Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Both he and Gardner are only ever good when they're alongside a better player.

That kind of tells you everything we need to know tho.

I know you're not necessarily suggesting such but how often have we heard the excuses of 'he only works in a 3' etc. These were clues. Big clues... that he's shite. Good players perform well on their own merit. Not based on what's around them.... albeit that of course can enhance performance.

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

That kind of tells you everything we need to know tho.

I know you're not necessarily suggesting such but how often have we heard the excuses of 'he only works in a 3' etc. These were clues. Big clues... that he's shite. Good players perform well on their own merit. Not based on what's around them.... albeit that of course can enhance performance.

If my post was viewed as some sort of defense of either player, it certainly wasn't intended that way.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Looks like Hoilett only manages three touches as well? Are we completely sure this is right?

He came off about 35 minutes with an injury. Plus he's a winger and they only had 35% possession in the game. So it's not out of the question. But for a CM!?

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Looks like Hoilett only manages three touches as well? Are we completely sure this is right?

I genuinely don't believe that it can be right.

Not in any sort of defense of Westwood. He was crap. But I just don't believe that both of our CMs only touched the ball 9 times between them.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I genuinely don't believe that it can be right.

Not in any sort of defense of Westwood. He was crap. But I just don't believe that both of our CMs only touched the ball 9 times between them.

It seems impossible, doesn't it? But then I don't see why only theirs would be wrong.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

If i can be bothered I'll re-watch the first 10 minutes or so of the periscope of the first half and see if he touches the ball.

Wait...the periscope stream had video? I messed up not checking it :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didnt he only have 18 passes vs Norwich a few weeks back, its not really that surprising at this stage

I think there's been 2 or 3 games where Westwood has had the least amount of touches from both teams. 

This isn't something new, he's just taken it to an extreme level. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

If i can be bothered I'll re-watch the first 10 minutes or so of the periscope of the first half and see if he touches the ball.

I didn't realise, but whoscored actually logs the times too.

Apparently he touched the ball in these minutes: '30, '41 and '45+1

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Sorry, I simply don't believe that he didn't touch the ball for half an hour. I'm calling it, those stats are wrong.

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Finishing strong there!

• Like 1