Ashley Westwood

Nabby

If you're a team that largely dominates possession, you can get away with having a deeper lying playmaker instead of a defensive spoiler in there. Unfortunately that isn't us right now. I like Westwood as a player and think he will only get better for us but he really need to improve the defensive aspects of his game.

I concur

I see the drivel about Bannan has found its way into yet another thread. Barring injuries he has already played his last game for us but I can't wait until he is **** off to another club so I don't have to keep reading the same shite about him.

I imagine bannan will take on MON status in that no matter where he is he will still be discussed on here for years!!

when you crash and burn the best part of 100 million during your stay, I guess it is customary to be mentioned now and again for the wrong reasons.

..... However the good news is as time evolves and good work negates the bad work this dastardly scenario will evaporate and the "get out of jail card" you crave will be firmly intact.

Ps Guess something similar is being wriiten on the wearside forums

pps... lets face it, difference of opinion is a wonderful thing..

Wasn't able to control play and, to be fair, struggled to find the right ball all match... but that assist at the end when the pressure was really on, fantastic. Will only get better. Great mentality.

Wasn't able to control play and, to be fair, struggled to find the right ball all match... but that assist at the end when the pressure was really on, fantastic. Will only get better. Great mentality.

Con, it's very amusing that you use your eyes to judge Westwood but your stats to judge Bannan.

If you were consistent you would be here saying, blimey, Westwood has got more assists in 2 games than Bannan has all season. Bannan is actually quite shit.

Admit it. Go on.

Have you read this thread? I've constantly used stats to support my positive opinion of Westwood and, at times, my criticism!

Whoscored needs time to get the game stats finalised. When they do, I'll post them and you will get your fix.

Con, it's very amusing that you use your eyes to judge Westwood but your stats to judge Bannan.

If you were consistent you would be here saying, blimey, Westwood has got more assists in 2 games than Bannan has all season. Bannan is actually quite shit.

Admit it. Go on.

Westwood is lightyears ahead of Bannan in pretty much every aspect of the game. Great player, a year or two more under his belt he'll be a class player.

Admit it. Go on.

Have you read this thread? I've constantly used stats to support my positive opinion of Westwood and, at times, my criticism!

Whoscored needs time to get the game stats finalised. When they do, I'll post them and you will get your fix.

I have, but you haven't ONCE used your opinion in the Bannan thread... only ever stats. That's because you know there is nothing good about Bannan when you watch him.

Admit it... Westwood is a at least 4 times the player Bannan is.

I have used my opinion on the Bannan thread and I will use it again on this thread to say Westwood is not literally four levels higher than Bannan.

Earlier in the thread I did make a comparison with Xavi but Bannan would be Iniesta - about the same level. I do agree that Westwood is more mature on the field, his time with Crewe in the lower divisions appears to count for more than reserve league action.

Stats - Westwood had 81% passing accuracy today. I remember the game against QPR when he had 97%. Now he is going for the key passes, his passing accuracy is dropping.

With lower passing accuracy you want higher number of key passes. Good thing he got three key passes today, the most memorable being the epic through ball for Gabby to finish.

Westwood could not have played his role in the counter-attack better, he even got an assist for passing to Agbonlahor for the first goal - although that one was a lucky assist.

Other than that, Norwich had 54% possession which put our defence under a lot of pressure. We were lucky not to concede more than 1 goal. 

4 assists in a week in the premiership, yeah average player.

I count 3!

So are you basing Ashley Westwood on just 1 week? A week where we won 2 out of 2. What about the many weeks when he went ages without an assist? Oh yeah, I forgot that when that was pointed out as criticism - we were told he isnt there to create. He keeps it simple and allows us to tick over is what was said!

Now, I have been largely critical over Westwood. And tbf to the lad - hes been much improved recently. But Id hardly say its time to completely wipe out the dross that came before it - of which there was plenty. 

A player who is improving. That is a positive. Lets not get carried away.

Edited by Woodytom