needs to learn that sometimes less is more in match commentary. You don't always have to talk as soon as the main commentator pauses. I always end up tuning him out entirely after being annoyed for 20 minutes.

On 11/11/2023 at 16:22, Zatman said:

a disgraceful piece of arrogant journalism 

Possibly the worst thing i've seen all year in terms of journalism. Of course it comes from talkshite. 

This is the same bloke who broke the news we were about to sign oxlade chamberlain.

Well done to evan for showing a look of disgust

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 18:02, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure it's that unreasonable to ask him whether he has ambitions to play international tournament football one day but was a bit clumsily put.

I bet he wouldn't ask Erling Haaland the same question

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Possibly the worst thing i've seen all year in terms of journalism. Of course it comes from talkshite. 

This is the same bloke who broke the news we were about to sign oxlade chamberlain.

Well done to evan for showing a look of disgust

It is funny to see the Irish reaction when the shoe is on the other foot.   

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm really enjoying Stephen Warnock's match commentary and studio/podcast commentary for NBC. Clear, concise, and he is well informed on Villa. 

The none big name players are generally better pundits. The "names" like Henry and Ferdinand are generally useless. 

• Like 1

Andy Goldstein at it again on TalkSport. Caller phones in talking about Chelsea his team may have turned a corner, Goldshite laughs, so caller mentions how shite Man are, Goldshite then decides to kick off at the caller "why mention Man U, they are better than Chelsea because they are above them", wouldn't drop it,  got quite rude with the caller. Proper word removed he is, funny though, can see him getting slated onTwitter tonight, all deserved.

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Very much this…

He's awful sometimes. He's improved quite a bit over the years, but the social media age and thirst for "quotables" have exalted Drury to insane levels. Anybody can write some alliterative nonsense before the match and then yell it out, but commentary is a lot more than that and he lacks at some key aspects. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Every time I read this thread I wonder why people listen to Talksport. 

I just listen on the way home in the car talking calls and emails. I can't dp anything with music on.

To be fair the mornings are not to bad with Mcoist, then it's Simon Jordon 1000 till 1300, then it's Hawkbee and Jacobs which has the weekend game round up, but then it's Goldshite and Darren Bent. Benty's okay, but I do not understand who would appreciate the ego mad Goldstein, he is terrible, typical United fan too.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I just listen on the way home in the car talking calls and emails. I can't dp anything with music on.

To be fair the mornings are not to bad with Mcoist, then it's Simon Jordon 1000 till 1300, then it's Hawkbee and Jacobs which has the weekend game round up, but then it's Goldshite and Darren Bent. Benty's okay, but I do not understand who would appreciate the ego mad Goldstein, he is terrible, typical United fan too.

But you can dp to talksport?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Eh? 

The only players the Irish media complain about if any, is the 2 that stole caps

This would be like an Irish journalist asking Bellingham or Kane why they didn't choose to play for Ireland despite being eligible

Â