Media and punditry

BOF

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I haven't actually paid much attention to this, but wasn't the theory she advanced something along the lines of getting another club to bid for a player you want might put a rocket up your owner's arse about getting his wallet out?

Yes that was what she said. She would persuade a rival team to bid for a player her team was interested in.  The idea being that the owner of her club would then be forced to increase their offer if they wanted the player.

Quite why she thinks it's a good idea to declare this (clearly made up) activity she does is beyond me. No one will hire her again. And the fact is a rival would never do that to help you sign a player. It's so weird.

In the later video she backtracked and said she only called them to find out what their max offer would be and that she didn't mean what she said before. Again, her back track position is even more farcical because a rival will never tell you what they're willing to sign a player for. Not sure what planet she's living in, but it isn't ours

• Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 06:38, JPJCB said:

You’re the one who brought race into it? You said she was only hired for diversity reasons

7 hours ago, Harkanon said:

It's just forever young being forever old. Forgetfulness comes with age. Light a match and then claim you weren't the firestarter. Whistles.

Yeah sorry boys your right, it's not just to make up the numbers, true professional especially with comments like this. 

Screenshot_20230704_203147_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Something going on isn't there? Stelling, Tyler and now Shreeves

Are the Saudi's setting up their own version of Sky Sports?!

3 useless clearings in the woods. Sky might have finally just realised to move the garbage on. Redknapp be next

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Aluko at it again trashing paddy kenny this time 

Something not right with her. I think she is awful pundit personally. So glad she left us

She's a horrible racist who publicly admitted to transfer fraud and manipulating her own football club. 

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah sorry boys you’re right, it's not just to make up the numbers, true professional especially with comments like this. 

Screenshot_20230704_203147_Chrome.jpg

Just to be clear, I’ve never defended Aluko for anything she said. My point was that you were applying higher standards to aluko based on the assertion with no evidence that she was only on talksport for “diversity reasons”. As I said before plenty of other pundits say stupid stuff all the time and are unprofessional off camera (see keys, gray, carragher spitting etc). 

You then implied that people were being told they couldnt criticise Aluko because she was black. You didn’t hear that from me. Go ahead and criticise her for what she said which was stupid. But you’re the one who wants to bring race into it?

You’re now using the attached screen grab where she accuses others of having racial motivations for their criticism as some kind of gotcha. I’m not really sure why since it doesn’t respond to any of my criticisms of what you were saying. To the contrary, ironically much of what you’ve said in this thread does seem to be holding her to a higher standard than other pundits just because she’s black so maybe she has a point? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

3 useless clearings in the woods. Sky might have finally just realised to move the garbage on. Redknapp be next

The plummeting number of people paying for skysports also had an impact. Sky really need a complete overhaul if they are to maintain their commercial operations. 

2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Just to be clear, I’ve never defended Aluko for anything she said. My point was that you were applying higher standards to aluko based on the assertion with no evidence that she was only on talksport for “diversity reasons”. As I said before plenty of other pundits say stupid stuff all the time and are unprofessional off camera (see keys, gray, carragher spitting etc). 

You then implied that people were being told they couldnt criticise Aluko because she was black. You didn’t hear that from me. Go ahead and criticise her for what she said which was stupid. But you’re the one who wants to bring race into it?

does seem to be holding her to a higher standard than other pundits just because she’s black so maybe she has a point? 

She LITERALLY attacked people because they are white and also claimed that people that display the national flag are racist. 

SHE is the one bringing race into it and she is a disgrace in many, many ways. And a clear racist.

• Like 2

I heard Shebahn Aherne this morning on Talksport, she is awful. 

Literally branding anyone with a opinion that wasn't the same as hers sexist, she got so fret up Brazil told her to go and have some time out 😂😂

Alex Scott - decent pundit,  doesn't offend the whole working class with furlough comments. 

Eni Aluko - shit pundit, also makes up stories for effect and accuses people of being racist for criticising said made up stories. 

Andy gray - shit pundit, massively bigoted views, racist, sexist dickhead

Thierry Henry - decent pundit, likes to cheat to win but generally OK.

It's not racist to criticise Eni aluko. Doesn't mean some of the people doing it aren't racist, but to call them that straight up is weird. She should not be in the public eye if she can't control her outbursts.

Similarly Andy Gray should be given no airtime, but has found a country that shares his backwards views and now makes a living from it.

Interestingly, writing those summaries made me really have to think of a decent male pundit to contrast Gray with. There really aren't many about...

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I heard Shebahn Aherne this morning on Talksport, she is awful. 

Literally branding anyone with a opinion that wasn't the same as hers sexist, she got so fret up Brazil told her to go and have some time out 😂😂

It's what happens when you have a differing opinion on here too!

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

She LITERALLY attacked people because they are white and also claimed that people that display the national flag are racist. 

SHE is the one bringing race into it and she is a disgrace in many, many ways. And a clear racist.

I’m not defending Aluko who I disagree with for much of what she’s said. I’m just reminding a previous poster that it was them who originally brought up race here (before aluko’s latest outburst. People need to actually read each others posts before mudslinging on here 

10 hours ago, JPJCB said:

I’m not defending Aluko who I disagree with for much of what she’s said. I’m just reminding a previous poster that it was them who originally brought up race here (before aluko’s latest outburst. People need to actually read each others posts before mudslinging on here 

I didn't mention you at all. I was simply stating my thoughts on Aluko and I did read your post.

Sports writer for Newcastle (and Newcastle fan IIRC) writing about a League 2 club in Gloucestershire whilst apologizing for an actual murderous regime.

Dull as ****.

So, Gregg Evans, eh?

If he leaves The Athletic it'll be interesting, as there are like 3 reliable journalists who do regular Villa reporting max: Maher, Percy and Collomosse. Unless they go and get Preece. Not sure why they would.

Â